Public charter
Clermont, FL
Students enrolled: 1,012
Before care: Yes

Posted September 29, 2014
3 Boys at this school. I love it more than the public. We are in Florida. Unless you pay for a good private school here in Florida no school is perfect. I believe that the school is trying to turn a lot of things around. Our experience is good and I do not want to go back to Public. I know many public schools teachers that do not want to go back to teach at public bcz they know how corrupted the system is here.

Posted September 29, 2014
Great school, new leadership is fantastic and the sense of community is back! Things have improved rapidly!

Posted September 08, 2014
Those that question "where the money goes" need to take a good look at the schools financials, which are available to the public. That will answer all your questions and explain the constant fundraising that goes on. There's been a lot of media coverage of Imagine Schools over the last several years in Tampa area and across the country. Read it! After two years at this school and researching, we left the school and are SO happy we did. Once we had a public school to compare to, we had no idea what we were missing. I urge anyone that is considering this school to do your research first - read the financials. It will explain why the school is so lacking in so many areas. I would never recommend to anyone.

Posted September 07, 2014
My children have been in this school since kindergarten. I think the focus on academics has improved greatly over the last 3 years. This school has teachers who know their stuff and they communicate with me about where my children are in their learning, and where they should be. That is very important to me!

Posted September 04, 2014
I truly believe in ISL! I have been actively involved in many activities and volunteering and have had the pleasure to interact with countless staff members. My child is in her 5th year with them and we are truly blessed by it. Every school encounters bullying. That's ridiculous to blame administration for a global problem that unfortunately will never go away. Teach your children confidence and how to ignore them. You can't show me a single school in the world let alone Clermont that doesn't have this issue. Also, I have never seen or heard of there being a rodent problem. Rumors are very tasteless. Lastly, I would like to point out that the office staff has made me feel at home on countless occasions. Ms. Nicole always has a smile and even knows my daughter by name. Everyone brings something different to the table, maybe next time we can all be professional and not degrade anyone for being imperfect. We are IMAGINE!

Posted September 03, 2014
I am torn. Some people love it and a lot of people say it's a dump. All I can say is that we did not love it or our experience. I had high hopes because of the charter affiliation, but soon realized it was just another annoying fundraising school. Where does all the money go? Not back into the school for new computers or extra activities. The poor leadership and lack of focus on the kids really does make this a C school. To each her own though.

Posted September 01, 2014
Never again! This in my opinion is probably one of the worst schools in Lake County, the restrooms are disgusting, the dead rodents are out of control I wouldn't recommend this school to ANYONE it's pathetic we left and our children are happier and thriving lol@ the person who claimed it's only 2 parents be honest so people don't waste their time!

Imagine Schools At South Lake 2

Posted September 01, 2014
We have been at this school for several years. It's not perfect but no school is. Most of the teachers are nice and really do love the kids I think When my son ran from his classroom one morning they immediately caught him and calmed him down and called me to let me know what was goin on. It is a little unorganized in a couple ways but you take the bad with some good. The only problem I would personally have is that there are a couple of families who live outside of Lake County. I don't like my tax money funding this. Yes, there is a strange smell there sometimes. The board has addressed it. There are some problems with there septic systems and maybe some dead rodents, but this is Florida and they're is a lot of construction in that Hartwood area. If you like the school then stay. If you don't like it then you can go.

Posted September 01, 2014
My grandchildren have been at this school for 5 years. I volunteer frequently as my son and his wife work full time. I have never seen a rodent on the campus dead or alive. The ladies in the office have never been anything but kind to me and to my grandchildren. In fact, they know them by name! I had the opportunity to meet the new principal and I think she is delightful. I think it is a shame that the school received a C but I don't put much stock into that since it is based on a ridiculous standardized test and neither of my grandchildren test well. It is unfortunate that so many people have chosen to use this page to air their grievances rather than sit down with the administration and try to find solutions to these "problems". I would certainly recommend this school.

Posted August 31, 2014
I don't believe anything I read unless it's been proven. I had my oldest son in kindergarten at Imagine South Lake Charter. I gave them the benefit of the doubt all year. Even though I had heard negative feedback from other parents, I wanted to see for myself. I was not totally impressed. He had an okay teacher. But, the school was not cared for like other schools are. It's dingy and dark. The cafeteria which also serves as a gym is gross. There is no library. Well, I think it was on wheels like prison libraries. The PTO consists of a bunch of want to be bigshots. I attended one meeting and had enough of that silliness. The principal was noncaring and dismissive of legitimate parental concerns. The buses are always breaking down so that parents have to scramble to find transportation for their kids at the last minute. But the final straw was that C score. The proof is in the pudding. To the person who thinks two people are writing this, I would say how? You would have to have 100 email addresses as this site does not allow multiple posts from one email. A lot of parents left the school. My son loves Lost Lake. He is a different child.

Imagine Schools At South Lake
2750 Hartwood Marsh Road, Clermont, FL  34711
Last modified Imagine Schools At South Lake is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine Schools At South Lake Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 102 reviews. Top