718 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have 2 children at this school and they love it. My daughter went in unable to read and ended up being the best reader in her Kindergarten class! My son came out so knowledgeable about a variety of topics. The teachers are fantastic and they expect a lot from the students...which they should. They are our future:)

Very disappointed with this school. I found that most of the teachers here will say anything to make you believe they care about your child's best interest. I had expressed my concerns regarding some of my child's academic deficits, during conferences, and while both 4th and 5th grade teachers acknowledged the deficits, their response was always the same. They would be happy to consult with the reading specialist and get back with me regarding my concerns. Of course, I heard absolutely NOTHING else from either teacher or the reading specialist. I ended up going outside the school to get my child additional help.

My daughter is in her second year at Cooper City Elementary, and we have been blown away by the quality of education that she has been getting. My daughter's first teacher was excellent, and always provided feedback to us. She always responded to any e-mails or notes that I included. This teacher hand-picked the teacher for my daughter's second year (from K to 1st), and we have been equally pleased with this teacher as well. I can't say enough about this school. This is the kind of education that I would otherwise only expect from an expensive private school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My experience so far with two teachers, Mrs. Hook and Mrs. Sevilla, have been spectacular.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is typically a daily reading requirement, and either a spelling or math assignment. Other subjects (such as science and history) are injected through either the reading or spelling assignments.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Absolutely, I really can't say enough. They host numerous extracurricular activities, and get the kids involved, even at this age, in community events. The school is a-political, instead focusing on ensuring the children develop an attitude that makes them feel like they are a real part of Cooper City community.

My children started going to school about two weeks ago, now the first week I did feel very well about placing my children in this school because my sons interest took an interest to my son and I was very pleased to see that she was very communicative with me overall I have to say the TEACHER is amazing, however the following week came along and I was trying to reach out to the school in the effort to try to provide my kids a Friday school shirt so they would not feel left out I never received a call back and I went that Friday to vent my frustrations to the front office about the situation now the ladies response at the front desk was "are you sure you called the school?" Because we would have told you what was the procedure into getting a shirt and then followed with a snippy attitude referring to a blue page in the back of registration form and stated that it was in the registration packet.

Cooper city elementary is a great school, my kids loved it since the first day they welcome them.

Organic lunches at this school are delivered by Tiny Meals. This is a great school and they accept organic school lunches made by Tiny-Meals.com. Cooper City Elementary is a small school with 790 students and a caring staff.

Coming from another country I have to say Cooper City Elementary is very good! sometimes parent-teacher communication is non- existent but I think that is a norm in a US public school. Not knowing exactly what to expect this, our first year, was difficult. Sometimes we did not acknowledge that parents can join children to certain activities and found no one to tell us in advance that parents were allowed, we know is difficult but coming from a private out of the US school, it was easier to communicate with teachers even in higher grades, but overall the school is very good. Thank you

Last modified Cooper City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.