718 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Cooper City Elementary School 5

Posted March 14, 2016
My daughter is in her second year at Cooper City Elementary, and we have been blown away by the quality of education that she has been getting. My daughter's first teacher was excellent, and always provided feedback to us. She always responded to any e-mails or notes that I included. This teacher hand-picked the teacher for my daughter's second year (from K to 1st), and we have been equally pleased with this teacher as well. I can't say enough about this school. This is the kind of education that I would otherwise only expect from an expensive private school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 14, 2016
Mrs. Hook and Mrs. Sevilla. They care, and the quality of education my child gets is evident of this.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 14, 2016
My experience so far with two teachers, Mrs. Hook and Mrs. Sevilla, have been spectacular.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 14, 2016
There is typically a daily reading requirement, and either a spelling or math assignment. Other subjects (such as science and history) are injected through either the reading or spelling assignments.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted March 14, 2016
One thing that's important to me is that the children aren't coddled. It's important, particular in modern times where everyone gets a trophy for doing nothing, the teachers (within the limits of the district curriculum) ensure that students are encouraged, but not unnecessarily rewarded for things that they haven't accomplished. They have a rewards ceremony at the end of the year.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted March 14, 2016
In my experience, the teachers have very little tolerance for students that refuse to respect the rest of the class. There is a difference between being disruptive, and purposely being belligerent. The teachers work to create a positive environment for all students.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 14, 2016
The teachers ensure that students know why they are being punished and how their actions affect other students. The "do unto others" mentality.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 14, 2016
Absolutely, I really can't say enough. They host numerous extracurricular activities, and get the kids involved, even at this age, in community events. The school is a-political, instead focusing on ensuring the children develop an attitude that makes them feel like they are a real part of Cooper City community.

Cooper City Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2015
My children started going to school about two weeks ago, now the first week I did feel very well about placing my children in this school because my sons interest took an interest to my son and I was very pleased to see that she was very communicative with me overall I have to say the TEACHER is amazing, however the following week came along and I was trying to reach out to the school in the effort to try to provide my kids a Friday school shirt so they would not feel left out I never received a call back and I went that Friday to vent my frustrations to the front office about the situation now the ladies response at the front desk was "are you sure you called the school?" Because we would have told you what was the procedure into getting a shirt and then followed with a snippy attitude referring to a blue page in the back of registration form and stated that it was in the registration packet.

Cooper City Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Cooper city elementary is a great school, my kids loved it since the first day they welcome them.

5080 Southwest 92nd Avenue, Cooper City, FL  33328
Last modified Cooper City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.