1,530 students|Brevard

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I'm a foreign exchange student and i think this school is terrible. I was excited about it because i thought all the "rumors" about it being a bad school were false. Turns out they were right all along. The school has many illeterate students who will not make it to college. I've been told not to think that the American education system is bad because of this school and my experience there. Some teachers teach wring stuff and ESPECIALLY, in the metric system, the school doesn't make any effort in raising its students to its level; in fact, it actually descends to the students' level of learning. They teach stuff that are known in any other school. The school focuses more about appearance than education purposes. Students there CAN'T read, they are junior year and i'm pretty sure that it's not their problem, but the school's. In conclusion, this Cocoa High School is very bad; it's terrible, based on my experience, and if you want your kids to have a bright future, or go to college, don't register them there.

Amount of homework: Agree

They give homework daily, but it's irrelevent. While correcting homework, the teacher just gives us the answers without any explanation or procedure unless we ask her to.

I have heard many negative things about this school, but my daughter has done so well since enrolling in September. She has ADD and struggled at her school in Maryland. She is on honor roll here and has been asked to take advanced classes next year. Her guidance counselor always listens to her if she has concerns and any questions I ever had are answered quickly.

I love the campus, the fact that middle and high school has different buildings, the staff seems caring and I love how Dean Halbeur handles bullying. Go Tigers!

This school is filthy and constantly has headlice outbreaks. Its policy on students of age making adult videos outside of school should be revised.

this is by far the worst school in brevard we have moved to melbourne and love it here . my kid goes to melbourne high school and loves it!

cocoa high is one of the worst in the county, my kid will transfer, reminds me of a small sub of detroit.

Cocoa High School, my older son went to CHS and had great teachers, wonderful staff. I know that they might have a bad rep because of rumors. But CH has some of the best teachers in Florida. My younger son will now enter the 9th grade and I have now worries. The only thing I could say about CH is that the staff should so the same respect for all sports not just he ones that win all the time. If they gave the same support for say like soccer as they do foot ball maybe it would boost the kids moral.

Teachers are inconsistent with keeping posted grades up to date, are disorganized with and sometimes cryptic with posting assignments and instructions. Often they take awhile to respond to parents requests. Guidance at school is mediocre Mrs. Bobay, the school guidance Counselor and others do work hard to do what's best for students, but I've had trouble with getting the staff to see things through to improve my child's performance or see their plans through to completion. I constantly struggled with my child son who always complained about not liking the school. I ve applied for a n out of area transfer as advised by other parents in my neighborhood. CHS has the potential to be a great school being directly behind a college. Sr. Staff is quick to suspend students for relatively minor infractions, where detentions would have been warranted in any other school. Once a student is suspended (In School) they are supposed to be afforded the opportunity to complete all class work for that day in ISS, but teachers do not submit class work for student to work on, and often will count the student absent instead. Every class drops almost a full letter grade for this type of disconnect.

My daughter went there last year and is now homeschooled. She was intimidated by the other students, lunch was stolen every day. Administration does not return calls.

Last modified Cocoa High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.