2,126 students|Lake

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I personally haven't been bullied at school but I have heard of people getting picked on and there was a large amount of fights last year that caused our Power hour to be taken away.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

There isn't a solid leadership at this school. Seems like no one is really ever in charge.

Develops character: Neutral

I believe I am less respectful because of this school and the people in it. Mostly the student, sometimes teachers.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some teachers are not as skilled as others and seem like they were just hired out of desperation.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

WAY TOO MUCH HOMEWORK EVERY NIGHT ALL NIGHT.

Nothing is amazing but nothing is too horrible

It's a good school. Ms. Shepard, the principal, or as we call her, Mama Hawk, really puts so much effort into this school to make it the best school possible... But, especially this school year... I have so many teachers that aren't that helpful or teach that well. When we go to complain about it, they don't do anything about it. But I do enjoy the IPad, Laptop, and BYOD (bring your own device) programs. It is a lot better than pencil/pen and paper.

I truly love working at Lake Minneola, our students, and administration work diligently to do the right thing. The principal enforces high standards while using positive behavior support to enforce it. The guidance department does what they can with over crowding. I personally have not encountered a bullying problem, but those I have heard about are handled in the appropriate manner. Our community is supportive of the teachers in my realm. . Over crowding is not because of zone waivers, or the Principal shipping in athletes (We are not Monteverde Academy). You could find this out if you attended any of the school board meetings. Most of our over-crowding can be attributed to false addresses, the rest being the growth in our area of the district. Our students complain about the iPADS, but they also forget what life is like without them. Their assignments, and textbooks are at their fingertips at all times. I truly would not want to work for another school in the district.

I'm glad my children attend this school. The principal is very involved and enthusiastic. She cares about the students. The iPad program has worked out well for us. As with all schools, there are the good, the bad and the mediocre teachers...but we have found far more good than bad. They have a good selection of AP classes and I feel my children are being well prepared for college. Athletics do play a big part, but I don't think that is uncommon for any school this size. Excellence is acknowledged on an academic basis as well. Whenever I have had a problem, I have brought it to the administration in a polite and professional manner and I have been treated politely and professionally in return. We have always been able to come up with an acceptable compromise. Bullying was a minor issue for us at one point, but the support available was acceptable. You can't blame the school for the actions of a few idiots. Every village has some. The school is not perfect, but perfect high school sounds like an oxymoron to me. I give them a 4.5 out of 5.

LET THE CHILDREN " BROWN BAG LUNCHES " !!!!! IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION, MINNEOLA H. S. Lunch lines are so long, children are forced to go without lunches ,this has happened more the ONCE. AND ONCE IS TOO MUCH. are staff aware ??? This is unheard of, I'm 71 years old, and have never heard of such a thing happening. Who do we have looking after our youth, and what ex-samples are we showing our future leaders. ???

Last modified Lake Minneola High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.