Clearwater, FL

St Cecelia Interparochial School 3

Posted October 18, 2014
Rules are good but common sence is better. Where is the common sence at STC?

Posted August 22, 2014
St. Cecelia is still an excellent school and even better than ever. I have been an involved parent for the past 13 years. The administration change referred to by the previous reviewer (6/9/14), has led to improvements in many areas. EVERY rule is now enforced even more consistently and fairly than ever before. In the past, some of dress code infractions and missing homework may have been overlooked or enforced sporadically. There is now a stronger attitude of, "if it is a rule in the handbook, there will be consequences for non-compliance." Isn't this what our children's experience should be, rather than the current popular mindset of "if I think it's a stupid rule, I don't need to follow it and can probably get away with doing what I want". Bullying can occur in any school. What is important is how it is handled. Our new principal has implemented a school-wide proactive anti-bullying program, enforces non-tolerance of such behavior and has demonstrated a very objective, thoughtful, and thorough handling of reported incidents. The character limits of this review don't let me enumerate the strengths of and many improvements at this wonderful school over the last two years.

St Cecelia Interparochial School 3

Posted June 09, 2014
St. Cecelia's was a wonderful school until two years ago. Since a change in the administration of the school, we have seen an increase in bullying (for which there is no consequence for the bully), yet there has been an increase in discipline for things like late homework and the wrong color socks. Some of the teachers are wonderful, and others berate kids in front of their peers for not doing well on exams, etc. My child will not be returning to the school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 21, 2012
My child has been at St. Cecelia for 2 years and has had a wonderful experience. He came from a very expensive private school and we have found the catholic education to be comparable if not better. One of the added benefits of getting a catholic education is that he he has become very compassionate as opposed to the "me me me" attitude at the private schools. This particular school has a tremendous faculty and a "can-do" attitude. The tuition is a little higher than what I would like but it certainly is within reason as compared to other local private schools. Remember that this is a Catholic school and catholism is evident but that is expected. I highly recommend this school!

Posted November 10, 2010
Fantastic, safe school. Our son is receiving a well-rounded education and is forming positive academic habits. Parents can be as involved as they want to be, which helps to build a strong sense of community. We highly recommend this school. Great value for a Blue Ribbon education.

Posted October 09, 2010
St. Cecelia School was just awarded a Blue Ribbon from the Dept. of Education secretary for recognizing that all children can learn, despite their differences. This school has a rigorous curriculum, a dedicated faculty, and a strong volunteer group of parents. Teachers +children+parents = a successful child! Besides the core academics, art, drama, and music are a part of the curriculum during school and after school. SCS is and has been the best school in Clearwater for many years, and they have finally been recognized for their efforts!

Posted April 18, 2010
They give the children a wonderful education and a sense of worth.

Posted April 10, 2010
Our two children have attended St. Cecelia for a total of twelve years. They have received an excellent education, and are well prepared to be successful in their future years of high sdchool and college. The teachers are encouraging and very supportive to each child. The Catholic teachings and traditions are an intrical part of the total education of each student. I always feel welcome to this school

Posted April 01, 2010
St. Cecelia Interparochial School is an exceptional school. Our VPK recently scored a perfect 200. Our students consistently rate in the top 25% on standard test scores. Fundamentals are stressed in a loving, caring community. Students are able to participate in a wide variety of activities including Student Council, National Junior Honor Society, drama, and sports to just name a few. I highly recommend St. Cecelia.

Posted March 26, 2010
Both my children attend St. Cecelia School. One is in kindergarten and one is in 2nd grade. I am 100% satisfied with every aspect of our School. The teachers are terrific and you can tell they truly love their students. I would highly recommend this school to anyone. My husband and I definitely made the right decision when we decided to send our children here.

St Cecelia Interparochial School
1350 Court Street, Clearwater, FL  33756
Last modified St Cecelia Interparochial School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Cecelia Interparochial School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top