Clermont, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted November 30, 2014
Both my boys have attended Cypress Ridge since 1st and 2nd grade respectively. One just graduated, and the other is in 5th Grade. Cypress Ridge is by far the best Elementary School in the area. I have felt very confident leaving my kids in their care over the years, and in the ability of the Teacher's and staff. Yes, the building is old! Yes, it needs a renovation desperately! However, I have learned over the years, that a beautiful new facility far from ensures a good school! What makes a quality school is not the curriculum, but how it is implemented and maximized by the teachers. It is not a bright shiny new gym floor, or a sparkling cafeteria. It is the teachers, staff, parents and kids inside the walls that make a school great! Of course computers, libraries, extracurricular activities are all very important. My point is, if your only complaint or concern is proper updated air conditioning, new buildings, or a place to eat lunch with your child, than you don't have much to worry about with regards to your child's education do you?

Cypress Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted August 16, 2014
The pits! They really need to fix the place up. Cafeteria is miserable to be in for even 5 min. Cooler outside, even with the old ceiling fans running full speed. You can smell the oldness in the building. No place for parents to come and enjoy lunch with child if it's raining out. I have to laugh that someone below said the principal was a forward thinker. Their school website isn't even updated! School starts in two days and some of the info is from last year! Ha

Posted February 26, 2014
Way to go Cypress Ridge! Our 3rd and 4th grade students just took 1st and 2nd place respectively at the Lake County STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Bowl. Our school-wide focus on the integration of STEM is really paying off with noticable gains in problem solving, cooperative teamwork, and critical thinking. It is a privilege to be able to work with such outstanding students. Thank you to our new principal for supporting this effort.

Cypress Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted February 10, 2014
Thanks to the 'common core' and a new principal, this school isn't the 'best' anymore. I fear for the kids when the principal does not understand basic child development in that children NEED recess. Free play is integral to the proper development of children. PE does not equal free play. In addition, thanks to the common core, teachers have no time to actually instill a love of learning in students. I had to laugh at the other parent below who calls this place militant. I call it the 'internment camp' and actually feel sorry for my poor child because they get no enjoyment from school. It's all about the standardized tests. Sad!

Cypress Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted December 16, 2013
CRES is a wonderful magnet STEM school full of very dedicated and very experienced teachers. I am pleased to say that the new principal is making very positive forward- thinking decisions especially concerning technology. I defiinitely saw the bar raised at this years STEM night. I would like to see better internal communication not only between grade levels for the SAIL program, but also between school and after school activities to reduce schedule conflicts. Better coordination between teachers and the after school care is an important issue that I would like to see addressed in the upcoming months. Parent involvement continues to be a key factor in helping the students succeed in this A rated school.

Posted December 13, 2013
Cypress Ridge Elementary is raising the bar when it comes to education. The new principal is by far a FUTURE FOWARD THINKER. I am proud to have my son attend such an amazing school with the HIGHEST OF STANDARDS and QUALITY education. The teachers and staff are EXCEPTIONAL and dedicated to providing great leadership and valuable education to all students. Thank you CRES for embracing change and making CRES A TRUE MAGNET school with a focus on Science, Math and Technology.

Posted August 14, 2013
Cypress Ridge Elementary was the best experience for my children. My family had a child in the school for a total of 9 consecutive years While the building is very old, the smaller student body and the excellent teachers make more than up for that. Perhaps the state of Florida will fund education more than the lottery. The school teachers and supporting staff bring out the best in each student. Being a magnet math and science school, the computer and science skills my children learned put them two years ahead of other schools. I'm not familiar with any elementary schools students doing 3 dissections, power point presentations. What's best is the children also learned about community service programs. Through food drives and quilts to books they helped others becoming better citizens of the future. Our family was so blessed by what the school had it will always bring us fond memories when we drive by or rememeber when.

Posted October 03, 2012
I had the same experience as the previous person i believe my children attended to the same Christian School and i have nothing but the worst experience there. Last year they move to Cypress Ridge what a blessing after many conferences with the Principal, teachers and psychologist we were able to determine that my daughter has ADHD, it was a rough year but the support I had from the teachers was and still amazing Thank you Cypress Ridge there is not enough words to express how grateful we are. Best School

Posted December 03, 2011
What a blessing to be in Cypress Ridge, my kids came from a private Christian school in the area the worst experience ever, but this year they were accepted to Cypress Ridge, I have nothing but good comments. The principal, and the teachers are well prepared and qualified they are a total blessing in all the ways, they are always involve in each kid's education, the communication betwen teachers and parents is great I never missed anything, my children love it. The after school care is perfect they have assisted homework it help me a lot after a long day from work , the library and their programs to incentive the children to read is awesome. All I can say is Cypress Ridge is really winning the lottery. Thank you Cypress Ridge

Posted August 21, 2011
Cypress Ridge. This is the best dedicated school with loving, caring staff. My 2 boys have be going to this school since kindergarden. My oldest is entering 5th grade. I cannot say enough about the leadership the anti bullying policy. This school is awesome. My youngest son has a speach issue. Mrs. Carson is the best oh totally makes my kids feel special. Great ideas for helping them get over there hurddles. KUDOS my hat off to you.. I totally recommend this school. Iam glad they changed the principle this year. the last seamed to be not very envolved with the familys. Welcome Mrs Cantwell..

Cypress Ridge Elementary School
350 East Avenue, Clermont, FL  34711
Last modified Cypress Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cypress Ridge Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 77 reviews. Top