Posted March 08, 2015
My children are thriving academically and socially at Imagine South Lake. The teachers truly care about my kid's progress and character development. Thank you, Imagine South Lake, for daring to be different. Way to go!
9 people found this helpful

Posted February 12, 2015
My Story: I was a student at Imagine South Lake from the grades K-6. I am now an Eight grader at a private school in Central,Fl. My experience in Imagine was dreadful. I was bullied by students. The teachers and staff did barley anything to control the students, they just didn't take my situation seriously and the bullying keep going on. Soon enough at the end of my 6th grade year my parents moved me a private school. Now, I'm much more happy.

Posted January 30, 2015
This is our 3rd year at ISL and I am very pleased with the changes this year. The principal is wonderful. My children love this school and so do I. We came to Imagine from a public school and we won't be switching back. At our previous school my son was lost in the shuffle. I had to ask permission to visit the classroom and having lunch with my child was out of the question. Imagine is a breath of fresh air. I am always welcome on campus, my children's teachers truly care about their progress, and we enjoy the family events. Tonight we are headed to the school's bonfire! Please tell me what public school offers that?
6 people found this helpful

Posted January 30, 2015
I am a current parent at Imagine South Lake and I LOVE this school! I invite anyone with any questions or concerns to visit our wonderful campus! I am certainly glad that the naysayers have chosen to move to other schools because this is our best year yet! There is a STEM Team, a new field, and a new picnic area where I frequently have lunch with my son. The very last word that I would use to describe this campus is "rundown"! The ladies in the office are always welcoming and helpful. I have never seen them be rude even when the office is full of visitors and they are clearly busy. The new principal is fantastic! She took an already great school and put it on the path to excellency!
5 people found this helpful

Posted January 26, 2015
We removed our kids from this school after having them there for 2 years. It has gotten worse over the years. We thought that it would be a "change" but it is still the same. The staff is rude and not welcoming. Some teachers are excellent while others need more improvement. We were very sad to leave all friends behind, but it is for the better with our children.
3 people found this helpful

Imagine Schools At South Lake 3

Posted January 11, 2015
We removed our children from Imagine South Lake and could not be happier. Although there are a few wonderful, educated, intelligent teachers, the experience became more negative than positive. When we registered our children there several years ago, the school was a different place than what it became during the 2013-2014 school year (I cannot speak for it's rating now). As parents, we began to noticed extreme hypocrisy from administration. We began to see unequal treatment among students...i.e., the bullying rules were not equally enforced throughout the student body, special treatment and recognition were given to certain students who didn't necessarily earn said recognition. . Although we personally never had a true bullying experience, we saw many discrepancies in policies and procedures. This school does not follow the Lake County Schools "manual". It's almost as if rules are made up as they go. Many times the property seemed neglected and guests to the school would comment on how shocking it was for a relatively new school to be so run down. What started out as a great experience soon became a negative one once the original principal was replaced.
8 people found this helpful

Posted September 29, 2014
3 Boys at this school. I love it more than the public. We are in Florida. Unless you pay for a good private school here in Florida no school is perfect. I believe that the school is trying to turn a lot of things around. Our experience is good and I do not want to go back to Public. I know many public schools teachers that do not want to go back to teach at public bcz they know how corrupted the system is here.
4 people found this helpful

Posted September 29, 2014
Great school, new leadership is fantastic and the sense of community is back! Things have improved rapidly!
4 people found this helpful

Posted September 08, 2014
Those that question "where the money goes" need to take a good look at the schools financials, which are available to the public. That will answer all your questions and explain the constant fundraising that goes on. There's been a lot of media coverage of Imagine Schools over the last several years in Tampa area and across the country. Read it! After two years at this school and researching, we left the school and are SO happy we did. Once we had a public school to compare to, we had no idea what we were missing. I urge anyone that is considering this school to do your research first - read the financials. It will explain why the school is so lacking in so many areas. I would never recommend to anyone.

Posted September 04, 2014
I truly believe in ISL! I have been actively involved in many activities and volunteering and have had the pleasure to interact with countless staff members. My child is in her 5th year with them and we are truly blessed by it. Every school encounters bullying. That's ridiculous to blame administration for a global problem that unfortunately will never go away. Teach your children confidence and how to ignore them. You can't show me a single school in the world let alone Clermont that doesn't have this issue. Also, I have never seen or heard of there being a rodent problem. Rumors are very tasteless. Lastly, I would like to point out that the office staff has made me feel at home on countless occasions. Ms. Nicole always has a smile and even knows my daughter by name. Everyone brings something different to the table, maybe next time we can all be professional and not degrade anyone for being imperfect. We are IMAGINE!

Imagine Schools At South Lake
2750 Hartwood Marsh Road, Clermont, FL  34711
Last modified Imagine Schools At South Lake is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine Schools At South Lake Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 107 reviews. Top