1,260 students|Lake

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

WORST SCHOOL IN LAKE COUNTY!!! ZERO COMMUNICATION BETWEEN STAFF AND PARENT AND GOD FORBID YOU HAVE A SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD!! THEY DONT CARE,THEY DONT HELP. MY SON HAD 4 TEACHERS IN 3 DAYS AND NOT ONE TIME DID I GET NOTIFICATION.SPECIAL NEEDS PARENTS, IF YOU DONT HAVE THAT MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS, TAKE YOUR KIDS ELSEWHERE, THIS SCHOOL PASSES HIM AROUND LIKE A HOCKEY PUCK. NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND RIGHT!!!!!?

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

One teacher grabbed my son. 3 others could not handle him either. He should be in ESE and gets homework he dosnt understand. No communication with current teacher

The teachers and staff do a great job educating the children that attend the school.

BEST SCHOOL! love this school, they really work for each child to learn... went to another local charter and was shocked...then came here... cant say it loud enough..this is a great school

Worst school i have ever had to deal with in my life nothing but problems nurse is constantly sending my daughter home for headlice atleast once a week frustrating They try and get in everybodys personal life school had me involved with state because my daughter had a bruise from falling off a bike rediculous Incomplete work sheets yet graded are constantly sent home with my daughter which for me makes no sence how are our childeren learning if they dont complete assignments? God forbid if a book from the library doesnt show up on time they want to charge late fees I can go on and on how much this school needs aprovement but ill just stop here Would NOT recomend for your childeren rediculous school

My daughter is in 4th grade and she love her school. I have no complaints about the principal and the teachers. My daughter's teachers are really nice. If it's about the staff, I'll give them 5 stars. I rate the school 3 stars because of numerous bad experience picking up my daughter. She is a car rider cuz they don't provide bus service for students who live less than 2 miles from the school. That I understand. Unfortunately, Sawgrass bay is surrounded by subdivisions like ours. It takes over an hour to pick up the kids. If u get there 15 mins before they release the kids, good luck on getting in line. I always go there 20 mins before pick up & I still end up waiting on Superior Blvd. The line is already long. It seriously stretched almost to the edge of US 27. I don't blame the other parents to park in front of the houses by the school. They can't get to the lane. I feel bad for the residents too cuz the road is blocked. There were numerous times that I saw parents yelling & flipping each other cuz there are some people that will cut in front of u & they don't want to wait in line. I just wish that the school can provide bus service to neighborhood like ours to prevent this mess.

Our son went to Sawgrass from 2nd thru 5th and each year we loved the school, teachers and administration. We did have some issues with his 5th grade teacher but administration (Mr. Simon) was more than supportive in finding a solution that worked for all. Our daughter just finished kindergarten with Mrs. Motyl, she was beyond amazing! We are very saddened to hear Dr. Valle, the principle will no longer be at Sawgrass for 2014-2015 year. We felt this schools happy atmosphere was made that way due in big part of his wonderful leadership. He will definitely be missed! Lake County lost another wonderful administrator!

My kid has been attending Sawgrass Bay Elementary for two years now, and I have no complains at all. His second and third grade teachers- Mr. Taylor and Mrs. Hunt- are the Best!!! They are responsible, dedicated, loving, caring teachers and very reachable too. I've never had any problems when I go to the front office. The secretaries are polite and respectful. The principal is very good too! I've always said, if you treat others with love and respect, you'll get it back 100%!!!

(Continued) Although there is a zero tolerance for bullying policy it is prevalent and an issue. I have witnessed teachers gossiping about students, parents, and other teachers. I have witnessed teachers and other school staff being rude to students and have heard plenty about students being targeted, bullied, and harassed by school staff including teachers. This school has the potential to be GREAT with the right leadership, and getting rid off the teachers who don't want to be there.

the school is a good it just needs more activities for the kids like four corners, and yes people in the office are very very rude. my little girls is in 3rd grade she'sbeen in this school for 3 years.

Last modified Sawgrass Bay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.