Posted January 26, 2015
We removed our kids from this school after having them there for 2 years. It has gotten worse over the years. We thought that it would be a "change" but it is still the same. The staff is rude and not welcoming. Some teachers are excellent while others need more improvement. We were very sad to leave all friends behind, but it is for the better with our children.

Imagine Schools At South Lake 3

Posted January 11, 2015
We removed our children from Imagine South Lake and could not be happier. Although there are a few wonderful, educated, intelligent teachers, the experience became more negative than positive. When we registered our children there several years ago, the school was a different place than what it became during the 2013-2014 school year (I cannot speak for it's rating now). As parents, we began to noticed extreme hypocrisy from administration. We began to see unequal treatment among students...i.e., the bullying rules were not equally enforced throughout the student body, special treatment and recognition were given to certain students who didn't necessarily earn said recognition. . Although we personally never had a true bullying experience, we saw many discrepancies in policies and procedures. This school does not follow the Lake County Schools "manual". It's almost as if rules are made up as they go. Many times the property seemed neglected and guests to the school would comment on how shocking it was for a relatively new school to be so run down. What started out as a great experience soon became a negative one once the original principal was replaced.
5 people found this helpful

Posted January 09, 2015
This school loved kids! The teachers and school leaders (there are 3 of them) love their students and families. Academics are getting better and my kids thrive at this school. They have family nights to let the parents know about all the changes with common core and they don't make it so scary.

Posted September 29, 2014
3 Boys at this school. I love it more than the public. We are in Florida. Unless you pay for a good private school here in Florida no school is perfect. I believe that the school is trying to turn a lot of things around. Our experience is good and I do not want to go back to Public. I know many public schools teachers that do not want to go back to teach at public bcz they know how corrupted the system is here.

Posted September 29, 2014
Great school, new leadership is fantastic and the sense of community is back! Things have improved rapidly!

Posted September 08, 2014
Those that question "where the money goes" need to take a good look at the schools financials, which are available to the public. That will answer all your questions and explain the constant fundraising that goes on. There's been a lot of media coverage of Imagine Schools over the last several years in Tampa area and across the country. Read it! After two years at this school and researching, we left the school and are SO happy we did. Once we had a public school to compare to, we had no idea what we were missing. I urge anyone that is considering this school to do your research first - read the financials. It will explain why the school is so lacking in so many areas. I would never recommend to anyone.

Posted September 04, 2014
I truly believe in ISL! I have been actively involved in many activities and volunteering and have had the pleasure to interact with countless staff members. My child is in her 5th year with them and we are truly blessed by it. Every school encounters bullying. That's ridiculous to blame administration for a global problem that unfortunately will never go away. Teach your children confidence and how to ignore them. You can't show me a single school in the world let alone Clermont that doesn't have this issue. Also, I have never seen or heard of there being a rodent problem. Rumors are very tasteless. Lastly, I would like to point out that the office staff has made me feel at home on countless occasions. Ms. Nicole always has a smile and even knows my daughter by name. Everyone brings something different to the table, maybe next time we can all be professional and not degrade anyone for being imperfect. We are IMAGINE!

Posted September 03, 2014
I am torn. Some people love it and a lot of people say it's a dump. All I can say is that we did not love it or our experience. I had high hopes because of the charter affiliation, but soon realized it was just another annoying fundraising school. Where does all the money go? Not back into the school for new computers or extra activities. The poor leadership and lack of focus on the kids really does make this a C school. To each her own though.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 01, 2014
Never again! This in my opinion is probably one of the worst schools in Lake County, the restrooms are disgusting, the dead rodents are out of control I wouldn't recommend this school to ANYONE it's pathetic we left and our children are happier and thriving lol@ the person who claimed it's only 2 parents be honest so people don't waste their time!

Imagine Schools At South Lake 2

Posted September 01, 2014
We have been at this school for several years. It's not perfect but no school is. Most of the teachers are nice and really do love the kids I think When my son ran from his classroom one morning they immediately caught him and calmed him down and called me to let me know what was goin on. It is a little unorganized in a couple ways but you take the bad with some good. The only problem I would personally have is that there are a couple of families who live outside of Lake County. I don't like my tax money funding this. Yes, there is a strange smell there sometimes. The board has addressed it. There are some problems with there septic systems and maybe some dead rodents, but this is Florida and they're is a lot of construction in that Hartwood area. If you like the school then stay. If you don't like it then you can go.

Imagine Schools At South Lake
2750 Hartwood Marsh Road, Clermont, FL  34711
Last modified Imagine Schools At South Lake is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine Schools At South Lake Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 104 reviews. Top