PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I've heard a lot of negatives about First Lutheran but figured it was just disgruntled individuals with personal issues. Well, I should have listened. For all those who write about the great achademics at FLS, they are delusional. This school is light years behind. my A/B FLS student didn't even test at his grade level when I had him tested by Pinellas County, which I did only because I was suspicious. A little duedliligence as to what is taught in other schools will prove how far behind FLS is. I checked further, talking to others who have left the school and the achademic struggles their children he upon attending a new school. I will regret all the years wasted at this school and for how it has hurt my child.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school doesn't hold their students accountable for their actions. Before I became concerned about achademic, I was concerned about bullying. The same kids over and over again are causing issue and mother is ever done.

Our son has attended First Lutheran School for several years. We love everything about it! It is safe, challenging academically, and a loving environment. The teachers truly care for all of the children and love them as their own. My child is making life long friends. The families are also wonderful. As a parent it is so nice to have the friendship and support of other Christian families. The facilities are not the newest but every year progress is being made. Just this year the computer lab received all new computers, new floors were installed, and student desks were replaced. We are so thankful that our son attends this school.

Amount of homework: Agree

Our child has about an hour of homework every night. That includes his required 20 minutes of reading. I appreciate the homework. I like seeing what my child is doing and it gives me the chance to see where my child may need a little extra help. I have sent notes to his math teacher explaining certain problems we had trouble with and the next day she worked through them and made sure he was understanding. I like being able to be a part of his education.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I have known some who did no hold a valid teaching certificate. Once again not Christian like behavior.

Amount of homework: no rating

Some students are given answers to tests by the teacher. I have first hand knowledge of this activity.

My son has been attending this school for the last few years. As a parent you want what is best for your child.. my son is not the easiest to deal with by any means, has a mind of his own .. I will say this school has a foundation that is compassionate with true Christian values. My son has come so very far since he started. The teachers are amazing. If you are looking for a real Christian School with a good foundation and teachers that make a difference, then this is truly the place.. yes the school is older but its a real hidden treasure. It was truly the best decision I have made for my child.

Not to discredit all the prior negative reviews but they sound more like personal gripes then anything else. I can only speak from my own experience and my experience has been that my children are happy to attend First Lutheran School and have teachers that genuinely seems happy to teach them.First Lutheran school has instilled a love of learning and a love of Jesus Christ in my children .Although no school is perfect First Lutheran offers a small,safe family environment and I hope my children will be able to continue their education at FLS for years to come.

Please tour this school and pay attention to the children's faces. Also take a good look at the teachers as well, no one smiles. I recently switched schools and I have a whole different child. My child was going to be moved up a grade at FLS. After only a week at his new school he is actually behind. The only thing postive thing about FLS are the families. Please DO NOT send your children here, they would be better off in a public school.

This school is a joke passed off as a school. Where to begin, the facility is old and dingy, recently cleaned up apparently. The communication is horrible, families never know what is going on. The teachers for the exception of a couple don't appear to even like their job or the children in their class. Most critical is their academics. My child left with above average grades and even jumped a grade in math yet it took a year to catch up at the new school just to be average. Physical education is basically run around a field with high grass and ant. There is zero structure. I'm not sure what the purpose or motive is for this school - it shouldn't even be called a school.

Last modified First Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8