Saint Paul's School

Private | PK-8

We are best known for well-prepared graduates.

Living in Clearwater

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $107,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $990.

Sweep tile

Posted January 16, 2014

If you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all. This really should be about talking about the great schools in our area. If you don't like a school why spend your time bashing it, why not just move on? If St. Paul's is not right for your family we wish you the best of luck elsewhere, but please don't talk negatively about the school our children attend. Thank you.

Posted December 12, 2013

Sounds like some of these posts are forms of false advertisements. Everyone should be anxious about the downward spiral of SPS. The new Head arriving at the school next year is once again someone without any Head Master experience but full of "brilliant" ideas. The buzz of SPS and the fact that so many families and faculty have left the school is out in the community. No glossy words written by administration or parents too tired to look for other more viable schools will change this fact .

Posted December 10, 2013

Saint Paul's inspires learning in it's students and creates a community feel that the entire family benefits from. We couldn't be happier knowing that our three children have a safe, challenging school that teaches them life lessons, inclusion and what it means to give back to the community. Our interim head of school is kind, fair and a wonderful communicator. We anxiously anticipate the arrival of our wonderful new head of school. We are confident that she will be the perfect addition to the Saint Paul's Family! Come take a look at Saint Paul's!

Posted October 28, 2013

Love St Pauls!! My kids love St Pauls! the teachers and the staff!! My children are having the EXPERIENCE of a lifetime! The education is top notch and way more advanced then the other private schools and public in this area!! My son graduates this year and he said " St Pauls has taught me everything I know"

Posted October 22, 2013

The board of trustees is, at best, in denial about the issues in the school or, at worst, propagating a culture of dumb-ing down, bullying and entitlement. While it is easy to blame the inexperience of the previous head master for the deterioration of the school, the same people who oversaw her hiring and tenure are responsible for finding a new head and turning the school around. So sad as this was once such a fabulous school however, until they face reality, your high tuition dollars are better spent elsewhere - including better public alternatives.

Posted October 7, 2013

Now is the time to re-consider St. Pauls. This school has suffered through some ups and downs in the past 8 years, but it has turned itself around. Our three children are thriving academically and socially this year. The school made some tough decisions, removing the headmaster and no longer tolerating the bullying. The school is once again expelling the students who cause the problems. In addition - we have a full-time dean to address the social problems. This year we added two amazing new teachers - with advanced degrees from Harvard. St. Paul's still has strong placements at the top Prep High Schools. Reconsider.

Posted September 30, 2013

We left school mid year after 4 years of increasing bullying. The level of education is diminishing and the entitlement atmosphere became abusive to my child. I removed her mid-year it got so bad and I changed schools for my 2 other children at the end of the year. They are now in public school where this type behavior is actually punished. I can't believe I was paying to have my child belittled while the teaching staff was aware and actually hid the truth from us. They do not keep records of disciplinary actions taken. The culture at this school is going to quickly be the end of it unfortunately. Clearwater could use a good private school, but St. Paul's School is clearly not it.

Posted September 23, 2013

Nightmare culture of bullying. School is in turmoil with tremendous turnover of staff and families. I had to pull my child out mid year due to the very poor communication between teachers, board members and parents. My middle school child has severe PTSD and was on anti-depressants and in psychiatric care for 18 months after we finally got him out of there. We have since found a much better school that actually punishes bad behavior and will expel children if necessary. Do not ever consider this school unless your child is a cookie cutter "jock" mean kid who can physically defend him or herself. I know this sounds harsh and a little strong but its actually understated. Ask any of the 15 families that have left in the last several months. The best teachers are also leaving too.

Posted August 2, 2013

We have 2 years of experience at the school with 2 children in the 6-8 year age group. They love going to school, learning and have had an excellent rapport with their teachers. As busy professional ourselves, we had hoped to find a school like this. Yes, it is pricey, but you pay for what you get. Having tried our neighborhood elementary, we chose to come to St. Paul's because the bar is set higher in private schools. More importantly, they are able to better inculcate the good habits and solidifying the base in the early, formative years. I was given this advice by other parents and I have found it to be true consistently. If you are new to the area, definitely check it out and speak to current families. And then compare it to other private schools.

Posted May 19, 2013

My child went to this school for three years before I decided to move them to another school. Was the school cheaper? No, but what they had to offer compared to what this school offers for the same money was worth it. If you want a school that is run by the parents, with mean girls, then this school is for you. I agree with the parent who said that if you have a lot of money then you will get a great teacher. But if you don't, then I wouldn't count on a great education. The student body is declining, but it started before the Headmaster joined because of the economy and has gone downhill form there.. Most the teaching staff have been there for a number of years, so there really is no fresh ideas. What they pay their teachers and staff and their expenses makes them have a high tuition. BUT unfortunately for what they charge, you can get more for less at other schools. There are hardly any after school activities, and they tend to get most of their ideas from other schools, no original thinking here. If this school wants to survive, lower their prices to be more reasonable for what they have to offer, get some new teaching staff and stop letting the parents control the school.

Posted May 15, 2013

Stop deleting the truth.Without a doubt Saint Paul's rating has come down from a 5 to a 1! I have read all the reviews posted and I totally (100%) agree with all the negative comments.The bullying,negativity, the power politics of certain families,overpriced,mediocre curriculum with lack of teaching with a few teachers especially in middle school), inappropriate comments to children from the headmaster and teachers,etc.The facilities are wonderful and there are some great teachers at Saint Paul's, but it's a gamble if your child will get one. My child and my friends' children have gone to Saint Paul's from pre-school till they graduated 8th grade.I do not know of one person that left for financial reasons. They are leaving because the way the school is deteriorating in so many aspects. Many parents hire tutors or teach their children themselves. Homework and projects are ridiculous, with some parents doing them. Even some work that goes to county and state competitions are basically done by the parents, and everyone pretends how great the child did.Good news-Headmaster is leaving & if they get rid of some teachers and middle school administration, the school might come back to a 5

Posted March 14, 2013

We've put three girls through this school and have loved every minute of the experience. Every minute! Of course we don't care for the tuition expense, but that is the sacrifice a parent makes for their child! Our girls are all brilliant. One is still at the school. The faculty, staff and education is exceptional. And for the record, no one asked me to write this review. I heard about the negative remarks made, from another parent with three kids all at the school now. She was as blown away as I am that anyone would write such comments. No school is perfect and not every child is going to love every teacher, but you have to look at the "whole picture".

Posted February 13, 2013

I couldn't be happier with Saint Paul's School. My child goes to school every day with a smile. He is getting an amazing education and is cared for and safe!

Posted November 15, 2012

Without question, St Paul's is the premier private school in Pinellas County. We have two graduates who attend high school with students from other local private/Catholic schools and there is no comparison whatsoever in terms of preparedness for high school. The St Paul's kids are by far more prepared for high school than kids from other schools. We also have a child there now who is thriving, in large part to the changes made by the Head of School. It is developmentally outstanding with a very hands-on curriculum. There is also an increased focus on socialization and being a part of a community. The current teachers are dedicated, dynamic and willing to tailor their teaching to the learning styles of each student. Without question, the economy has affected enrollment. But I would caution anyone from being persuaded by negative reviews from former parents who generally have left the school for financial reasons.

Posted October 18, 2012

I may be cynical, but the fact that the 5 star ratings were all posted within days of each other (a couple on the same day) smacks of a PR drive by the administration to push the negative reviews to the next page. I have to echo the most recent comments that "Over the past few years, the Head of School and new administrators have tampered with everything that made this school great. Enrollment has declined steadily as families find better value elsewhere." While the Administration likes to justify the declining enrollment to parents as being due to the economy, this is just not backed up by the fact that their "competitor" schools (including those with higher tuition) have waiting lists. While our experience with the faculty and staff has been quite positive, and all of our children have loved their teachers, we have made the difficult decision to leave the school as their efforts and talents are not valued by the administration and the tension on campus is palpable. Again, as the last poster noted, "Bullying, negativity, and power politics of a few families owning the school (and keeping this current leader) are at an all time high." Not a great environment.

Posted October 2, 2012

We are so happy with Saint Paul's School. My children have a special "home away from home". Saint Paul's is preparing them academically and socially for the future. We have been parents at the school for three years now and we could not be happier!

Posted October 2, 2012

St. Paul's School has been a fantastic learning environment for our two young children. They have progressed very well academically, further developed their social skills, and have become more aware of social and ethical issues. When we pick them up from school every day, they are always smiling which is also very important to us. The staff has been caring and responsive to their needs and ours.

Posted September 24, 2012

Saint Paul's School has given our child an excellent education. Not only is our child excelling in academics, but is given opportunities to express themselves through sports, drama, music and play. It is an amazing school and after participating at the school for eight years, change has been good!

Posted September 24, 2012

Saint Paul's School has been our home for a number of years and has provided the very best education to our children in a warm, nurturing environment. The location alone of the school allows for hands on activities to be incorporated into the curriculum (i.e. exploring Allen's Creek and learning about the environment). We are very lucky to have a Head Master who is an educator and can truly understand the foundations of curriculums and institute the best components thereby resulting in a well rounded education. Our Head Master has also implemented new changes and programs to keep our school exciting. My children love going to school each and every day and I am always blown away by what they are learning in a safe, healthy environment. I am sad to see any negative comments but truly encourage anyone reading and considering a private school to take a private tour and meet the faculty and staff and see the school and not base their decision on reviews alone since a school experience is a personal one.

Posted September 17, 2012

My son is in the fourth grade and I am sure he is getting a wonderful education. Nearly the entire staff is involved with my son's education from the Head Master down. In short, they are involved and caring educators. Regarding, the Head Master, I was able to get to know her as a parent and administrator despite the fact that I am a tough and critical person. SHE IS AN INCREDIBLE ASSET to the school. Please consider the negative reviews with as being most likely submitted by someone with an agenda.

Two or more races 8% N/A

• Spanish

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Dr. Angel Kytle
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Episcopal
Associations
  • ACSI
  • SACS/CASI
Fax number
  • (727) 531-2276

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper

Apply now

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Berkeley Preparatory School