PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

First Lutheran School 1

Posted May 22, 2016
I've heard a lot of negatives about First Lutheran but figured it was just disgruntled individuals with personal issues. Well, I should have listened. For all those who write about the great achademics at FLS, they are delusional. This school is light years behind. my A/B FLS student didn't even test at his grade level when I had him tested by Pinellas County, which I did only because I was suspicious. A little duedliligence as to what is taught in other schools will prove how far behind FLS is. I checked further, talking to others who have left the school and the achademic struggles their children he upon attending a new school. I will regret all the years wasted at this school and for how it has hurt my child.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 22, 2016
How can a school that turns a blind eye bullying promote compassion and caring? Frankly, this school is so small and sheltered the children aren't socialized.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 22, 2016
This school doesn't hold their students accountable for their actions. Before I became concerned about achademic, I was concerned about bullying. The same kids over and over again are causing issue and mother is ever done.

First Lutheran School 5

Posted April 29, 2016
Our son has attended First Lutheran School for several years. We love everything about it! It is safe, challenging academically, and a loving environment. The teachers truly care for all of the children and love them as their own. My child is making life long friends. The families are also wonderful. As a parent it is so nice to have the friendship and support of other Christian families. The facilities are not the newest but every year progress is being made. Just this year the computer lab received all new computers, new floors were installed, and student desks were replaced. We are so thankful that our son attends this school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 29, 2016
I am grateful everyday for each and every teacher at this school. I can leave my son with them and know that he will be protected and loved.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted April 29, 2016
Our child has about an hour of homework every night. That includes his required 20 minutes of reading. I appreciate the homework. I like seeing what my child is doing and it gives me the chance to see where my child may need a little extra help. I have sent notes to his math teacher explaining certain problems we had trouble with and the next day she worked through them and made sure he was understanding. I like being able to be a part of his education.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted April 29, 2016
The teachers show and teach Gods love. For example: on multiple occasions I have seen entire classrooms of children work to help others. On their own, classes have decided to collect and earn money to provide Christmas presents for needy families. Every year the Student Council raises money to fill a local food bank. Throughout the year individual students take it upon themselves to host a drive for local charities. I could go on and on!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted March 08, 2016
I have known some who did no hold a valid teaching certificate. Once again not Christian like behavior.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted March 08, 2016
Some students are given answers to tests by the teacher. I have first hand knowledge of this activity.

First Lutheran School 5

Posted March 12, 2015
My son has been attending this school for the last few years. As a parent you want what is best for your child.. my son is not the easiest to deal with by any means, has a mind of his own .. I will say this school has a foundation that is compassionate with true Christian values. My son has come so very far since he started. The teachers are amazing. If you are looking for a real Christian School with a good foundation and teachers that make a difference, then this is truly the place.. yes the school is older but its a real hidden treasure. It was truly the best decision I have made for my child.

1644 Nursery Road, Clearwater, FL  33756