556 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Neutral

My daughter's K and 1st grade teachers both did homework differently. K would send a sheet or two each week, very manageable for the age I think. 1st grade teacher sends home a packet at the beginning of the week with a schedule of what the child should complete each night. Its a lot more than in K, but not particularly overwhelming. Honestly, I'd like to see more teachers take the no homework approach.

I had my daughter reassigned to Griffin last year as I was not happy with our assigned school. This year we moved so we are actually in the assigned zone! We have yet to have any issues with Griffin Elementary. My daughter's K and 1st grade teachers have been amazing and the progress my child has made is phenomenal! Excited to see what Griffin can do for her in the next 4 years!

The school treats children in the cluster program like second class citizens. One teacher noted they wouldn't call her class until it was the end of the event so they would miss all the fun. If mainstream kids are misbehaving teachers laugh and celebrate them. If a child from the class does the same, they get penalized immediately. The cluster teachers wear SWAT team uniforms for Halloween. If that is'nt the loudest message ever.

Develops character: Neutral

The school does teach. But implementing is a complete different ball game. Some of the meanest kids are the star pupils. Future sociopaths in the making.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

You have really great teachers and really horrible ones

Develops character: Agree

I believe that Griffin makes sure that each child is treated as an individual. The school strives to maintain integrity, honesty and fairness to all students.

I had my son attending Griffin since kindergarten. Despite family issues, the school administration decided to tag my child as a problem child. It got so bad that I had to transfer him to another school.

My child attended Griffin Elementry last year. Our experience was the worst possible experience we had with a school and our child has been attending school since he was 2 years old. The 1st grade teacher did not care about his education at all but I came to the conclusion to late. She was and is not educated to be a teacher if she chooses which child she has patience to teach. The school did not show they cared because nothing that was addressed in any meeting was followed or considered after leaving the room. I would never recommend this school to anyone especially since this teacher showed NO effort in my childs education. If you care about your child future and education and do decide to attend this school, PLEASE be on top of your childs teacher if you start to see educational neglects and don't wait for any change to be done without you.

My daughter just started kinder at Griffin. As an educator, I always look for an environment of caring, learning and support and I see all three at this school. I definitely love the "family" feel that is present at Griffin too. I will do another review at the end of the year to see if this still holds true and will up to 5 stars!

I am incredibly impressed with this school. The teachers, the principal, the staff, the specialists (ESE, Speech, etc.), and Aftercare personnel are absolutely devoted to educating the WHOLE CHILD in a warm and caring manner, not simply looking for a test score-increase to validate their efficacy. I have a daughter in 4th grade and she has really blossomed at this school and has learned a great deal! Her teacher is fantastic! The best specials teachers are right here (especially Art and P.E.). I will say that the school considers parents as partners and that makes all the difference. I'll be sad next year as it will be her last at Griffin and she will be moving on to middle school. I wish Griffin could be a K-8!!! :)

Last modified Griffin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.