Posted August 19, 2014
My daughter is in 4th grade and she love her school. I have no complaints about the principal and the teachers. My daughter's teachers are really nice. If it's about the staff, I'll give them 5 stars. I rate the school 3 stars because of numerous bad experience picking up my daughter. She is a car rider cuz they don't provide bus service for students who live less than 2 miles from the school. That I understand. Unfortunately, Sawgrass bay is surrounded by subdivisions like ours. It takes over an hour to pick up the kids. If u get there 15 mins before they release the kids, good luck on getting in line. I always go there 20 mins before pick up & I still end up waiting on Superior Blvd. The line is already long. It seriously stretched almost to the edge of US 27. I don't blame the other parents to park in front of the houses by the school. They can't get to the lane. I feel bad for the residents too cuz the road is blocked. There were numerous times that I saw parents yelling & flipping each other cuz there are some people that will cut in front of u & they don't want to wait in line. I just wish that the school can provide bus service to neighborhood like ours to prevent this mess.

Sawgrass Bay Elementary School 4

Posted July 04, 2014
Our son went to Sawgrass from 2nd thru 5th and each year we loved the school, teachers and administration. We did have some issues with his 5th grade teacher but administration (Mr. Simon) was more than supportive in finding a solution that worked for all. Our daughter just finished kindergarten with Mrs. Motyl, she was beyond amazing! We are very saddened to hear Dr. Valle, the principle will no longer be at Sawgrass for 2014-2015 year. We felt this schools happy atmosphere was made that way due in big part of his wonderful leadership. He will definitely be missed! Lake County lost another wonderful administrator!

Posted April 17, 2014
My kid has been attending Sawgrass Bay Elementary for two years now, and I have no complains at all. His second and third grade teachers- Mr. Taylor and Mrs. Hunt- are the Best!!! They are responsible, dedicated, loving, caring teachers and very reachable too. I've never had any problems when I go to the front office. The secretaries are polite and respectful. The principal is very good too! I've always said, if you treat others with love and respect, you'll get it back 100%!!!

Posted December 15, 2012
(Continued) Although there is a zero tolerance for bullying policy it is prevalent and an issue. I have witnessed teachers gossiping about students, parents, and other teachers. I have witnessed teachers and other school staff being rude to students and have heard plenty about students being targeted, bullied, and harassed by school staff including teachers. This school has the potential to be GREAT with the right leadership, and getting rid off the teachers who don't want to be there.

Posted August 31, 2011
the school is a good it just needs more activities for the kids like four corners, and yes people in the office are very very rude. my little girls is in 3rd grade she'sbeen in this school for 3 years.

Posted August 03, 2011
I have paid top dollar to send my kids to an elite private school in downtown Orlando. To be perfectly honest, I wasted so much money! My children have learned equally the same lessons while learning to bond with other kids of all different social levels (which is vitally important in life). The teachers have always been approachable, call me or email me with any issues, I feel part of a unique family. You get what you GIVE to your school. If you come willing to help, friendly, and approachable...you will receive in that same manner.

Posted August 02, 2011
We just moved here from Seminole County and I must say I'm not very impressed with Sawgrass Bay. They are not very people friendly here. The school itself was hugh and beautiful but, the office staff was mediocre and overwhelmed. Registration was a major pain. We had to make several trips just to get them the right paperwork. They had my wife in tears. Secondly, what's up with all these silly rules? Mandatory school uniforms? Come on this is public school; it should be entirely optional. They also don't allow any wheeled backpacks even though pediatrician recommended to prevent back strain. This school is run by a bunch of old prudes; who are more caught up in the rules than the enjoyment of teaching our kids.

Posted July 24, 2011
I was a teacher at SBE for the last few years and have recently decided to move on. Parents , beware! If you notice recently there are lots of good teachers and support personnel leaving the school. The administration has resorted to pitting teachers against each other, promoting rumor mongering and not supporting highly qualified teachers in their efforts to discipline students.It has become a good ole boy system where its not what you know, but whose business you are in and the first one to run to an administrator and spread untrue rumors. I implore the administration to check the facts before drawing conclusions on staff rumors.

Posted July 21, 2011
This is the second year my children are going to attend SBE. I love Ms. Miller 4th grade teacher, she gave my son the academic support needed to succeed. Ms. Lees was also an outstanding teacher. The staff is very friendly and professional. The principal is great.Excellent school...A++++!!!! I sawgrass Bay Elementary!!!

Posted June 25, 2011
My child attended SBE last year and I have never in my life been involved in such a complicated school. So many papers go home, so much unessary activities the teachers must be incredibly overwealmed. I agree, the office staff needs to be more approachable. The instructional staff turnover there scares me a bit. I talked to a few of the teachers and they are just overworked and recieve little support from the Administration, they expect 200% of their time. My child was in the bilingual program and it appears incredibly disorganized and not supportable. Although the staff puts in their best the school needs to get back the basics.

Sawgrass Bay Elementary School
16325 Superior Boulevard, Clermont, FL  34714
Last modified Sawgrass Bay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sawgrass Bay Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top