Cocoa, FL
Students enrolled: 1,457

Cocoa High School 5

Posted April 21, 2015
I have heard many negative things about this school, but my daughter has done so well since enrolling in September. She has ADD and struggled at her school in Maryland. She is on honor roll here and has been asked to take advanced classes next year. Her guidance counselor always listens to her if she has concerns and any questions I ever had are answered quickly.

Posted April 11, 2015
I love the campus, the fact that middle and high school has different buildings, the staff seems caring and I love how Dean Halbeur handles bullying. Go Tigers!

Posted January 21, 2014
This school is filthy and constantly has headlice outbreaks. Its policy on students of age making adult videos outside of school should be revised.

Posted January 10, 2014
this is by far the worst school in brevard we have moved to melbourne and love it here . my kid goes to melbourne high school and loves it!

Posted December 14, 2013
cocoa high is one of the worst in the county, my kid will transfer, reminds me of a small sub of detroit.

Posted August 03, 2013
Cocoa High School, my older son went to CHS and had great teachers, wonderful staff. I know that they might have a bad rep because of rumors. But CH has some of the best teachers in Florida. My younger son will now enter the 9th grade and I have now worries. The only thing I could say about CH is that the staff should so the same respect for all sports not just he ones that win all the time. If they gave the same support for say like soccer as they do foot ball maybe it would boost the kids moral.

Cocoa High School 2

Posted July 23, 2013
Teachers are inconsistent with keeping posted grades up to date, are disorganized with and sometimes cryptic with posting assignments and instructions. Often they take awhile to respond to parents requests. Guidance at school is mediocre Mrs. Bobay, the school guidance Counselor and others do work hard to do what's best for students, but I've had trouble with getting the staff to see things through to improve my child's performance or see their plans through to completion. I constantly struggled with my child son who always complained about not liking the school. I ve applied for a n out of area transfer as advised by other parents in my neighborhood. CHS has the potential to be a great school being directly behind a college. Sr. Staff is quick to suspend students for relatively minor infractions, where detentions would have been warranted in any other school. Once a student is suspended (In School) they are supposed to be afforded the opportunity to complete all class work for that day in ISS, but teachers do not submit class work for student to work on, and often will count the student absent instead. Every class drops almost a full letter grade for this type of disconnect.

Posted February 25, 2013
My daughter went there last year and is now homeschooled. She was intimidated by the other students, lunch was stolen every day. Administration does not return calls.

Cocoa High School 5

Posted January 17, 2013
"A" school for 2 years since 2010. The AP program is really good, teachers are willing to help their students to pass the AP exam, also great spirit for the football team. Country football champions 2012, and has not lose by any other school in the country since 5 years.

Posted October 07, 2009
I just graduated in 2009 and I think CHS is a great school. Every year they try to make the school better than before. I think it is a great foundation for academic learning because now im at a Florida college, and I am doing great!

Cocoa High School
2000 Tiger Trail, Cocoa, FL  32926
Last modified Cocoa High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cocoa High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top