Clearwater, FL

St Pauls School 1

Posted April 18, 2015
If you are looking for a school with high education worth your money, don't come here. St. Paul's used to be an amazing school before they got rid of their best teachers due to financial situations. My son went here for middle school and within the first week of school hated it and wanted to leave. They say they have outstanding education when really it is only mediocre. The public schools in my son's school district have the same level of education while being free. Do not go to St. Paul's, it is a huge waste of money.
4 people found this helpful

Posted February 11, 2015
We are so pleased with the school as it serves as a second home for our children. The administration, faculty, staff, and parents come together to provide a nurturing, safe, and truly wonderful experience for children during these very important childhood years. The school is able to pair academic excellence and social growth while providing comprehensive enrichment programs and activities. Families are so pleasant and this is reflected in the children through their compassion and kindness.

Posted February 10, 2015
We are current parents at the school and our daughter has been there for nine years. Not only are the academics top notch, but so is the administration team, teachers, and staff. From Lessons and Carols to Coffee Poetry House there are so my opportunities for our children to express themselves; it is impressive! We seen a lot of changes in the years and it is awesome to see the school excelling.

Posted February 09, 2015
I have been a parent at Saint Paul's School for 10 years. Our son graduated last spring and is a high school freshman, enrolled in all Honors classes. His transition to 9th grade has been easy, and he is earning A's and high B's (88%-89%). We believe, and he will testify to this fact, that his success now is directly related to the strong academic foundation he got from Saint Paul's. He has the tools he needs because of the nine years of individual attention and excellent preparation given him by the teachers and staff at Saint Paul's. That safe, caring atmosphere encouraged him to flourish and discover his potential in all areas of his life - academic, social/emotional, spiritual, and physical. The personal relationships his teaches developed with him from Kindergarten through 8th grade, and the genuine interest they took in him, enhanced his development beyond imagine, and their influence in his life continues to linger. Our younger son is right behind him, receiving the same level of dedicated commitment from his teachers. We are sincerely grateful for the opportunity we have to belong to such a school where our children are recognized, nurtured and led to be all they can be.

Posted February 05, 2015
I am the parent of 2 children in 5th and 2nd grade. I could not be happier with our experience at St.Paul's School. Both my children started in Pre-K 3. My kids are in an environment that nurtures them mentally, physically and spiritually. I couldn't ask for a better experience then the one we have had at this school. Great things are happening at the school right now, and I believe this is the Premier Independent School in the Tampa Bay area.

Posted February 05, 2015
I am a current parent, this is our fourth year at the school. I have two boys, in 3rd and 5th grade. We have been very happy with our experience at Saint Paul's. We opted for private school because we did not feel we had any good public school options. We wanted a nurturing environment that served the whole child, not just a teach-the-test mentality. Saint Paul's has delivered that and more! They are able to provide a good sold base in the fundamentals AND specials in art, music, Spanish, drama, technology, library and P.E. I love that they are able to teach across disciplines for a truly in-depth understanding. I love the desire for continuous improvement - to do better, to do more, to take it further than ever before, to implement new technologies to enhance learning. Our new head of school is AMAZING, she has brought so many new and exciting ideas, I can't wait to see what will be implemented next! The amount of parent involvement in the school is also pretty exceptional compared to other schools. It's a very exciting and energizing time to be a Saint Paul's student - and parent! I encourage you to come and see for yourself.

Posted February 03, 2015
Current parent with Middle School student who has attended for nine years. Moved to Tampa Bay, explored options both sides of the Bay, and only Saint Paul's had the right mix of scholarly, sport and social emphasis for our family. No matter who the head of school has been, SPS has stayed true to its founding mission: excellent college preparatory curriculum and whole child (mind, body, spirit) development. The faculty and administration know our child and are governed according to true independent school principles. I am a product of a public school education and did not understand the term "independent" at the beginning of our child's education journey. Research NAIS and FCIS for yourself to understand the accreditation process and the top-notch group of schools in the USA deemed "independent." Saint Paul's is the only independent Pre-K3 through 8 option in our area and it is comparable to the best in other regions. We value the developmentally-appropriate freedom our child has been given by every teacher and are seeing the fruits of this labor of love in an articulate, well-adjusted, creative learner with the ability to get into any high school. Come visit and see for yourself!
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 03, 2015
We love this school. My 9 year old son stands in our hallway ready and excited to go to school. The hands on, engaging, and academically challenging teaching style and curriculum has created his love for lifetime learning . We could not ask for more.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 28, 2015
We chose Saint Paul s School 6 years ago for their academics. We stay at Saint Paul s School for their academics, their independence, and their ability to make my two children love learning. When we started our school search in 2008, we thought we were going to have a very difficult time finding the perfect fit for our children. After visiting three schools, choosing SPS was the easiest decision we have made as parents. Through the transition in leadership, the academics have remained strong and perfectly tailored to meet the needs of our children. We had a strong Interim Head of School in 2013/2014 and our new Permanent Head of School, Samantha Kemmish, has brought high standards, strong experience, and leadership like none other. We are so excited to continue to watch our children grow in confidence, flourish socially, and develop academically at Saint Paul s School.
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 28, 2015
This is our 10th year at Saint Paul's School. Our oldest child graduated from 8th grade last year and is now attending high school at an independent school in Tampa. She is thriving academically and socially at her new school, and we attribute this to a well balanced curriculum, high academic standards, caring teachers, and nurturing environment that Saint Paul's offers from early childhood through middle school. Our youngest child is in the 5th grade, and we have every intention on keeping her at Saint Paul's throughout middle school, so that she can continue grow and learn at such a special place before heading off to high school. Despite some of the ups and downs over the past years and changes in heads of school, Saint Paul's is strong as ever and remains a wonderful school!!! After looking at high schools last year, it was confirmed to us that Saint Paul's is very highly respected in the Tampa Bay area and it's graduates are sought after by the areas most prestigious high schools. I would encourage anyone seeking out a school from PreK-8th grade to come visit in person and see for themselves what a truly special and unique place that Saint Paul's is!
3 people found this helpful