Mcmullen-Booth Elementary School 3

Posted June 09, 2014
The staff at this school is fantastic. By the zoning being awful, the good kids as well as teachers are in a rough spot. I have been with MBES since 2009 and have have my two teens leave and watched my two little kids go there. After my teens left in 2011, the zoning changed adding more minorities and impoverished families. Add in the implementation of the COMMON CORE STANDARDS along with zoning integration of more impoverished demographics has brought this school down. The teachers do their best and the admin is great about making school fun. They are very limited. Parental involvement is a must to insure your child does well. There is little communication for parents. Don't' get me wrong. The teachers do their best, but with the new common core curriculum, they are now constantly testing. Teachers are teaching to the test because they don't have a choice. The kids who don't speak English as well and kids from un or under educated homes are mixed with the higher performing children, thus, taking time away and dumbing the smart ones down. I will miss this school, but I'm jumping the titanic before it sinks.

Posted May 03, 2013
Our daughter has been going to MBES since kindergarten in 2009. We have loved this school since! It was our first school experience and has lived up to and exceeded our expectations. Every teacher our daughter has had has been great and the whole staff is awesome. My son started going to the pre-k program last school year for developmental delays. We are beyond thrilled and thankful for his teacher and aids. No complaints here!

Mcmullen-Booth Elementary School 2

Posted April 17, 2011
I am NOT impressed with the administration at this school; awful communication skills. Special needs children appeared to be simply babysat at this school. McKay Scholarship has been a blessing.

Posted January 10, 2011
We came to this school for Mrs. Fredrick.......and every year after I feel like we hit the Teacher Lotto! I cannot say enough about this school and the staff, people are out there paying for a lesser quality education.

Posted April 13, 2010
The teachers and staff especially the administrators are very compassionate to everyones nedds.

Posted March 24, 2010
My child attends school in an autism class and his teacher and aides are wonderful. He has learned so much and has come a long way. I'm very pleased with MBES!

Posted November 17, 2009
I have daughter in Pre-K, the teacher Ms.Maggie, Ms Rosenna, Mr Mark..they all are awesome teacher. The way the teach, is really creative and out of the box. My daughter make a big improvement in behavior, knowledge , and critical thinking. I am so overjoyed. The communication is supperb.

Posted February 10, 2009
My son is in Mr. Frederick class. He loves going to school and the most he likes his teacher. She is very good and kind teacher. I couldn't find better school for my child. Thanks a lot.

Mcmullen-Booth Elementary School 1

Posted October 01, 2008

Mcmullen-Booth Elementary School 1

Posted October 01, 2008

Mcmullen-Booth Elementary School
3025 Union Street, Clearwater, FL  33759
Last modified Mcmullen-Booth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcmullen-Booth Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top