1,025 students|Lake
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

A great place to work and learn! So blessed to be part of excellence in education. Go Warriors!
November 20, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (21 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (19 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (20 responses)

Too many fund raising activities and the administration no longer allows teachers to go outside the box and teach from their hearts. That was the best part of sending your children to that school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school places a strong emphasis on good character. Students are recognized for being honest, fair, trustworthy, and good leaders.

I'm very pleased by all of the positive progress the school has made. This is my daughter's fourth year here and she is flourishing. This year she had involvement in the school's STEM program, advanced reading challenge, girls on the run, and now Robotics! Kudos to the school giving their advanced students options to further challenge them.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at Imagine teach to the individual student instead of just the class as a whole. This has made a big difference in my daughter's academic advancement as she is not held back by students who may be struggling and those students are able to get the extra help they may need.

Amount of homework: Agree

Since kindergarten, the amount of homework has increased in proportion to the amount of independent work my daughter is capable of completing. Her teachers have always made themselves available for homework help or my concerns.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I can only comment about this particular teacher. In a few months, she has managed to damage my child's self-esteem. Therefore she was not effective as far as I am concerned regardless of how many awards she has received.

Amount of homework: no rating

When I commented that my child was not getting any homework at a Staffing meeting, I was told by the staff member there that "..the school does not believe in homework." I do not believe that statement at all! By the way my daughter received a few bad grades without any supporting documentations.

Develops character: Neutral

This teacher was allowed to get away with treating her unfairly. My child said that it was obvious that she preferred certain children. If she felt that way, then the teacher in question was not developing those character traits in her classroom.

It might be a good school to those of lighter hues. I had issues with the teacher unfairly treating my child and others of the same complexion, but she never had time to meet with me. I did not want her self-esteem to be further damaged by that particular teacher so I pulled her out. Now I am working on teaching her that not all caucasians feel or act like that teacher did! She is now thriving at her new school!

First year at Imagine after one year at public school, and I am beyond impressed. My son has teachers Mrs. Keough and Ms. Ulrich. They have gone above and beyond what is required or even expected, and have blown me away with their professionalism and passion. School culture welcomes and encourages parent involvement, and this is such a breath of fresh air after previous environment. Helpful and courteous staff, from the front office, to the lunchroom and all the way to carline.

Last modified Imagine Schools At South Lake is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.