Clearwater, FL

Posted June 02, 2015
We were looking for the right fit for our son who was entering high school. A friend of mine had two boys graduate from Lakeside and had wonderful things to say. I (mom) scheduled an appointment with Mr. Jensen and he personally spent 1 1/2 hours with me discussing the school, showing me around and even allowing me to visit classes in session. I was very impressed and set up a shadow day for our son. He spent the day at Lakeside and enjoyed it very much. Mr. Jensen personally called him that afternoon and asked him how his day was. Our son made the decision to attend Lakeside right after he spoke with Mr. Jensen. Our son has just completed his junior year. You can ask him on any given day and he will tell you that he loves going to Lakeside. As a parent I see the teachers and faculty caring so much about the students. I feel that we are not only part of a school; but a part of a family. They truly care about your child. The academic program is strong which is extremely important to me. One of the many things I love is how diverse the school is in such areas as ethnicity and learning disabilities. I have read the review below and it angers me about the comment regarding skin color. Our school is made up of so many different skin colors just like the world we live in. That is the simple truth. Come visit our school and you can see for yourself. As far as the other comment about being run down, we are in the process of renovating. Our school is not about appearance, it is about what it gives to our children in education, sports, and most importantly faith. Please do not judge a book by it's cover. You will be making a big mistake...

Posted June 01, 2015
My daughter has attended Lakeside for 7 years. We are very happy with the staff and curriculum. They actively strive to prepare students to be "college ready" when they graduate instead of just receiving a diploma. I'm always amazed at the great job they do of keeping the technology state of the art. They may have an old building, but it's clean, safe and welcoming. The school focuses their money on the education and students. The parents are working on building updates. The staff is very approachable from the office to the teachers to the principals. My child has learned to bring problems, suggestions and questions directly to the administration. She is always given time to be heard and is treated respectfully in a loving Christian way. My daughter will continue to attend Lakeside until she graduates from high school in 2 more years!

Posted June 01, 2015
My children and I love this school. My two children have been going to Lakeside for three years and will be going again next year. My children are protected and cared for. My son even has ADHD and he does not feel like an outsider or different at Lakeside as at a public school the teachers did not know how to deal with a child who just was not as focused as the other students. Whenever I think I should put them back into a public school (just to be in a bigger environment) my children beg me not to do it. Then I drive by the public schools and cringe when I see how the children act. Lakeside has no tolerance for bad behavior. If there is any bad behavior or bullying it is stopped immediately and there are consequences. All of the kids are respectful to each other and their teachers. Being on the PTF (Parent Teacher Fellowship) committee you see how the Teachers, Students and Parents commit to Lakeside.. The school is very diverse (ethnic, disabilities, etc) so all the students are in an environment that teaches them that everyone is equal. The school is an older school and we (PTF members) are working on renovations. Renovations are just cosmetic as the real reason to attend Lakeside is to have your child learn in a small classroom environment with loving teachers and staff who care about your child's well being. Learning about God every day (you can't in a public school) is also such a blessing as God is the reason that we are here.

Lakeside Christian School 1

Posted May 20, 2015
It is scary there... this school is run down. They are very judgmental and not loving as they proclaim to be. Save your money and time and go find another school. This is a horrible school.

Posted June 19, 2014
Lakeside is by far the best school I have ever heard about or seen!! Everyone, from the administrator and principal, to the sweet teachers, to Mrs Burkholz, who does everything, they are all SO sweet and caring. They truly do adopt you when you join. I have never been so loved, and spiritually, and educationally nurtured! They push you academically, so that you achieve things you never thought you could. And they put you ahead where you're strong, and hold you back where you're weak until you catch up. They also have amazing scholarships, so almost everyone can offord lakeside! Joining Lakeside is the BEST decision you will ever make.

Posted February 21, 2014
We have had our kids at LCS since 2008 and can't be more grateful for the way this ministry is run and what they have done for us. From the administration to the teachers we have never received anything but support. The teachers that our children have had were all highly trained in their specific subjects and accessible for parent involvement. The LCS discipline policy requires students to meet high standards for behavior and students who disrupt classrooms are not tolerated. We believe that it is BECAUSE of the structure at LCS, not in SPITE of it, that our kids have been so successful there. Our kids happen to be on the gifted side and they were/are sufficiently challenged enough to score very high nationally on their standardized testing, with the first one to graduate receiving high scores on AP tests & the SAT which earned him a full scholarship to a private college. We've also seen many students with learning challenges successfully re-enter main-stream classrooms through the Lakeside Learning Solutions program. We have rarely witnessed a ministry fulfill their mission statement so fully. "Training Students to become Fully Equipped" truly is Lakeside's first priority.

Posted February 21, 2014
My children have attended Lakeside Christian School since 2007. Two of my boys have learning disabilities and the third has ADHD. My oldest has autism. As far as individualized help, my children run the gamut. The Christ-centered culture and behavior plan at our school has enabled my children to grow spiritually and be challenged academically. The mainstream environment is rigorous and the discipline serves to put responsibility for behavior into the hand of the child. My sons have learned to own their choices and understand real life expectations. Each of my children's needs have been met starting at their level and their learning has been scaffolded as required to help them grow into truly independent learners. The highly qualified staff of teachers and therapists work to meet the needs of every learner at Lakeside. Children there are valued as precious gifts from the Lord and the staff takes their responsibility very seriously and works hard for every child to train them up in the way they should go to fulfill, in the case of my boys, Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you; plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope".

Lakeside Christian School 1

Posted August 23, 2013
Horrible school... They allow novice teachers to ruin and determine a childs future through "on the job training" experimenting! I did not enjoy my childs time spent at the school. They have no patience for children who require more attention and their strict strategies do not work for all. If your child requires education from a more indivualized perspective, than this school is not for him/her! Be careful prior to enrolling your child and do your research!
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 11, 2013
I went to Lakeside Christian School from K-4 all the way through my senior year of high school and I would never ever change that. Lakeside and it's staff are amazing. They truly love the Lord first and care about every single one of their students. Lakeside really has become like my second home and its staff my family. They have helped me grow mentally, academically, and spiritually more than they will ever know and I am immensely grateful for the privilege of calling LCS my Alma mater! I would strongly encourage anyone contemplating Lakeside for their children to pursue it, its the best decision you'll ever make.

Posted July 05, 2012
Most amazing place you could ever put your kids! Caring is an understatement, they truly go above and beyond to nurture your child's mind and their character. I had a child who would jump out of a moving car, vomit and hit himself to get out of going to his last school. Now he sleeps on the couch in his uniform and can't wait to drive the 1 hour each way it takes us to get to Lakeside. Their NILD program is a gift of peace to all familiies and their Gifted programs are beyond anything anyone could wish for. Our daughter is working 1 year ahead in her curriculum (at a national level) while learning with her peers. Beg and borrow to get your kids into this school. The principal told me that miracles happen at Lakeside and I must say, he UNDERsold. Good luck to you in your search, but I do not think you will could ever be disappointed with Lakeside!

Lakeside Christian School
1897 Sunset Point Rd, Clearwater, FL  33765
Last modified Lakeside Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Lakeside Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top