Pine Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted July 29, 2014
This is a wonderful school! My son will be going into the 2nd grade and we have had the best teachers!

Pine Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted June 11, 2014
I had a good Kindergarden year with my child. I hope i don't run into any issues as the others have. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Posted June 11, 2014
After moving from another state, my child was bullied and yelled at as well. The teacher even admitted to the fact she yelled at my child, a first grade student. The bullying was not adressed at all and the school should take it very seriously. It seems the school does not have its priorities in order. Students are #1 as they earn their education.

Pine Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted May 11, 2014
This school has taken a very bad turn recently. Teachers that scream or bully kids are not confronted. You can talk to the administration until your blue in the face but no action is taken. Parents are pacified, teachers are pacified and the only ones that suffer are the poor kids stuck there all day. There are some good teacher though, mostly at the younger grade levels. But it's hit or miss and when you miss, a school year is a long time.

Posted December 04, 2013
Very disappointing - I was hoping the other reviews weren't accurate, but they are. The office lacks organization upon enrollment of new students. The principal is very rude and unprofessional. There is a lot to learn as a parent coming into a new school, unless you are told at enrollment. Yet your treated rudely by their leader for not knowing. Not a very welcoming experience. I would not recommend this school.

Posted November 13, 2013
Not sure how this school is an A+ school. We moved here from another state. The curriculum was at least 6-9 months behind the school we left. My kids were not challenged, the teachers yelled constantly at the kids. My youngest was bullied - verbally then physically assaulted. Nothing was done. We also have food allergies. They have no rules on food, handing out treats whenever they feel fit to anyone who will take it with no way of knowing, caring or keeping track of the kids who might be allergic. When we first enrolled, we mentioned on every form and several times verbally my kids would be car riders. Vague instructions were given on how this process works, but no sign (which apparently I needed). After a week of picking up my kids, I got 'pulled over' by someone who asked where my sign was and informed me I needed one and to get one right away. Not where or how to do, just get one. I was then yelled at by 3 other staff members for the same thing. Not one offered to get one for me or apologized it wasn't given to me upon enrollment. A few days later I learned the first woman was in fact the principal. What a missed opportunity to welcome a new family to your school.

Pine Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted June 08, 2013
My child went to Pine Ridge from K-3rd grade and the 1st year was fantastic. Loved the teacher and the communication between teacher and parent. After that, it was downhill. The last straw was having my all A and some B student, in a half special education class. There my child was picked on and bullied by other students. When she finally had enough and said something to the teacher, my child was put on yellow for the day and told to go sit down. Since the class was split the teacher had to teach half her class then teach the other half, my daughter didn't ever have the ability to go and ask questions. Her grades suffered and for the 1st time she made a C. I am glad we will no longer be dealing with the bullies or the teacher who doesn't seem to care about the students that do well and follow the rules. I am sure that it is not fair to either group of children in the class to have their time split in half.

Posted May 29, 2013
The teacher's are not monitored closely enough. One of my children was spending most days in the "quite room" because the teacher was angry with a student that would literally throw temper tantrums and was allowed to disrupt the classroom, other students took the brunt of her frustration. I wasn't told my child was missing so much of the limited classroom instruction time until fourth quarter. This year one of my children's teachers took away my child's class tshirt (each of the students were give one by the school), she actually kept and never returned it. After discussing this with the principal it still wasn't handled appropriately. A boy on the bus was picking on my daughter and the vice principal handled it so poorly it was difficult to get her to go to school, my child now does not trust teachers or administration. We've had problems with one teacher in particular this year, with mentoring she could improve and be a great teacher but she needs must assistance. We try never to complain about anything and are thrilled this will be our last year at Pine Ridge!

Posted March 09, 2013
This school was great when my child was in K but first grade has not been the best and the school claims that they had problems with my child last year but if they did I didn't get anything on it and my child went from starting the school year out on a 2 grade math level and they did another evaluation and had now dropped to below average!! Looking into a new school

Pine Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted October 12, 2012
My child is currently in first grade at Pine Ridge Elementary and so far we are very pleased with the school. The teachers have been great and I feel the Principal and Assstant Principal are doing an amazing job and really care for each student.

Pine Ridge Elementary School
10245 County Road 561, Clermont, FL  34711
Last modified Pine Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pine Ridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top