Coral Gables, FL

Posted September 01, 2014
Riviera is an excellent school with superb academics and a warm culture. It is a wonderful place for children and their parents. We have been extremely pleased with all the teachers and their approach to teaching and discipline. Our son just started there this year and it's the happiest we've ever seen him!

Posted August 03, 2014
We are extremely happy with Riviera. My child began middle school at their beautiful campus and is entering 8th grade there. This is a very nurturing environment. The classes are small and the faculty is wonderful. At times, there is too much homework for my taste, but that seems to be the trend in every school. I very highly reccomend Riviera!

Posted September 18, 2013
Riviera Day School is a superb school which provides outstanding academics. My son has attended Riviera Day School for four years. Riviera Day School has provided my son with an excellent educational foundation which will serve him for years to come. Strong academics and personal growth are emphasized at this wonderful school. Students are encouraged to strive for excellence in academics. The Faculty is extremely involved and dedicated in the academic achievements of their student body. Riviera's small student to teacher ratio is ideal in the academic setting. Riviera Day School is equipped with the latest in modern technology, which leads to the highest levels of critical thinking in the classroom. This school has prepared my son for middle school on an academic and social level. Riviera Day School is a magnificent school located in Coral Gables, Florida.

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter just started Riviera Prep as a sixth grader, and the experience so far has been in her words, "awesome." The teachers are enthusiastic, professional, and so supportive. The school does a great job at helping make the transition process as smooth as possible. The counselors are wonderful and are there at a moments notice to easy your worries and make life easier for the students. I have great peace of mind every day that I drop my daughter off at school. Go Bulldogs!!!

Posted June 26, 2013
Riviera schools are run is a very bad way. My daughter was bullied for many years and they did nothing. We left the school and she is very happy now. At one point I even offered to create and help lead a "no Bully" sensitivity forum , but they were completeley un receptive. I was told by the principle that "life is hard , and the kids will need to grow up eventually" . They would send the only ineffective "guidence counselor/vice principle" to "speak with" the girls that were being mean, but nothing ever really changed. Very "clicky" . This school was not worth the tuition, many of the teachers appeared less than enthused to work there, one very good teacher left because the pay was very low. I also know of 5 children who are not returning to this school because of its poor management and in general a lack of charecter. The aftercare program was chaotic and the kids were bored and unable to work/study. NOT A GOOD CHOICE

Posted June 14, 2013
this was a terrible school. The administration was very disorganized, charging a very inflated tuition and hiring inexperienced first year teachers who often didn't know our follow a curriculum. This school did not address bullying and took a hands off approach, m many have left for this reason, there is a very high turnover of children. R, moneyiviera cares about one thing, money, not your child.

Posted July 27, 2011
My daughter transfered to Riviera late - in 6th grade - from a a year in a Miami public school. What a difference! The classes are small, the teachers know every student personally and pay close attention to their progress. The curriculum is well put together - very challenging, but not extremely overwhelming. From a weak B student and decreasing enthusiasm for learning she became an A student on the Honor Roll and more competitive and eager to learn than ever. I couldn't be more happy. She will be continuing at Riviera's High School as well.

Posted June 07, 2011
This is an amazing school. The first grade teachers are phenomenal. They planned their lessons and used technology to the most, including computer based power point presentations for tests, and weekly vocabulary studying that were easily downloaded from web server . The math program is a year advanced. I also had a pre-k 4 student that bloomed during this school year, and learned a lot form hands on science experiments. The class ratio is small.

Posted September 10, 2010
The school is amazing. They now have a high school, which is great for continuity. My son has been going there since kindergarten and everyone knows him by name. It's a very nurturuing yet academically rigorous environment.

Posted January 28, 2010