Tradewinds Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 1119 students

Sweep tile

Posted October 24, 2013

I like school a lot. it did help my son with his autisem. He started at the age of 3 years. By the age of 5, he was able to go to regular class.

Posted August 4, 2013

This is our fourth year at Tradewinds. Kindergarten and first grade was an amazing experience with Ms. Manners. She raises the bar for being a great teacher to a very hard to beat level. Although there has been some changes, last year was also good. We absolutely love the school, and would recommend it. Of course, some teachers are better than others, but we are yet to meet an unhappy parent at Tradewinds.

Posted July 8, 2013

We had the opportunity to have our second grader reassigned to Tradewinds. His home school wasn't meeting the needs of our son and we had received exemplary reviews about Tradewinds. As a parent who was schooled in New York, I have been very skeptical of Florida's education system until now. Tradewinds, Mrs. Stevens (his amazing teacher) and the staff at Tradewinds exceeded my expectations. Mad minutes where my second grader became a whiz at multiplication, the hands on field trips which he learned so much from and the overall environment at Tradewinds makes this one of the top schools in Florida, Public or Private. They don't teach to a test but prepare your children for the future. My son is looking forward to third grade with Mrs. Stevens. She's made him excited to go to school and learn. My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better teacher and school.

Posted June 28, 2013

Tradewinds is a fabulous school. The administration and teachers are all amazing.. Parental involvement is very high, and has a top notch PTA. Everyone goes above and beyond!

Posted May 29, 2013

Tradewinds Elementary is a great school, my son is a Kindergarten he is loving it, I see a lot of parent involvement which is great. Also, not so crowed like the others public schools around...Im very happy with this school. A+

Posted October 27, 2012

All three of our children have gone to Tradewinds Elementary. They all loved it, and received, or are receiving a fantastic education. It is the reason we moved into this part of South Florida, and we have never regretted it. All of the programs are excellent and the teachers are wonderful. I especially appreciate that all of the staff really get to know each student. It is a loving and tight knit school community! Also, you can see the difference in education when the children move on to middle school. The Tradewinds students really excel.

Posted August 11, 2011

I went to Tradwinds from KIndergarten to 5th grade. I LOVE this school, i am now going into the 8th grade and everyday I wish i was back at Tradwinds. I had the best teachers ever, Mrs.Kramer, Mrs.Helen, and Mrs.Putney. My little brother is going there in 2 years and I hope he gets the same teachers that i did cause they are the sweetest, most caring and most loving teachers ever!

Posted February 5, 2011

I loved this school, my 3 kids attended it last year and I moved away & out of district, now there back in a crapy B school & failing. They cried everyday for the first 3 months and still ask to go back. The teachers and staff were so helpful there and caring.

Posted October 7, 2009

attitude & motivation are the keys to graduation, this school will get you there i wish this was my school when i was a kid.

Posted June 13, 2009

My son is going into his 3rd year at Tradewinds. The teaching staff has taken wonderful care of my son and has given him a great start to his education. I have been involved is the school in areas from room mom to the PTA. Keep in mind, I believe that nothing is perfect and everyone will have some issues but, this is truly a great school. I highly recommend this school.

Posted April 1, 2009

My daughter is in Kindergarden and my son in second grade, Mrs. Stollings and Mrs. Bavaro are the best teachers, very organize, and always smiling and enjoing their Job.

Posted September 3, 2008

This is my son's third year at Tradewinds... and my daughther just started Kindergarten. They both love this school! The teachers and staff are great, specially Miss. Gac, she is the best!

Posted August 19, 2007

I moved to Coconut Creek in 2001, my oldest son was in 5th grade, that year was a little rough, only because of his teacher; didn't like her at all. Since then I have put 2 other sons through Tradewinds with the my youngest now entering the 4th grade and my middle son now moving on to middle school. I am going to miss Tradewinds when my youngest has to move on. I love this school, the teachers and all the staff are great. Kudos to Mrs. Carruthers and Mrs. Putney; the two best teachers there in my opinion. I would recommend this school to everyone.

Posted May 13, 2007

As a parent, I would have to say that the school is terrific. Mrs. Putney is a phenomenal teacher, and I don't know what we would do without her! There is a great deal of parental involvement! I would like to see a science special and/or a writing special. My son particularly enjoys P.E. with Coach! Overall, I think the school deserves an 'A'!!!

Posted April 26, 2007

We've been at Tradewinds for three years now and wouldn't change it for anything! The teachers and staff are warm and welcoming. The curriculum is challenging but fun. The building and grounds are beautifully maintined with a student-maintined butterfly garden heloing the children to really gain an appreciation of & respect for nature and the environment. There is heavy parental involvement and a strong PTA that recognizes familes of all colors, cultures and socioeconomic levels. Your child will gain a thorough, well-rounded education here!

Posted November 9, 2006

This is my first year with Tradewinds and in the beginning I was not happy. I almost pulled my child out of the school. I believe they should recognize the higher achievers and place them in a separate class. Not all mixed together. The teacher is wonderful...I love her and that is why we are staying so far..The military style is a bit much and i feel they could be a bit more loving to the kids. The lunch that is served needs some improvement. The field trips are great, the class size is nice and again the teacher is the BEST!!!

Posted September 20, 2006

My daughter is in the First grade and her teacher, Mrs. Vendryes, is phenomenal. At Tradewinds, the teachers follow their class for two years. This is an excellent program as it allows the teacher to continue with where she has left off from the previus year. Having the same children cuts down on the time it takes to get to know the new kids and their strenghts and weaknesses. The kids know the expecations from day one! I am very happy with Tradewinds and I have found everyone affiliated with the school to be knowledgable, committed and excited about teaching our children!

Posted April 7, 2006

Wonderful school! Alot of parent involvement. We have had a wonderful experience with my daughter's teacher -- she was always willing to speak with us. Also, the school in constantly doing activities witht he children such as 'High Tech High Touch', Science fairs etc...

Posted March 7, 2006

Tradewinds is a great school. The teachers are caring and helpful. The school is well-maintained and clean. I am very happy having a student go to school here.

Posted January 11, 2006

Tradewinds is a good school. My son has attended since kindegarten. I have had problems with individual teachers on occasion, and I have not found the principal very receptive to constructive criticism. However, I have also had experience in other schools. I find that the curriculum is above average at Tradewinds, and the teachers are as well. The lunch menu could use improvement. and the lunch personnel are not always civil to the students. Still, in comparison to many other schools Tradewinds is superior. The office staff is always ready and willing to help. The nurse has always been very kind and approachable. The library and video areas are very nice. The school functions and field trips are numerous and engaging. Overall, Tradewinds is a nice school.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

189 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

189 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

149 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

149 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2013.

147 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

181 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

181 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 53% in 2013.

180 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

189 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Asian 5% 3%

Other degree 1%N/A2%

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 1%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

5400 Johnson Rd