George Washington Carver Middle School 2

Posted September 18, 2014
I drive my children nearly TWO HOURS in rush hour traffic each morning to get them to Carver--a monumental sacrifice--just because I'm adamant about the value of a good education. I just don't have a good, fuzzy feeling about this school. They care about their "A" and their reputation, but not necessarily about what the children or families need. Because it's a Magnet program, I cannot transfer them to another school, unless I put them at their local middle school, which is NOT a choice. So, I'm stuck with Carver. I'm looking into private schools. I'm SO, SO, SO disappointed.

Posted June 12, 2014
This is a magnet school with advanced level for each class. My son is a 7th grader in IE French program and mastered the language in two years thanks to his teachers and self motivation to learn French. He had excellent teachers in French, Science, World History, Gifted, and Algebra. The school provides the opportunity to advance further into math and science if the student passes a test. I strongly recommend this school for kids who get bored in regular classes and are willing to learn/improve a second language (French/Spanish/Italian/German).

George Washington Carver Middle School 2

Posted June 03, 2014
i'm a sixth grader and some of my teachers did not help and would call us names and scream at us. Overall 2 out of 10

Posted December 01, 2013
I'm currently an 8th grade student at Carver Middle. It was the best decision I could've made. In all three years that i've been here they prepare for highschool. We do get a lot of homework but in the long run it's worth it! I highly reccommend this school to any one applying to this school. The teachers care so much about an education. I've had some classmates throw away this opportunity from doing things they aren't supposed to and they made a big mistake. And if you love sports Carver offers a great athletic program. When i leave this school i'll remember it forever.

Posted July 26, 2013
George Washington Carver Middle School is amazing! My daughter loves it. As a parent, I am so impressed with their academics and athletics programs. The German program is superb!

Posted July 15, 2013
I'm a student who just graduated carver and I have to say going to carver was the best decision I've ever made In my life. I have made the best friend ships with students and even teachers and administrators and the security guards! There was little to no bulling in all my 3 years which is amazing and everyone was friends with everyone of course there were many different social groups but at the end of the day all the students were very respectful. You could tell that the kids came from good and loving homes and it was a perfect learning environment as well. Carver is very challenging, rigorous and there are hours of home work but in the long run it definitely pays off. If you are even thinking about sending your kid to carver do it and I know for a fact you won't regret it. If they make it through 6th grade they're good. Don't let them quit before then! I will remember this school forever and how wonderful it was the carver family is an amazing one!!!

Posted May 27, 2013
My son is graduating from Carver this year and I have nothing but praise but it's administration and teachers. There has been a couple of bumps along the road but I can say that it provides and excellent academic and social environment for any child. Carver is at the top for academics and encourages children to learn in the most creative way.

George Washington Carver Middle School 4

Posted January 02, 2011
I am currently a junior in high school and I have to say I think Carver prepared me extremely well for the workload this year. I go to a private school where a lot of the kids were babied from grades 6-8 and now have no idea how to handle the heavier workload - I was well prepared. I had some amazing teachers at Carver, but I also had some terrible ones - you have to get lucky to get the good ones. I was in the IE Spanish program and every year I had one great spanish teacher and one really bad spanish teacher, so I was always learning what I needed to know one way or the other. The principal is arrogant and not the greatest, and the administrators in general were disliked by the student community, but they did their jobs ok. I also appreciated the fact that there was no lack of diversity at Carver... a lot of kids at my private school have been living in a bubble for their entire lives, which I can say was definitely not the case at Carver: there were kids from every background imaginable, and though there were some who were cliquey, there is definitely a social group for everyone.

George Washington Carver Middle School 3

Posted November 19, 2010
I am a student now in 7th grade spanish program and i think that even tho everyother person says this school is excellent, i believe its okay from my experience. The principal makes a big deal out of uniform and some of the parents even thought that. There is a lot of stress and I am very tired; sleeping around 11 oclock at night. Even though, they say that the homework isnt supposed to be a lot and that ur supposed to sleep at 9 or so oclock (in the agenda). If you put ur child in this school, ur child will be influenced (changing their look). In the Student Code of Conduct, it states that you cannot hug or show any "affection" to your peers and look at what the student do all the time? I believe that i only went to this school so i can go to a good highschool.

Posted May 15, 2010
This school has been ALL that I expected and more! My daughter is in 8th grade IS French and now she is fluent in three languages Spanish, English and French. Great teachers, great academics and leadership. I wish they had a high school......Unfortunately, my daughter was placed in waiting list in MAST and Coral Reef HS/IB Programme so we have enrolled her in La Salle, which I hope will give her the same quality education. I recommend this school to every student that wants to attend a good high school and a good university. Good luck!

George Washington Carver Middle School
4901 Lincoln Drive, Coral Gables, FL  33133
Last modified George Washington Carver Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Washington Carver Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top