No rating

Potential Christian Academy

Private | PK-8 | 250 students

Students rank in the top 22% or better nationally in reading, language or math.

Living in Cooper City

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $382,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,190.

Posted February 26, 2007

I would just like to address the previous review. I currently have 3 children enrolled at Potential Christian Academy. My family has been at this AMAZING school since 2008. In the past years I have never, not once, witnessed any inappropriate behavior from any faculty member. The faculty and administartion have done nothing but shower my children with love and given them a strong foundation in their faith. This school and church has been such a blessing to me and my family. Walking through those doors every morning is like walking into home.

Posted February 20, 2014

I just moved in town and quickly became a part of Potential Church. Once I found out they had a school attached my children were enrolled. I have been nothing but impressed with the staff and children that attend this school. Everyone has a smile on their face and a true feeling of family and love is felt daily. The administration is friendly and very professional. Christ shines through the staff and kids. Security is high and front office is very pleasant and well informed. The academics are very important in my family, and the learning coming from this school blows me away. Highly Recommend this school to EVERYONE!!!!

Posted October 3, 2013

My daughter is so happy at this school, Wonderful enviroment. The teachers are top notch!

Posted October 1, 2013

I am so happy with this school. My child has been attending this school since she was in preschool. She is currently in 4th grade and reads and comprehends at a 8th grade level, her test scores are literally off the charts and she is a beautiful well adjusted 4th grader. The teachers love the children and love teaching and that passion is absorbed by the students. PCA is a wonderful school to come to everyday. My little girl loves to come to school and her dad and I couldn't be happier with the academics. We love that Christ is at the center of everything and the staff and students are all striving to be all that God has created them and called them to be.

Posted September 29, 2013

I would not recommend this school to nobody, because of the lack of learning and favor picks with students. Some of the teachers don't know what they are doing. And the office is always covering up for the teachers, and the school only cares about is only MONEY out of the parents pockets. I DON'T LIKE THE TEACHING IN THAT SCHOOL AT ALL. KEEP YOUR CHILD AWAY!!!!

Posted August 30, 2013

I absolutely have been blessed by PCA. The teachers and administration have a heart that beats for the Lord and they shine into the lives of my sons each day. Academics is very high and the school committed to helping students and families reach their God potential! PCA is our home and we are blessed!!

Posted August 30, 2013

Potential Christian Academy is an excellent school! My kids have been here since 2008. I am blown away by how this school loves on our children on a daily basis. Our teachers and staff are like no other. We are truly blessed to be a part of an extraordinary school. Our academics and our Accelerated Reading programs are superb! I love this school and highly recommend it!

Posted December 21, 2012

This school is AMAZING! Our son started in the baby room at 18 months (K1) and continued through K4. We would have continued with PCA but we moved out of state. We always knew our son was in a kind, loving, fun learning environment. Each teacher our son had treated him like they were his Auntie. They truly love their students. The school does a ton of fun activities for the kids every week and especially great at the holidays. The entire faculty from leadership to teachers and coaches are absolutely phenomenal. If you want your child to thrive in confidence this is the school for you. As a very picky Mom I can whole -heartedly say that both my husband and I would HIGHLY recommend this school to any parent without hesitation. We are so thankful this is where our son got his start.

Posted December 30, 2010

Flamingo Road Christian Academy is like being in a small town school with all the tools and technology that a large school provides.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 7, 2010

I have two girls one in 2nd and one in 6th grade.This school is absolutely amazing! My girls have been at the top prep schools in the area including Heritage, Miami Country day, and Westminster which all were lacking in some way either social or educational. The program at Flamingo is very challenging and competitive comparable to the above mentioned prep schools. The teachers are both patient and thorough with each child. The environment for the girls is amazing all the children get along no cliques to worry about. This school was truly a blessing. I just wish I had found out about them while the girls were little so they could have started pre-K here. Take a tour you wont be disappointed..

Posted February 11, 2009

I love this school! I am a student at FRCA and it is so cool. They are really nice, and they help me when ever I don't understand something and there is alot of afterschool activities.
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 27, 2008

My son goes to school here and it is a wonderful environment that challenges him academically. The staff is loving and godly. I give it a four out of five only because they lack in sports (during school) and they are weak in the technology dept. Certainly not bad enough to switch schools though. Great school!

Posted July 21, 2006

I have two children who went through FRCA from K-5 to 5th grade and they blossomed under the love and caring of the staff. The staff loves every child and it was the very best I could have given my children

Posted June 17, 2006

I really love this school. The teachers and staff really care about the children and thier familes. They all pull together as a team and really try to make every problem work out and child feel special. Havinging chapple once a week has really started to structure our family again our 3 year old son almost 4 now helps when time get rough he reminds me of jesus. I am greatful for the schools teachings I havent been strong for a while. And the class is great too a b c's counts to 20 knows colors shapes and a lot of really cool songs. I highly recomend this school, children really need sturcture and as a parent it is nice to have a lot of help. Thanks frca

Posted May 26, 2006

We have three children and love this school. This is an awesome school for a Christ centered education. It has a preschool program that is wonderful and very academic. My son left the K-4 program reading well and excited to learn to spell. I had to other children in 1st grade and 3rd grade. Both of thier teachers were excellent. It could not have been a better year for our family academically and spiritually. I highly recommend this school. The entire staff is a Christ serving,and love the children very much. It has a very nice facility but could use some work with the playground area. The music program is done very well. The principal left this year and has new one on board. The school remarkably well with an acting principal. The new principal seems like his is very strong and will do well.

Posted May 17, 2006

Love this school. The teachers truely love and enjoy the children.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted November 9, 2005

I have been so happy to know my daugher attends a quality school. Besides the loving teacher, the academics are outstanding. They are very big on reading and take pride in their AR program. They have plenty fo extracurricular activities, and much more. Parents are always welcome.

Posted August 22, 2005

This a great school with quality teachers and a very loving enviroment....You couldn't ask for more!

Posted July 23, 2005

Strong school curriculum. Teachers are actively involved in student development

Posted March 4, 2005

This school is completely an all around awesome school. I am currently a high school senior and I attended Flamingo Road Christian Academy PreK-4 through 5th grade. I graduated with the same kids I was in PreK with. It was most definitely a growing and learning experience, so much so that I have taken a Child Development class in high school so I can come to Flamingo Road and volunteer with the pre-school. I am a teachers aide with the same teacher I had for kindergarten. It sure is an experience to be on the other side of the tape and get to see all the faces of kids who one day will understand how much the loyalty, friendship, faith, and unity provided by Flamingo Road will effect and help them through the best of times and the worst.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

Health & athletics

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Associations
  • FACCS
Fax number
  • (954) 318-0077

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
  • Standards-based
  • Virtual school
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Step up for Students

Performing arts
  • Dance
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What are your chances?

3 out of 10students were accepted for the 2013-2014 school year.

Students accepted for the 2013-2014 school year