Coral Gables, FL

Posted February 27, 2014
I attended St. Theresa for a few years. In my opinion, this school is a highly rigid institution that puts a great deal of emphasis on religion, yet does not recognize blatantly unscrupulous behavior among its student body. I am a university student now, and looking back at my days at this school, I realize how mistreated I was. I was bullied by students, while the administration did little in the way of noticing. My grades plummeted as my insecurity rose, and eventually I left the school with psychological wounds that still torment me(though greatly resolved). I feel the school can be academically stifling;I was left with a distaste for school work, even wishing to be home schooled. In conclusion, my personal experience was extremely negative, and I have struggled with confidence issues since my time there. Consider deeply your decision as a parent to send your child to St. Theresa School.

Posted February 27, 2014
I attended sts and I loved it! I am still best friends with the friends I made in pre-k. I had exceptional teachers and I was well prepared for high school. I highly recommend sending your child to sts.

Posted October 08, 2013
i go to school here and its a prison. the kids eat lunch at different times i mean the first graders eat at 10;45 why cant 8 graders. the uniforms are disgusting my grandmas underwear is prettier and they are super strict. no nail polish, necklaces, bracelets, dangling earrings, makeup, the hair can be longer than the hips i mean let a girl be a girl people. the boys cant have their hair below the collar or over the ears and kaka like that. the teachers are the most disrespectful human beings i have ever met and the students are super chismosos. this place is like a cuban prison i wish i didnt go to school here. PARENTS DONT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE. IF YOU WANT THEM TO HAVE A HORRIBLE 11 YEARS, GO HAVE BLAST! BUT IF YOU WWANT THEM TO HAVE A MEMORABLE 11 YEARS TAKE THEM ELSEWHERE. hialeah schools are better that this terd.

St Theresa School 4

Posted July 23, 2013
St Theresa School has a well balanced approach to extracurricular activities,offering students an environment for a balanced spiritual, educational and Cultural experieince. The school offeres opportunities for School Team in sports (Baseball,soccer, basketball and cross country), as well as Music programs for choir and Instruments. They are also becomming more active in offering academic teams as well. A good example of this is the Geography Bee team. It was started three years ago competing in county wide competition. In May of 2013 the team won 1st place and was was undefeted at the Bee, sweeping the competition in the Elementary level, surpassing fourteen public schools by correctly answering 80 out of 85 geography questions posed. The team also produced a finalist for the State of Flordia Chanmpionships of the National Geographic Geography Bee this year.

Posted June 01, 2013
This was our first year coming to St. Theresa from a Montessori environment which worried me. The children are paired with a 'buddy' from another grade level so they learn from each other. Although the disciplined transition took some time for my child to adjust to, the school became a home away from home quickly. The students treat each other kindly and care ffor each others as well as the student-teachers relationships. This year's new Principal, Sr. Caridad is AMAZING!. She is bright, happy and full of fresh ideas. All the children love her. The fundamental processes taught here educate the entire child, the whole child spiritually, emotionally and physically just as much as scholastically. I am very pleased and plan on continuing. The only thing I would like to see added is AP classes for students that excel at a higher level. Students are still challenged individually but it would be a nice addition. The ratio of teacher-student may be higher than expected at times but there are shared teachers in the same grades. If the class needs extra teachers, they are brought in from another area to assist.

Posted November 30, 2012
My child currently attends this school. I was very shocked at the "student: teacher ratio" posted as "13:1." This is very inaccurate. There are more than 25 children in my child's KINDERGARDEN class; it only goes up with the higher grades. Parents are treated HORRIBLY at this school. The staff at the office, as well as several others, are vastly and unapologetically disrespectful. My experience thus far has been: give me your money and stay away. Lastly, although in my short experience at this school the teachers my child has had have done their best to teach at the individual child's pace, it is a very academically disappointing school. Moral: do not send your child there. This will be our last year at this school.

Posted November 10, 2012
Great school that has really helped my child develop better learning skills. My child was behind coming from public school but after two years is doing great. Very happy we made the move from public school to Catholic school.

Posted January 18, 2012
My husband and I looked at many schools in the Miami/Coral Gables area before deciding on St. Theresa, and we are very happy to be sending our kids here. Our children are thriving academically and spiritually and love going to school. The academic curriculum is rigorous, discipline is strict, and the teachers are extremely warm and caring. There are plenty of after school activities and parents have lots of opportunities to get involved in the school.

Posted December 06, 2011
St.Theresa is a wonderful school run by the Carmelite Sisters.The school makes learning students' faith a main priority. The academics are high and the discipline is much put in all together. This school is like a second home for most kids. By the time they graduate, the students have grown spiritually, mentally, and physically.

Posted September 13, 2011
This is a great school! St. Theresa focuses on the entire child. Their academic, religious, social and emotional development. Both my children went there and have done very well in highschool. I went there and was so pleased to see the continued family environment that was present 30 years ago. The Carmelite sisters run a very Catholic school and I wouldn't have my kids go anyplace else.

St Theresa School