Coral Gables, FL

Posted October 13, 2014
Horrible, horrible, horrible, top to bottom. I am assuming that all of the five star reviews are either from employees of the school or parents that have never had any experience with other school systems.

Coral Gables Preparatory Academy 4

Posted October 03, 2014
I am at my third year now at CGPA and I can honestly say that it is a great school! The curriculum is amazing at the teachers are excellent! Its great that the school is small and everybody knows each other. The only problems are that the security officers are very strict and the principal is horrible!! The vice principal at the middle campus drives me crazy!! The best vice principal to contact would be the one for the elementary campus, she's a saint. I am taking honors classes and I can honestly say, that, thanks to my teachers, I am keeping up with the curriculum and thanks to them, I got a high score on my Algebra 1 Honors EOC last year. I highly suggest you apply your child to this school. Sure, it has it's flaws, but doesn't every school??

Posted September 21, 2014
Note: I'm writing a review mainly about the middle school experience at Gables K-8 I went to this school from Kindergarten all the way through 8th grade. Let me tell you guys something... I've been wanting to leave that school since 7th grade! It got to the point where I was crying almost every night. Sooo many rude people that don't care about what you have to say, almost no teachers taught at the school, horrible students that made others feel bad in the meanest ways possible, etc. I only had several TRUE friends at gables though... I'm so happy I left! At the moment, I'm in high school (not going to say where due to security reasons) and I can wake up every morning and ACTUALLY looking forward to going to school. I love ALL my teachers, I LOVE all my new FRIENDS, the campus is beautiful, etc. If you want to have a good middle school experience, go ANYWHERE else that isn't Gables K-8!

Posted September 12, 2014
The worst principle ever! Nobody like her and she doesn't care. She has her job because of her husband.

Posted June 25, 2014
To the parent who posted on May 23, 2014: my son is attending another after care one block away, on Douglas Rd, and they are amazing.

Coral Gables Preparatory Academy 2

Posted May 23, 2014
This school has a terrible aftercare program, they do nothing with the children and they are unsupervised. The aftercare is run terrible

Posted April 24, 2014
My son had been bullied all of last year and the beginning of this year and nobody did anything about it! He got to the point where he was not eating. To make matters worse the counselor ridiculed him in front of the bully. The principle runs the school like a dictatorship. She is rude to everyone including the parents. This principle is where she is because her husband is a lobbyist for the school board. I thank GD everyday that my son and daughter were excepted into SOMI Academy! YES, I pulled them out as fast as possible and now they are thriving and HAPPY!!! the principle's last words to me me were "I just have to let you know that once you children leave, it is very hard to come back." I'll never forget those evil words. Yes, They make sure they get the "scores" they need but nobody is truly happy. I want my kids to be HAPPY no matter what. They are now!

Posted October 16, 2013
This school provides an outstanding educational experience for our students. We have an accelerated academic program that is unmatched in the district with a higher percentage of our 7th graders taking the Algebra I high school course and of our 8th graders taking the high school Geometry course than any other school in the area. Only our regular program students take the FCAT for math; 48% of our 7th graders took the Algebra I EOC exam instead. The small school size insures that no student is left out or left behind, and we have very few discipline issues. My colleagues are topnotch--many were school and curriculum leaders before coming to CGPA and have been recognized by the district and state for superior curriculum development, delivery, and assessment. Overall, we provide a unique and high-quality preparatory experience for our middle school students as our numerous former students who are now enrolled in some of the top magnet high school programs in the district will attest.

Posted August 02, 2013
This is a superb school where students thrive at every level. I have two children enrolled in CGPA and every year has been a wonderful experience in every sense. The teachers are professionals who are caring and encouraging.

Posted August 02, 2013
My son starts on 6th grade and in this year he has improve a lot in reading and math. I like the school, the discipline. Good teachers, I hope this year will go better!!

Coral Gables Preparatory Academy
105 Minorca Avenue, Coral Gables, FL  33134
Last modified Coral Gables Preparatory Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coral Gables Preparatory Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top