Clearwater, FL

Posted May 15, 2015
St. Cecelia is a fantastic school. My children love it and have had great experiences at every grade level. The administration is doing an excellent job of strengthening the Catholic identity while raising the academic bar. The designation of IB World School is reflected in the way that projects include multiple subjects and force students to ask "real world" questions. It is a school that helps its students think, not just memorize. St. Cecelia is a very supportive environment that works with parents to build ethical, faithful, intelligent and respectful young citizens. It is a great community of families and feels very much like home to me and my children. We love St. Cecelia and recommend it highly to anyone!

St Cecelia Interparochial School 1

Posted May 04, 2015
The best part of St. Cecelia is the teachers. The majority are knowledgeable, caring, and engaging. Middle school bullying has increased in the past 3 years. Bullying does happen at most schools, but the problem is NOT being handled at all. Some rules do fall into the stupid category . Examples of lunch detentions: wearing brown belts/socks instead of black (a year ago black socks/belts were ok); bringing to class wide-rule paper instead of college-rule paper; forgetting to wear ID badge -time in between classes in middle school was shortened to 2 minutes and several classes are held in different buildings, if you are late to your next class you get a lunch detention . Also, you can't refer to Happy Halloween or Santa Claus but Happy Pumpkin Day and Saint Nicholas . These rules were implemented by the principal who came onboard 3 years ago. She is not approachable. Your ideas and feedback are not taken into consideration. Ask how many teachers have left the school the past 2 years, not counting the 4 teachers that gave their notice this year. St. Cecelia used to be a great school, in which parents, teachers and students felt proud to belong. That is not the case anymore.
3 people found this helpful

Posted January 28, 2015
Saint Cecelia is what a private education should be. Access to teachers, administrators, and all other staff on a daily basis. I drop off and pick up my 3 children AT THEIR CLASSROOM(S). If I have a question regarding an assignment, scheduling, billing, or whatever I simply talk with the teacher (or other individual). The best part is that the teachers, administrators, security personal, maintenance and lunch room staff go out of their way and are genuinely excited to help or answer any questions or concerns I have. I don't need to make an appointment, send an email, fill out a form, call, etc. Each day I pass by a public/private school car line or hear a co worker talk of waiting 2 days to hear back from a teacher via email about something I realize how lucky I am to have found a school like SCS.

St Cecelia Interparochial School 3

Posted October 18, 2014
Rules are good but common sence is better. Where is the common sence at STC?

Posted August 22, 2014
St. Cecelia is still an excellent school and even better than ever. I have been an involved parent for the past 13 years. The administration change referred to by the previous reviewer (6/9/14), has led to improvements in many areas. EVERY rule is now enforced even more consistently and fairly than ever before. In the past, some of dress code infractions and missing homework may have been overlooked or enforced sporadically. There is now a stronger attitude of, "if it is a rule in the handbook, there will be consequences for non-compliance." Isn't this what our children's experience should be, rather than the current popular mindset of "if I think it's a stupid rule, I don't need to follow it and can probably get away with doing what I want". Bullying can occur in any school. What is important is how it is handled. Our new principal has implemented a school-wide proactive anti-bullying program, enforces non-tolerance of such behavior and has demonstrated a very objective, thoughtful, and thorough handling of reported incidents. The character limits of this review don't let me enumerate the strengths of and many improvements at this wonderful school over the last two years.

St Cecelia Interparochial School 3

Posted June 09, 2014
St. Cecelia's was a wonderful school until two years ago. Since a change in the administration of the school, we have seen an increase in bullying (for which there is no consequence for the bully), yet there has been an increase in discipline for things like late homework and the wrong color socks. Some of the teachers are wonderful, and others berate kids in front of their peers for not doing well on exams, etc. My child will not be returning to the school.
4 people found this helpful

Posted August 21, 2012
My child has been at St. Cecelia for 2 years and has had a wonderful experience. He came from a very expensive private school and we have found the catholic education to be comparable if not better. One of the added benefits of getting a catholic education is that he he has become very compassionate as opposed to the "me me me" attitude at the private schools. This particular school has a tremendous faculty and a "can-do" attitude. The tuition is a little higher than what I would like but it certainly is within reason as compared to other local private schools. Remember that this is a Catholic school and catholism is evident but that is expected. I highly recommend this school!

Posted November 10, 2010
Fantastic, safe school. Our son is receiving a well-rounded education and is forming positive academic habits. Parents can be as involved as they want to be, which helps to build a strong sense of community. We highly recommend this school. Great value for a Blue Ribbon education.

Posted October 09, 2010
St. Cecelia School was just awarded a Blue Ribbon from the Dept. of Education secretary for recognizing that all children can learn, despite their differences. This school has a rigorous curriculum, a dedicated faculty, and a strong volunteer group of parents. Teachers +children+parents = a successful child! Besides the core academics, art, drama, and music are a part of the curriculum during school and after school. SCS is and has been the best school in Clearwater for many years, and they have finally been recognized for their efforts!

Posted April 18, 2010
They give the children a wonderful education and a sense of worth.

1350 Court Street, Clearwater, FL  33756
Last modified St Cecelia Interparochial School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Cecelia Interparochial School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top