535 students|Lake

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My child was bullied for several years until I finally moved him to a different school. The school is run down and had very little room to grow or improve. The materials that were required at the beginning of the school year was more "office supplies" than "classroom supplies".

I have two children that attend school here and I honestly don't feel that the curriculum is up to par. My 3rd grader is bringing home spelling words that should be learned in first grade. I do not feel that they are being challenged enough academically and I believe that it will negatively impact them in the future. We are moving soon and I will be glad when they are enrolled at a different school.

My children have been attending this school since October of 2013 and I must say, I have seen a drastic improvement in their overall school performance and grades. My oldest child was struggling at her previous school and had been getting 'C's and even an occasional 'D'. My youngest was getting 'B's and 'C's. Over the last few months my oldest received all 'A's and 1 'B' and my youngest received straight 'A's. The teacher's are very involved and try and keep in contact with the parents to discuss any issues and to keep you informed of your child's progress, strong attributes, etc. I couldn't be any more proud to call Clermont Elementary our family's school!

such helpful and polite staff moved my daughter from a new school here due to relocating and have no complaints.

My daughter went to Clermont Elementary school and she received a phenomenal education. She received all 4's and 5's on her FCATS and they are also a leader in assisting students with disabilities with accommodations. Ms. Caple runs a very family-friendly school but I feel the parent and child will get a lot more of their education as a whole if parents are involved. Involvement is key - especially in the elementary school phase of a child's life. I volunteered for activities, went to PTO meetings AND worked full-time in downtime Orlando. This is a wonderful school and even though my daughter is no longer there, I still miss it and think it prepared her for the honor student she still is todday.

Clermont Elementary is one of the worst schools I have had to deal with I have 4 kids in this school and hate the way there teaching is being done my son hate going school now they feel punishing kids for forgetting there pencil is just not acceptable ,my kids are not learning since going there ...and having four kids I would expect to see somethings in report cards that shows different results but 2of these reports where identical no diffrent which should have been diffrent because of there differences..all of the comments that say what a good school are written by staff members (overheard) conversation ...thank you Clermont elementary for ruining my kids love for school ...my kids did come from thornbrooke elementary what a great school wish I could move back

We transferred to Clermont last year from another local school. Just by walking in fhe front office we knew we were at the right place. We feel that our children are getting what they need and more from their teachers, staff, Vice Principal and Principal. To comment on others stating that they don't stress on the arts, remember that teachers and school are required to meet certain goals and unfortunately there isn't always time for the art, music and language classes. We did love that our previous school had "specials" in art, music, instruments and language. For the amount of time in between when the class came around again in nine day rotation, it was hard for the children to progress quickly and retain. I am coming from music, arts & theatre background so it is important for our children to get a well rounded education including sports. The children at the previous school did not get the required amount of state mandated ruling for physical education. In fact some of the teachers were not giving recess or only allowing it only once a week. Physical education classes were part of the "specials" rotation so they were fudging numbers by counting the kids walking to class.

As for me clermont elementary is great school. My son can from minneola elementary. And as a parent I see the differnt in my son score.and his reading has improve . the teacher are great. also my girl goes there.

Awful school in an awful area..we moved to FL in Sept 07 and did not know how bad Clermont was, quickly moved out in March of 08 - hated the school and the staff was awful!

My son learn very good last year and Now He go back Pre k and He is with teacher who is can Sign language since We are deaf and It Help lots to talk with! and My son learn alot from that school which is wonderful .. teacher teach and she use sign lang and speak while class ! Amazing! --

Last modified Clermont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.