No rating

Continental Academy

Private | 9-12

Student diversity

Living in Coral Gables

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $78,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,430.

Posted April 25, 2012

I am so grateful to the staff and founders of Continental Academy for giving me the opportunity to finish High School on their website. I appreciate it greatly. I learned so much and I'm so glad that I was able to graduate. Now I can go out and get my life started. I thank them so much.

Posted April 25, 2012

Hi, I am a student s mom and I am so proud of my son and his accomplishment. I owe it to, not just the hard work and dedication he put forth, but to Continental Academy. This program was the perfect fit for him, with his immune deficiency it was hard for him to go to public schools without getting sick, missing days, and falling behind. Continental Academy was a blessing to our family. This being said I am happy that Continental Academy not only helped my son achieve a high school diploma, but his father has just enrolled into the P.A.C.E. program. At an early age, he was left to survive on his own and had to quit school to work. Recently, he was hurt at work and has been pretty much bed ridden. The last few days I've talked to him about your program for adults to receive their high school diploma. Not only do I think it will give him something to do during the hours he is stuck in the house while myself and my son are at our jobs (yes, my son has already received a full-time job), I believe it will give him the sense of proud and self worth that he has lacked for many years. I am thankful from the bottom of my heart for what this educational program has done for my family!

Posted March 20, 2012

I graduated in 2003 and i'm a distillation operator and moved up to a supervisor and i work for safety kleen, clean harbors, tradebe,NB coating.I also was a milling operator and i made good money.

Posted February 29, 2012

I did the Seal program and graduated in 2011. Now I am half way thru at Itawamba Community College. Thanks Continental Academy.

Posted February 28, 2012

Continental academy is Good online school. i have tried to get my diploma 5 times and failed. going to this online school gave me hope. and i graduated on time. Now i got accepted into college. thank you continental academy

Posted February 15, 2012

Thanks to Continental Academy I am able to keep my job with the railroads. I am a high school graduate!

Posted September 16, 2011

i applied for a job and found out that in 1975 i though i had got my high school diploma i just did not walk with the other kids( too cool i though) they (the job) told me i did not get it and i had a limited time to get a GED or DIPLOMA so i called,paid and started on the test. I got my high school diploma with high honors and the job thanks continental academy.

Posted September 7, 2011

I used Continental Academy s curriculum to homeschool my child in the State of Florida for grades 10 through 12. My son enjoyed their curriculum and learned a lot. My son met the admissions requirements for homeschoolers of our local community college and is now taking community college classes. As a homeschooled student, my son also qualified for federal financial aid. If it wasn t for Continental Academy s curriculum and homeschooling as an option, my son would have never graduated from high school. I have said to my friends who have teenagers that are not succeeding in an attendance based program to seriously consider homeschooling their child. In terms of being accepted by a Florida community college, the parent simply has to sign an affidavit demonstrating that they have met state requirements to homeschool their child. Continental Academy has the most affordable homeschooling curriculum you can find and students enjoy the courses. I am very satisfied with Continental Academy and would recommend their curriculum to any homeschooling family that would like their child to continue their education at a community college.

Posted September 1, 2011

My daughter went to a public high school for 9th/10th grade, the school was terrible because of the trouble and fights. She enrolled in Continental to finish 11th/12th grade. This week we contacted several colleges in our area, only to find out that THEY WOULD NOT ACCEPT A CONTINENTAL DIPLOMA!!!!! I was told by one that unless she graduated by 1/26/11 her diploma was no good. Another told me that as of July 1, 2011- NO SCHOOL in the state of Florida will accept a Continental diploma. She started Continental when they accredited, which is why we chose it. They no longer have the accreditation. Continental said I have to provide them with written info. on what the college told us, becuse they wanted to see it, and it is ultimately up to the college to decide if they will accept Continental. Now we are told she needs to get her GED in order to get into a college! So all the work she did doesn't count. We are out the money and her time and effort. Needless to say we are extremely upset.!!! DO NOT ATTEND THIS SCHOOL if you plan on going on to a college/university. You'll only be disappointed, and be told that even though you have your diploma, you now have to take your GED.

Posted May 26, 2011

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL I AM 25 YEARS OLD AND DINT GET A CHANCE TO COMPLETE HIGHSCHOOL BECAUSE I BECAME PREGNANT THE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL I WENT TO KICKED ME OUT NOW IM ABOUT TO GRADUATE AND EARN MY DIPLOMA AND TWO CHILDREN LATER IM GOING TO COLLEGE IM SO PROUD OF MYSELF AND TELL EVERY FRIEND I HAVE ABOUT THIS PROGRAM IF THEY NEED IT THESE PEOPLE ARE DOING A WONDERFUL THINGAND TO THOSE WHO SAY YOU CANT ENROLL IN COLLEGE KEEP TRYING THERE ARE COLLEGES WHO ACCEPT THIS HIGHSCHOOL DIPLOMA IF I CAN DO IT AT 25 THAN SO CAN YOU

Posted March 23, 2011

Great alternative high school diploma program for students that are unable to graduate from their local public high school or unable to successfully pass the GED. Their program is student-friendly and extremely convenient because you have an opportunity to study from home and have access to their online programs 24 hours a day. I graduated this year from Continental Academy and I m currently enrolled in Wesleyan College. I would definitely recommend Continental Academy for any student that is looking for an alternative high school diploma program.

Posted February 3, 2011

My son received a diploma from this school, and I got two other families involved with their sons. My son and his friend graduated with honors and it is not worth the paper it is written on!!!!!! THIS IS NOT A REGIONAL ACCREDITED SCHOOL! He has been turned down for college because this is National Accreditation and it is worthless. He will have to go get a GED now from a Regionally Accredited school to move forward in his life. And when I called Continental Academy they could not even give me some direction as to who WOULD accept this High School Diploma. I feel duped! they took my money and left me hanging! They should explain your options before they take your money This was a rip off. Now we have 3 young men that got the wind kicked out of them when they were trying to better themselves.

Posted November 4, 2010

Continental Academy's online program was very convenient for my son and the staff was excellent. He is now taking college classes at our local community college in Santa Ana California. My son and I were very satisfied with their online program.

Posted July 12, 2010

Continental Academy has a good program. Their curriculum is non-religious and is based on the Florida Sunshine State Standards for Secondary Education which are the standards used for Florida public high schools. Most homeschooling high school options my wife and I were considering for my daughter were approximately $2,000.00 to $4,000.00. Continental s tuition was $350.00 plus a grad fee of $26.00. They offer the tuition at low price because they own their own curriculum and their philosophy is to make the program affordable to all. My daughter graduated a few months ago from the OUTREACH Program, met all admissions requirements of the University of Texas San Antonio and is now beginning her freshmen classes. We saved a lot of money with Continental Academy.

Posted May 6, 2010

Some people on here are saying its stupid and you don't learn anything.. That is not true, they must of been doing it wrong. I'm in the outreach program and it is pretty easy on all of the assignments because they basically give you a word for word guide but on the end of course tests its a little harder. I have learned alot and am so thankfull i found this school. My parents and everyone is also so proud of me because i wasnt doing too good in school and started thinking of dropping out. I paid for the school by myself and i am about to graduate! This school is amazing and easy but if you want to learn you can.

Posted May 4, 2010

Terrible school. The exams are really easy, and you do not learn anything. 4 year Colleges are not accepting me due to the fact that I have an unaccredited high school diploma from continental academy.

Posted April 26, 2010

I love continental academy,,, I give it 4.5 stars... I love the fact that it is work at your own pace... it is also one of the few programs i tried that was not religious and it also was challenging with out making you feel like an idiot... It was inexpensive especially since you got a legitimate and well orgainized programs...I get my diploma in just a few weeks and I am glad it is from continental...I wish I didn't have to go through so many programs to find this one....

Posted March 20, 2010

Hi I'm a student living in the state of Minnesota and am currently attenting 'Continental Academy' to complete my high school diploma and not a GED. I highly recommend Continental Academy to those who want to finish high school and walk away with an accredited high school diploma. I will soon get done with Continental Academy and then walk away with my accredited high school diploma.

Posted March 16, 2010

Hi Im a student of continental academy and this school is very great if you want a highschool diploma. this school is very understanding and easy but i was more confused with the math part.but other than that i love it and i will be graduating in a month or 2..

Posted March 10, 2010

It is a really good online school. It was easy, but i struggle with math. They don't teach too much though.

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Language learning

Associations
  • NCACS
Fax number
  • (954) 538-0425

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Independent Study
  • Virtual school
Foreign languages taught

Foreign languages spoken by staff
Transportation options
  • None

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code
  • Parents and community are supportive of efforts of people over 18 striving to graduate from high school.

Apply now