No rating

St Cecelia Interparochial School

Private | PK-8 | 425 students

We are best known for Excellent Academic Programs.

Living in Clearwater

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $87,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $860.

Posted August 22, 2014

St. Cecelia is still an excellent school and even better than ever. I have been an involved parent for the past 13 years. The administration change referred to by the previous reviewer (6/9/14), has led to improvements in many areas. EVERY rule is now enforced even more consistently and fairly than ever before. In the past, some of dress code infractions and missing homework may have been overlooked or enforced sporadically. There is now a stronger attitude of, "if it is a rule in the handbook, there will be consequences for non-compliance." Isn't this what our children's experience should be, rather than the current popular mindset of "if I think it's a stupid rule, I don't need to follow it and can probably get away with doing what I want". Bullying can occur in any school. What is important is how it is handled. Our new principal has implemented a school-wide proactive anti-bullying program, enforces non-tolerance of such behavior and has demonstrated a very objective, thoughtful, and thorough handling of reported incidents. The character limits of this review don't let me enumerate the strengths of and many improvements at this wonderful school over the last two years.

Posted June 9, 2014

St. Cecelia's was a wonderful school until two years ago. Since a change in the administration of the school, we have seen an increase in bullying (for which there is no consequence for the bully), yet there has been an increase in discipline for things like late homework and the wrong color socks. Some of the teachers are wonderful, and others berate kids in front of their peers for not doing well on exams, etc. My child will not be returning to the school.

Posted August 21, 2012

My child has been at St. Cecelia for 2 years and has had a wonderful experience. He came from a very expensive private school and we have found the catholic education to be comparable if not better. One of the added benefits of getting a catholic education is that he he has become very compassionate as opposed to the "me me me" attitude at the private schools. This particular school has a tremendous faculty and a "can-do" attitude. The tuition is a little higher than what I would like but it certainly is within reason as compared to other local private schools. Remember that this is a Catholic school and catholism is evident but that is expected. I highly recommend this school!

Posted November 10, 2010

Fantastic, safe school. Our son is receiving a well-rounded education and is forming positive academic habits. Parents can be as involved as they want to be, which helps to build a strong sense of community. We highly recommend this school. Great value for a Blue Ribbon education.

Posted October 9, 2010

St. Cecelia School was just awarded a Blue Ribbon from the Dept. of Education secretary for recognizing that all children can learn, despite their differences. This school has a rigorous curriculum, a dedicated faculty, and a strong volunteer group of parents. Teachers +children+parents = a successful child! Besides the core academics, art, drama, and music are a part of the curriculum during school and after school. SCS is and has been the best school in Clearwater for many years, and they have finally been recognized for their efforts!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 18, 2010

They give the children a wonderful education and a sense of worth.

Posted April 10, 2010

Our two children have attended St. Cecelia for a total of twelve years. They have received an excellent education, and are well prepared to be successful in their future years of high sdchool and college. The teachers are encouraging and very supportive to each child. The Catholic teachings and traditions are an intrical part of the total education of each student. I always feel welcome to this school

Posted April 1, 2010

St. Cecelia Interparochial School is an exceptional school. Our VPK recently scored a perfect 200. Our students consistently rate in the top 25% on standard test scores. Fundamentals are stressed in a loving, caring community. Students are able to participate in a wide variety of activities including Student Council, National Junior Honor Society, drama, and sports to just name a few. I highly recommend St. Cecelia.

Posted March 26, 2010

Both my children attend St. Cecelia School. One is in kindergarten and one is in 2nd grade. I am 100% satisfied with every aspect of our School. The teachers are terrific and you can tell they truly love their students. I would highly recommend this school to anyone. My husband and I definitely made the right decision when we decided to send our children here.

Posted March 18, 2010

Three of our children attend St. Cecelia school and we absolutely love it. Our oldest child also attended for nine years and is excelling in high school because of the wonderful foundation she received at St. Cecelia. At times it has been a sacrifice financially, but the outstanding education, nurturance from the teachers, and faith filled day they receive is worth every penny.

Posted March 17, 2010

My daughter came into this school this year. We love it. She is learning so much. The children have been kind and the teachers are the best.

Posted February 17, 2010

My daughter attended K-8th and my son has also attended since K and will graduate in May. I have watched them both mature into terrific young adults and know that St. Cecelia School has played a major factor in their development. The teachers strive to educate the whole child. The course work is organized and many projects in various subjects enhance the learning process. More importantly, my children leave with a self confidence that comes from the extras they have been given a chance to participate in such as reading at school wide masses...even reading at local churches during their masses as representatives of SCS, participating in a few of the many sports programs provided and most recently the amazing drama production of the Wizard of Oz! We all want the best for our kids and we found the best at SCS!

Posted February 16, 2010

My children are in kindergarten and third grade, and overall it has been a positive experience. My kids enjoy this school and look forward to growing educationally and spiritually. The oldest has done well on the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills (ITBS), so I believe that they are getting a solid education. They have an excellent reading system, and both my kids enjoy reading. I have found the teachers very organized and willing to work with me to help with issues my child has had. All have either given me updates via email or in person or notes when I have requested it. Positives are the teachers, strong community feel, education including religion, and the aftercare program. Negatives for us are the tuition with all the additional fees and fundraisers, cafeteria progam, the lackluster Spanish program, and the lack of regard for working parents' schedules and vacation time.

Posted August 28, 2009

My children went here from K thru 2nd. They both got excellent ratings on their report card. After switching to a closer public school my children were labeled 'struggling students' and were on the potential retainee list. The best aspect at this school is the loving families that attend.

Posted August 20, 2009

The school has gone downhill over the past few years. The tuition is outrageous for what is offered. In our recent research, we have found that the local public/charter schools offer a higher degree of education, technology and support for our children. I would advise looking into local Charter schools prior to registering at SCS.

Posted July 15, 2009

This school needs to do something about bullying!! My son got picked on so much. He switched schools because of it! Tv school is 2 cheap to do anything to make the school better. Unimpressive.

Posted June 15, 2009

I am very fortunate to be able to work for a school with a strong sense of community and spiritualism. The staff works together to bring students the best education possible in a safe and fun learning facility.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 21, 2009

St. Cecelia School is an exceptional school. The administration and faculty really care about each individual student. The school just celebrated its 60th anniversary and is building on its foundation of excellence. While SCS is a Catholic school, they welcome families and students of all faiths.

Posted April 2, 2009

My three children attended St. Cecelia School and were well prepared for high school, where they were placed in honors classes. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a quality education as well as a strong spiritual foundation for their children.

Posted April 2, 2009

The education my three children received at St. Cecelia School was top notch. My children were well prepared for high school and were placed in honors classes. The sense of community while at the school was something I have yet to experience anywhere else. I would highly recommend this school to anyone wanting a quality education with a strong spiritual foundation!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • National Blue Ribbon School Award Winner (2010)
  • Outstanding Board of Catholic Education Award Recipient (2009)

Special education / special needs

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Speech and language impairments

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Arts & music

• Gym

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Gifted / high performing

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Mary Beth Scanlon
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • SACS/CASI
Fax number
  • (727) 446-9140

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Gifted / high performing
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Garden
  • Gym
  • Library
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of St. Petersburg

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper