Coral Gables, FL

International Studies Preparatory Academy 5

Posted December 10, 2014
My son is very happy at this school. The teachers are excellent and the principal is very involved and energetic. This is not just an education, it's a cultural experience.
2 people found this helpful

International Studies Preparatory Academy 2

Posted October 26, 2014
I can't really complain about ISPA correlating with having prom or not having any sports because it's fairly new and if you all really expect the school to have these activities but you're complaining about the teachers, you should maybe take a step back because they could be possibly trying to fix the staff issue. I do agree with the lack of experience of staff. I used to be a student at ISPA and when I was a freshman I really liked the staff in my own personal experience but when I got into sophomore year, some change in teachers were horrible. Very unprofessional. The english department is excellent though. I am currently a junior attending a different school but some positive remarks I can make about ISPA is that it's clearly a small school in which all the people you are studying with, you consider them part of your family. The english teachers are great and the location is amazing. I wish the best for this school but if I were in charge, I wouldn't worry so much about the dances that come up, although it would be nice if this school was traditional but it is not and you have yo accept that. I would start to worry about the education it gives.

Posted September 13, 2014
I have suffered more at this school than anywhere I have ever been. I am now a a Senior. I couldn't go places because I could not afford it. So I had to stay here. The majority of the teachers strongly dislike students and make them feel bad. The principal is not compliant at all in dealing with parents and students. There are no sports teams and no prom, just a dinner with the parents. Im sick of it.

Posted August 29, 2014
this is a horrible school. teachers are incompetent and the administration is even worse. there are no sports, no prom, nothing at all. the advertised curriculum is a joke. there is one math facilitator who is horrible. he made my life and that of my classmates impossible last year. stay as far away as you can from this building. i'm starting my second year and trying to talk my parents into sending me to my home school. don't make the mistake of going here. you will regret it for the rest of your life. it is a miserable place.

Posted August 20, 2014
I strongly dislike this school. I wrote a 5 star review towards the beginning of my freshman year, I want to take that review back. I am beginning my Sophomore year and I will be applying to various schools to leave. The first month it seems pretty good, but it is all an illusion, they have inexperienced teachers who love to fail students and make them miserable, they have no sports or prom which is odd, there is one particular teacher who enjoys the misery of students and does not belong in a classroom. The principal does not comply whatsoever with people trying to reason with him. This school had plenty of potential at the beginning but incompetence and bad leadership ruined the school.

Posted May 09, 2014
This school is probably one of the most disappointing establishments in miami-dade. Their advertisements do not demonstrate the true quality of the school. Some teachers, such as one of the math "facilitators" set up students for failure and are overall horrible teachers. The curriculum may be good but if the school wants to have a 5 star rating the teachers need to be either replaced or they have to change themselves. Their is also an apparent lack of extracurricular activities, which will likely continue to turn students away from a school with alot of potential, but wasted on certain bad teachers. The parents complain and so do other visitors, but nothing is ever done. This school could be so much better if it only changed certain things.

International Studies Preparatory Academy 2

Posted May 09, 2014
I'll keep it brief, it is the most hypocritical school in miami dade. Down the hall ways you hear kids saying "i hate this school" or " I want to transfer" It is really sad to see students turn down such an advantage because of the teachers fault or administrators. I understand their trying to make things happen but with everything they announce they never go through with it. Incoming freshmen... Pick a different school.

Posted May 09, 2014
This establishment is an abomination. school The Principal does not know how to run the school and they do not have real teachers they have "facilitators" My daughter has to teach her self!

Posted May 08, 2014
This school has been an extreme disappointment. My child is completing their sophomore year there and it has been a horrible experience. There are a few good teachers, primarily in the foreign language [Spanish and French], and in the English department. The math and science areas are very deficient. This is especially true in the math area. There is a particular problem with a male teacher who teaches 9th grade Algebra and 10th grade Geometry. This individual continually sets up students for failure and seems to dislike teenagers in general. I have complained to the administration and particularly the principal and nothing is done. Despite numerous complaints the same problems persist and nothing is done. The only sure thing is that students continue to suffer. I deeply regret sending my child to this school and now having to look for another high school after two wasted years. Think twice, three or four times before sending your child to this place. You will regret it!

International Studies Preparatory Academy 5

Posted April 13, 2014
This school is fantastic with a great location in Sunset. We can go out and study in the Barnes and Nobles next door.

International Studies Preparatory Academy
1570 Madruga Avenue, Coral Gables, FL  33146
Last modified International Studies Preparatory Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
International Studies Preparatory Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top