Posted November 08, 2013
Ignore any prior reviews about our "moldy campus" - we just got a brand-new building and an open courtyard and all of it looks so beautiful and clean. The teachers are AMAZING, especially in the AP classes. I literally can't pick one favorite teacher because they're all that great. They're interesting and teach you how to think critically, and provide guidance as needed - even staying before/after school to provide extra help. I love my teachers and they love me! We also have so many stellar extracurricular programs, with some standouts being DECA (business program), ROTC (pre-navy program), speech and debate, drama, CTV (broadcast journalism), and early child care. Many of our students have gone on to top colleges, ranging from in-state at the University of Florida and University of Miami, to Ivys such as Harvard, Cornell, and the University of Pennsylvania, and other top schools including Duke and MIT. But there's really something here for every student, and this is a place where everyone can feel like they're part of a large, extended Cowboy family - you just have to find what you love, stick with it - and find ways to make it even better!

Posted March 29, 2013
The worst school i ever sent my child to.He comes home literally crying.The school is awful how it smells in the classrooms and that moldy situation.Its disgusting!! My son tells me everything so i think i know.He said the children there are disgusting.Moving him ASAP!!

Posted September 07, 2012
I would give this school zero stars but there is one teacher there that cares about my child and does her job! so that star goes to her. where do i start this place is a a discusting mess!!!! its mold ridden, my two daughters have come home sick already and school just started!!!! they have a serious problem and it makes me sick! ok im not a native floridian and i get the humidity and the dampness but that is unacceptable, i have visited other schools in the area and they are not like that. this school is way over crowded and the staff is just plain rude!!!!! They will argue with you and make your child feel stupid. Its way over rated here and we will be moving as soon as possible. We moved to this area because of the schools and i just dont see it. again this place is a mess!!!!! and please use caution if your child will be attending this school its a MAJOR HEALTH RISK!!!

Posted February 04, 2012
Honestly a great school, a lot of extracurricular activities, really good teachers, for honors and AP, Great DECA, SGA and CTV programs, really good in waterpolo, swimming, girls soccer, boys volleyball, band, and recently Football. I came to Cooper City as a junior, from an entire different country and I never had troubles fitting in. The comments below say its over crowded, but to be honest is one of the Broward schools with the least students (but you do see a lot of people in your classes, specially electives). I would just advice the principal to be a little more of a leader

Posted January 07, 2012
If I could I would take my son out of this school asap, he hates , my husband and I hate it. First the teachers are rude as well as the guidance counselors and vice principals, they assume that there way is the only way and dont let the parents have any input, they can also never get all the teachers together for one conference because now they will tell you the teachers are under contract and they only have to be in school from 7:30 -2:30 and they wont give up there lunch hour. I have never been to such a uncaring school, they all seem like they are there to get a pay check and they don't care about the kids anymore, it is very sad. The school is highly over rated and it is run down, they are currently trying to clean up the mold situation in the classrooms while the kids are in there, but they aren't worried about there health at all. I must say cooper city and its school systems are run down and not what they used to be the neighborhood has multiple houses in foreclosure and the school is VERY OVERCROWDED. Want proof? go ask the kids when they get out of school they are the ones who go there and they will honestly tell you what goes on there.

Posted January 21, 2011
CCHS is an amazing school, the teachers are amazing, most of the students are really friendly and there is little to no bullying. The campus is beautiful (especially the new cafeteria!), and there's tons of fun and educational extracurriculars to be a part of such as Marching Band, SGA (student government), DECA (business), FMPA (medical club), Debate, Journalism (and also CTV, the school news program and The Lariat, our newspaper), Fashion, "The Littlest Cowboys" (early childhood care), a variety of sports, and much more. I feel right at home here :)

Posted October 03, 2009
I can't imagine a better high school - our marching band was top notch, and there were other great performing art programs. The teachers care, and the school is SAFE, something that's rare nowadays.

Cooper City High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Cooper City High is an excellent school w/ an awesome band.

Cooper City High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
It has an awesome band program as well as several competitive and well ranked clubs and sports where the kids can develop in many areas

Posted September 01, 2009
Like most schools Cooper City is overcrowded. It is more run down than it should be for its age. Teachers and staff seem to be ruder than others I have dealt with. I am not sure if its b/c they hate the conditions they have to teach in. School is not welcoming to those of different backgounds. Not racist as much as an indifferent towards others. I imagine years ago this school was probably one of the best around.

Cooper City High School
9401 Stirling Road, Cooper City, FL  33328
Last modified Cooper City High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cooper City High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top