729 students|Pinellas

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
Ms. Gosnell - thank you for helping my son be the best student he can be by being a part of your gifted program for the past four years. I have been amazed at he changes in his learning and behavior. Thank you for all you do!!!

Posted May 06, 2016
My grandson's teacher Mrs Bilello has gone out of her way to help him. He has been going through a lot of changes in his life lately and has been very upset. I cannot thank her enough for everything she has done to help him. She is a very caring and a great teacher. She really cares about the kids that she teaches. Also everyone in the office has always gone out of there way to help me with anything I needed.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 06, 2016
Yes this school does. In making friends and studying. He used to fight about homework and reading, now he enjoys it.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 06, 2016
All of the teachers we have had have been great. Especially this year. Mrs Bilello is great.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 06, 2016
The teachers my grandson has had there have all been great. He has been going there for four years.

Posted August 31, 2015
I have two daughters who are currently attending MBES and they absolutely love it. I have never come into any issues with the teachers or staff. The teachers are always willing to assist especially since I have a kindergartner who is nervous about the structure schedule. Communication is usually in the form of a planner or behavior folder, email and phone calls. They have open house for parents so they could have a better understanding of what takes place during a typical school day. To the individual who posted on June 9, 2014, I am sorry to hear that you are jumped the titanic. We live in a country that is a melting pot full of culture, religion, and races. Every minority, including myself knows that to get ahead in life you have to work hard and be educated. It is the "American dream" and I am one of those "minorities" that you are speaking so ill about. My parents are not educated but they are hard workers who made it and succeeded. They instilled in my siblings and I the importance of succeeding in life and we are all educated individuals with college degrees including doctorate. Obviously it seems like you shelter your child from the truth. So don't be so quick to judge.

Mcmullen-Booth Elementary School 3

Posted June 09, 2014
The staff at this school is fantastic. By the zoning being awful, the good kids as well as teachers are in a rough spot. I have been with MBES since 2009 and have have my two teens leave and watched my two little kids go there. After my teens left in 2011, the zoning changed adding more minorities and impoverished families. Add in the implementation of the COMMON CORE STANDARDS along with zoning integration of more impoverished demographics has brought this school down. The teachers do their best and the admin is great about making school fun. They are very limited. Parental involvement is a must to insure your child does well. There is little communication for parents. Don't' get me wrong. The teachers do their best, but with the new common core curriculum, they are now constantly testing. Teachers are teaching to the test because they don't have a choice. The kids who don't speak English as well and kids from un or under educated homes are mixed with the higher performing children, thus, taking time away and dumbing the smart ones down. I will miss this school, but I'm jumping the titanic before it sinks.

Posted May 03, 2013
Our daughter has been going to MBES since kindergarten in 2009. We have loved this school since! It was our first school experience and has lived up to and exceeded our expectations. Every teacher our daughter has had has been great and the whole staff is awesome. My son started going to the pre-k program last school year for developmental delays. We are beyond thrilled and thankful for his teacher and aids. No complaints here!

Mcmullen-Booth Elementary School 2

Posted April 17, 2011
I am NOT impressed with the administration at this school; awful communication skills. Special needs children appeared to be simply babysat at this school. McKay Scholarship has been a blessing.

Posted January 10, 2011
We came to this school for Mrs. Fredrick.......and every year after I feel like we hit the Teacher Lotto! I cannot say enough about this school and the staff, people are out there paying for a lesser quality education.

3025 Union Street, Clearwater, FL  33759
Last modified Mcmullen-Booth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.