No rating

Skycrest Christian School

Private | PK-8

Living in Clearwater

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $81,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $950.

Posted June 11, 2010

My son attended SCS from 5th-8th grades and absolutely loved it! The teachers and administration are very professional and care about their students. The fine arts and sports programs are second to none!!!! And now with the emphasis on technology, SCS is a well-rounded school. I highly recommend it!!!!!

Posted June 11, 2010

My son attended Skycrest for 4 years. It is the best thing that happened to him! Not only is he prepared for high school, but the teachers had an immeasurable impact on him. He truly grew as a person and as a student. He is confident, strong in his faith, and ready to face the challenges of high school. My hat is off to the awesome staff and administration at Skycrest Christian School. You will not find a better school!!

Posted June 2, 2010

Best private Christian school in the county! Parents work in unison with the faculty and Administration to give their children the best possible education.

Posted May 31, 2010

The Administration at Skycrest works so hard to make this the best Christian school in the county. Curriculum has been improved, technology is growing by leaps and bounds and the "family atmosphere" within the school is evident daily.

Posted May 24, 2010

I've been to 4 different schools and this is the best. The teachers actually like and support the students here. Our sports teams are the best and we learn how to play sports like true Christians. The campus is so nice and the Administration does everything they can to continually improve the school.

Posted May 22, 2010

I can't say enough about how great Skycrest has been for my children. The teachers and the administration are awesome. They've implemented numerous academic and technological changes that have brought the school to new heights. Take an opportunity and visit the school, you'll be glad you did.

Posted May 14, 2010

DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL! Save your money and spare your child the heartache. The teachers can do and say anything they choose to your child and if you get the Admin. involved they degrade you and bully you. I made it one year. Pay them the money and do not share any concerns and you will be fine. The teachers are LAZY and do as little as possible. My daughter's teacher informed me that after school was "her time" and she would never give out her number. I, along with other parents are removing our children and going elsewhere!

Posted March 16, 2010

My daughter attended Skycrest K3 through 4th grade. I moved her due severe behavior issues that weren't being addressed. I believe those few were soley kept on campus for their tuition dollars, period. Several teachers were severely stressed due to these issues and class disruptions were off the charts. I also didn't like that the learning was always in a one way, lecture format. There was no peer to peer learning whatsoever . When my child had to think for herself and research and write a report in 5th grade she was woefully unprepared for it Most of the teachers were caring and talented, especially Ms. Burton, Ms. Barnaky & Mr. Conroy. But it was very obvious that the admin didn't want any feedback, no matter how constructive. A huge wave of students began a mass exodus the yr we left. Hopefully they're a more responsive school now as a result.

Posted February 3, 2010

Skycrest Christian School is stepping up to the plate for my daughter when others wouldn't. I am a professional and advocate for children with special needs and when my daughter became a special needs child I was forced to look at this school in terms of a parent, advocate and a professional. The staff at Skycrest Christian School went beyond my expectations in helping and supporting my daughter and myself through a tiring assessment and evaluation process. They are centered in the needs of their students and their families. I would highly recommend this school to anyone!!! Thank you Skycrest Christian School for stepping up to the plate for my daughter. Submitted by parent, psychologist and Board Certified Behavior Analyst

Posted June 10, 2009

If you're looking for a school that is committed to leadership, academics, athletics, & fine arts (all from a biblical perspective), then Skycrest is the place to be in the area. Love it!

Posted May 23, 2009

Skycrest is a fantastic school the athletics are fantastic! This past 2009 school year the energy in all of the extra events is amazing , from the kids that help to all of the teachers! I believe God is directing the new principal the correct direction!
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 9, 2009

It has increased in Quality since the new principal took over, we have 2 children there,the best private schoolin Pinellas County.

Posted January 1, 2009

Great school. Great Staff... Great and above and beyond the call of duty for the leaders.. Outstanding

Posted April 8, 2008

It has declined in quality since the passing of Mr. Quarterson, current administrator will not listen to any concerns about 'her teachers'. Unfortunately a number of families have left because of her.

Posted March 27, 2008

I have had two children go to Skycrest from K-8. My second is just this year graduating and will move on to CCHS. Overall the school was great. The education, faculty, parental involvement, sports, extra curricular activities.... great. If you want a school to help teach character in addition to all the other aspects of education, Skycrest is the place..... James Rapp

Posted August 2, 2007

My son just finished attending Skycrest from K4 through 8th grade. The faculty showed care and concern for him as he grew and matured, and the school operates almost like a 'family'. When tragedy strikes a family, the faculty and staff provide comfort, encouragement, and even meals, if needed. The school excels academically, as evidenced by the achievements of the graduates, but it also excels in the fine arts and athletics. The music program is outstanding!

Posted July 12, 2007

Overall a fantastic shool. We have 2 children who have gone through K5 to 4th grades, and are moving into 2nd & 5th this term. The teachers go above and beyond in theor duty to teach and care for the students, as shown in the excellent SAT results. We moved our youngest from state school and immediatly improved in SAT grades and focus, due to the care and dilligence of the teachers. They spend extra time with kids who may struggle, but also stretch the kids who fly - great achievment. Skycrest also does well in sports - with many after school programs. The Christian approach is central and shows in the overall care and performance of the shcool. Well done Skycrest. Rob & Louise Walker

Posted May 1, 2007

I attended Skycrest from K-5 - 8th grade and it is the best school. In K-5 I was out of school for a while because I was very ill and had to have surgery. My teacher at the time came to my home and brought me my school work and gave me the same lessons she taught the other kids and she brought me ice cream. Then in 1st grade my home burned down. The whole school got together and brought my family and I everything we could need and more. You couldn't ask for a better school. The staff doesn't just know your name but they know you and they care. That's something I never found in another school. Parents - You should be honored to have your child attend this school! It's one of a kind!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 5, 2006

Skycrest provides an outstanding education in a Christ centered environment. Our son graduated in 2001 and our daughter in 2006. Our son has had outstanding academic success in high school and now college, and I expect our daughter to do just as well with the foundation she received at Skycrest.

Posted December 29, 2005

We have enjoyed the teachers, quality of teaching, content and materials used to teach from K5 thru 2nd

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (727) 797-8516

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

129 North Belcher Road