2,406 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Overall this is a very good school for the size of the student enrollment. While there were a few teachers, I believe lacked "tact" and a genuine desire to teach, the rest were interested in my children and their progress. Some improvements could be made, especially enforcing dress code policy. (some of these girls look like they were in a nightclub or on the beach rather than at school) Definitely an overall decent school

My son will be attending this school.He is going to be a junior.He will be a new student.

I think this is a very good school. My eldest child attends there. I am pleased with their preparation. She gets frequent testings as well as she gets homework every evening. It's a great school to send your high schooler.

Monarch really isn't a bad school. I'm a freshman there, and i'm taking two Ap classes, and honors classes, the required classes are the only ones that aren't honors or Ap, so I have a lot on my plate, and the teachers help you. They want you to succeed, and they teach very well. Monarch prepares you for the real world by making you learn for your grades. I've seen no magical bumping of grades. If you want to learn, then you will have to work hard, the teachers are there to help, but you have to get involved and ask. It isn't like elementary school where the teachers come over to help you. Monarch prepares you for college, where we all know professors dont care if you fail or not. Teachers at monarch teach, they help you if you ask, but you have to do your part, this school doesnt spoon fed you. The school is really safe, the athletics are all great except the football team, and monarch has a lot of clubs, and Ap/honors classes. The administration is decent, they call you back and respond. Monarch is overall a good school with friendly teacher/administrators that actually know who you are, and care.

Monarch teachers do everything they can to ensure kids pass. They don't do this by teaching, but by providing "magical grade bumping" assignments. I've not seen our child get an honest grade yet. Every quarter it's the same thing - an honestly earned D is magically turned into a C by some magical grade bumping assignment where extra credit worth TONS OF POINTS is given for minuscule amounts of work. All this school is teaching our student is the fine art of doing the bare bones minimum to get by. Our child doesn't believe us that the real world doesn't work this way. The school is constantly fighting our message that you need to work hard and do quality work to get along in the world. The school is teaching him that it will all work out in the end, regardless of individual effort. Getting responses to emails is challenging as well and it's hard to have conversations with them.

Awful school. Stay away if you can.The administration does not return your calls and when you are finally able to speak to someone, they send you to a different place and no one seems to help you with your child's performance. Very disorganized.

This school has seen some great improvements since they received a new principal. Mr. Neer. He relates not only to parents but students as well. He tries to put the fun back in learning and gives students the benefits of the doubt. He plays music during lunch which is one of the little things that make a difference. Overall teachers are very caring despite all the hoopla that they have been through with the School Board.

I have a daughter currently in 10th grade at Monarch High. I've visited the school on several occasions and sensed a strong spirit for academic achievement through the unlimited resources they make available to the kids. In my opinion, it is up to the parents and the kids to work together and take advantage of all the offerings. I noticed when I backed off from being as active as I had in the past, my daughter's grades would slip and her attention was directed to more social activities. The socializing, again in my opinion, is poison to our kids and must be intervened by the 'parent'. Although, it's difficult to enforce, the socializing is the only thing I don't like about the school and feel that certain measure should be taken to ensure that parents are aware of what's happening with their kid.

I have two children who attend this school, a freshman and junior. My junior has been constantly in an out of trouble since 10th grade. After getting involved with the wrong crowd, her grades deteriorated. However, the administrators and principal have did everything to assist her in getting on the right track. They were very active in making sure that she did what she was suppose to do, and if not, they would always contact me to let me know of any misbehavior. On the other hand, my son hates the school. He is a well behaved child, very respectful and says that the teachers do not take the time to educate him. There have been many instances where I have had to explain the work because the teacher didn't take the time to. It can be a great school and although it is an A, improvements can be made.

My son is in his Junior year in Monarch and I am happy to say that he Monarch's Honor's Program is more than challenging. His teachers' have a very positive attitude and are willing to go the extra mile for their students. On the other hand, I am disappointed that my son has not received a laptop this school year. I have yet to receive an explanation as to why his grade level hasn't received one this school 2007 year! The laptop was definitely an asset where school homeworks were concerned! If this program has been discontinue for the entire school, I believe this are doing the students a disservice! This pilot program was definitely on advantage Monarch H.S. had over many other high schools. Please bring it back! Thank you.

Last modified Monarch High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.