718 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Cooper City Elementary School 5

Posted July 13, 2016
I have 2 children at this school and they love it. My daughter went in unable to read and ended up being the best reader in her Kindergarten class! My son came out so knowledgeable about a variety of topics. The teachers are fantastic and they expect a lot from the students...which they should. They are our future:)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 13, 2016
Mrs. Sevilla, thank you for teaching my daughter to read and to truly love reading!

Cooper City Elementary School 2

Posted May 25, 2016
Very disappointed with this school. I found that most of the teachers here will say anything to make you believe they care about your child's best interest. I had expressed my concerns regarding some of my child's academic deficits, during conferences, and while both 4th and 5th grade teachers acknowledged the deficits, their response was always the same. They would be happy to consult with the reading specialist and get back with me regarding my concerns. Of course, I heard absolutely NOTHING else from either teacher or the reading specialist. I ended up going outside the school to get my child additional help.

Cooper City Elementary School 5

Posted March 14, 2016
My daughter is in her second year at Cooper City Elementary, and we have been blown away by the quality of education that she has been getting. My daughter's first teacher was excellent, and always provided feedback to us. She always responded to any e-mails or notes that I included. This teacher hand-picked the teacher for my daughter's second year (from K to 1st), and we have been equally pleased with this teacher as well. I can't say enough about this school. This is the kind of education that I would otherwise only expect from an expensive private school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 14, 2016
Mrs. Hook and Mrs. Sevilla. They care, and the quality of education my child gets is evident of this.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 14, 2016
My experience so far with two teachers, Mrs. Hook and Mrs. Sevilla, have been spectacular.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 14, 2016
There is typically a daily reading requirement, and either a spelling or math assignment. Other subjects (such as science and history) are injected through either the reading or spelling assignments.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted March 14, 2016
One thing that's important to me is that the children aren't coddled. It's important, particular in modern times where everyone gets a trophy for doing nothing, the teachers (within the limits of the district curriculum) ensure that students are encouraged, but not unnecessarily rewarded for things that they haven't accomplished. They have a rewards ceremony at the end of the year.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted March 14, 2016
In my experience, the teachers have very little tolerance for students that refuse to respect the rest of the class. There is a difference between being disruptive, and purposely being belligerent. The teachers work to create a positive environment for all students.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 14, 2016
The teachers ensure that students know why they are being punished and how their actions affect other students. The "do unto others" mentality.

5080 Southwest 92nd Avenue, Cooper City, FL  33328
Last modified Cooper City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.