267 students|Broward

Bad
Good

My child has been with broward virtual school for many years. She didn't thrive in traditional school and bullying and peer pressure caused her to not focus on her schoolwork. With the freedom to complete her schoolwork and pace she has went from c's to a's and b's. Teachers truly care and are amazing my daughter graduates this month. Thank you for everything

Teachers and staff go above and beyond to do what is needed for students to be successful in every way! In my opinion if all schools will follow the footsteps of BVS we will see a very high rate of graduates in all schools BVS is AWESOME!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The Teachers are caring and AMAZING! motivate the students developing minds. The Best teachers are in BVS!!!

Amount of homework: Agree

My 12 year old is able to have a conversation with her 17 year old cousins who are in Highschool Seniors about career and research.

Develops character: Strongly agree

All grades are earned with working smart! students have a syllabus to follow weekly along with daily communication with teachers The BVS teachers Are The Best with excellent respectful communication with students My child has excelled in all academic areas and confidence level has sky rocket ! Traditional school is great to but Nothing like BVS teachers who model the integrity & students follow leaders Like any school setting it is a schedule and work but with the difference that the courtesy level is the definition of Excellence! I wish for all students to experience what my child has and we could not be Happier Dr. Wilson and Ms. Patino received us with a friendly smile We Knew then we were home!

This has been a wonderful alternative to regular school for my gifted daughter. The teachers have many years experience teaching in real schools, but many were fed up with unruly kids and parents that didn't care. I have constant contact with her teachers who are concerned, pleasant, and qualified! There are assignments that involve talking to other students, so you do get to know your classmates. If you are fed up with the poor choices of schools we have locally, I would highly recommend BVS.

I have 2 kids , can I join them to this school next year 2013/2014 Big one will be in grade 12 , SAT 1350 last January that is before May & June exams , GPA about 3 , last certification in grade 11 term 3 " straight A " . The other kid will be in grade 6 his certification mixed of " A , B , C+ " How can I make applications for both , I have to inform you that we live now in Egypt & we all be in Florida next July 2013 Pls provide me the fees and when & how can I pay Finally I want to know required documents Thanks

I am a student here at Broward Virtual. I chose this school because I was bullied at my old school, like many of the students that go here. The other students are really nice and the staff is wonderful. I interact more with my teachers here than at my old school where my teachers were directly in front of me. I have a flexible schedule and learn faster without distractions. We have school days where we (once a monthly) can meet other students that go to this school. We also have many field trips and community service opportunities that are not only fun, but educational. At first my mom had her doubts about sending me here, but when she agreed to let me learn here, and when she saw how much my grades were improving, she had no regrets. And at the end of the day, when I am done with my schoolwork, I actually have learned something. If I were a parent, I would choose this school for my child.

The substantive courses are excellent as are the very dedicated teachers. If you want good, thorough courses with one-on-one communications between student and teacher, this is the school. The principal is also one of those, "Okay, let's figure out how to make it happen," people. And it is free. They are also well into new service and social organizations. If you have a fast learner, an athlete, artist or child with another special talent this is the program that allows your child to practice their talent.

Broward Virtual School Earn Your Broward County High School Diploma Online *Courses offered at no cost to residents of Broward County. *Fully accredited, public virtual school serving students from 6th to 12th grade. *Accepting homeschool, private or public school students. *Offered by The School Board of Broward County, Florida. *Allows self-motivated, hard-working students to pursue their educational goals in a more flexible environment. Visit us online for more information at www.bved.net or call 754-321-1100 for more information.

Last modified Broward Virtual School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.