Clermont, FL
Students enrolled: 1,001

Posted May 23, 2015
The best school of Lake County. I really like it. The staff and the ESE program have been a blessing for my daughter. They care for the students and help them achieve their goals.

Lost Lake Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 23, 2015

Posted December 02, 2014
I have 2 children at Lost Lake Elementary School , and so far the teachers, the Principal, and the rest of the staff have all been outstanding. There is a wonderful balance of academics and developing social skills, teachers have high expectations of their students, they are firm, but caring, demand a lot a, but not more than the kids are capable of. Wonderful, exceptional school, I couldn't be happier. Thank you!

Posted May 28, 2014
We are very pleased with this school. Our son attended Kindergarten here and he has learned so much. His teacher was great, the staff was great and overall we are very happy with our decision to put our son in this school.

Posted April 23, 2014
My second grader and I are just wrapping up our second year at Lost Lake... It truly is a great school with an exceptional team! From administration, instructors even the lunch team! They are a well oiled machine! Liz & Angel

Posted January 21, 2014
A+ school all the way!!!! A winning combination of great teachers, a spirited principal, and a strong PTO !!!!!! A school is only half of your children's learning tools, a parent needs to be just as active in the learning process. If your child does not excel at this school, they will not excel anywhere. The school provides all of the tools needed to be an excellent student. The class sizes are determined by the government not the school. In regards to the lunch you may eat with your child any day that FCAT testing is not going on. The school actually promotes active parents !!!!!! The PTO is a bunch of hard working people wanting the best out of this school. The PTO puts on big festivals and several fundraisers throughout the year, these activities take hundreds of hours to pull off . What people don't see are the hours these people volunteer. I'm sure the PTO would love to have more volunteers to help out. I'm a mother with two children attending the school, both are A students. I would highly recommend this school!!!!!!! I actually can not think of one negative thing to say about this school .If you have the desire to learn, then this is the school for you.

Posted November 13, 2013
My daughter has attended lost lake for 3 years now. While we loved mrs Boyd, mrs hunt has been great as well. To the parent who said the staff discourages eating lunch with your child, that's a lie. I eat lunch with our daughter on a regular basis, sometimes 3 times a week and no one Iin the front office or else where has ever said anything but have a great day and enjoy lunch. To the parent who says their child is in a class that is overcrowded, the parent failed to state that the class has 2 teachers, so it's not off in the rario of student to teacher. My daughter had both of those teachers last year, and they are an awesome team. You obviously didn't get the memo that your child could be moved, it was sent home first week of school. This school does appreciate the parents opinion and is very very good when it comes to special needs students. My daughter was asked to be moved into a different class her first year, we were sent a letter, I simply spoke to the principal and ask that she stay in the class she was in since she had been there for a few months, and she understood and they asked other parents. By far lost lake is one of the better schools in the area.

Lost Lake Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
This is my son's second year at Lost Lake. I absolutely love this school. The principal is so caring and so are the teachers. The front desk staff are always welcoming and it is a pleasure to come and have lunch with him. The only draw back is that my son will not learn cursive writing at this school, which I feel is essential for learning. Other than that, I love this school!

Lost Lake Elementary School 1

Posted September 25, 2013
If you have a choice to attend another area school, take it. This school is overcrowded, has terrible administration and lacks a sense of community. Even if you attempt to have lunch with your child the staff will discourage it. All around not a good school if you are an involved parent.

Lost Lake Elementary School 1

Posted September 12, 2013
I would not recommend this school to anyone who has children with special needs as they will become third class citizens here. Our 6 year old child was moved into a larger class without previous notice or consent from us into a class of 26 and told it could reach up to 36 students; which we feel is too much for first graders. When we arrived without notice to the class we walked into a room of chaos. When we discussed that it was unacceptable to move a child without notice we were given the option to leave the school. I would literally run as fast as I could from this school. Luckily we only have to finish the this school year out. If you are looking for a good school that values parent opinions as well as children with special needs this is not it.

Lost Lake Elementary School
1901 Johns Lake Road, Clermont, FL  34711
Last modified Lost Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lost Lake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top