Coral Gables, FL

George Washington Carver Middle School 3

Posted June 02, 2015
The level of the school is average, but the installations are not that good to be honest, could improve a lot

Posted May 10, 2015
All comments are relative to the individual child and family. I have had had two children educated by Carver....my first child had not gone through Sunset first so struggled with friends but the three years prepared her for the IB Program at Coral Reef High School.My second child thoroughly enjoyed Sunset Elementary and seems to be involved and doing well academically at Carver. She has become self reliant with a strong sense of her own opinion - thanks to the great Civics teacher this year. This is a great school if your child is bright and disciplined. The educators are lying the foundation for high school and college - a subject topic that is relevant as the students on the IS language program will take an AP exam in 8th grade.

Posted April 08, 2015
Amazing Academics. If your child gets in, don't even think about it. Best middle school in Miami!

George Washington Carver Middle School 3

Posted December 07, 2014
This is the perfect school for the people that doesn't have a family life. I totally agree with Natalia. This school is overwhelming with the homework, to the point that is ridiculous since,It is proven that excessive homework doesn't make a kid smarter. I also agree that, if you compare Carver or Sunset Elementary with the rest of the schools from Miami, both schools will be outstanding but I would like both schools to be compared with other schools north of Fort Lauderdale. I am sure that up north, there are schools much better than both of them . They can brag in Miami because the rest of the schools are super bad.If you want a school to ruin your family life and give extra unnecessary stress to your kids, Carver and Sunset Elementary are the right schools for you. To my understanding, they do not do that much work in school and then send all the work to be done at home. It will be much better to do home schooling. Home schooling can take you around 3 hours daily. At Carver the daily homework can take from 4 to 5 hours daily plus the 7 hours that the kids spend at school. To me this is child abuse and I don't understand how this has been allowed for so many years.

George Washington Carver Middle School 2

Posted September 18, 2014
I drive my children nearly TWO HOURS in rush hour traffic each morning to get them to Carver--a monumental sacrifice--just because I'm adamant about the value of a good education. I just don't have a good, fuzzy feeling about this school. They care about their "A" and their reputation, but not necessarily about what the children or families need. Because it's a Magnet program, I cannot transfer them to another school, unless I put them at their local middle school, which is NOT a choice. So, I'm stuck with Carver. I'm looking into private schools. I'm SO, SO, SO disappointed.

Posted June 12, 2014
This is a magnet school with advanced level for each class. My son is a 7th grader in IE French program and mastered the language in two years thanks to his teachers and self motivation to learn French. He had excellent teachers in French, Science, World History, Gifted, and Algebra. The school provides the opportunity to advance further into math and science if the student passes a test. I strongly recommend this school for kids who get bored in regular classes and are willing to learn/improve a second language (French/Spanish/Italian/German).

George Washington Carver Middle School 2

Posted June 03, 2014
i'm a sixth grader and some of my teachers did not help and would call us names and scream at us. Overall 2 out of 10

Posted December 01, 2013
I'm currently an 8th grade student at Carver Middle. It was the best decision I could've made. In all three years that i've been here they prepare for highschool. We do get a lot of homework but in the long run it's worth it! I highly reccommend this school to any one applying to this school. The teachers care so much about an education. I've had some classmates throw away this opportunity from doing things they aren't supposed to and they made a big mistake. And if you love sports Carver offers a great athletic program. When i leave this school i'll remember it forever.

Posted July 26, 2013
George Washington Carver Middle School is amazing! My daughter loves it. As a parent, I am so impressed with their academics and athletics programs. The German program is superb!

Posted July 15, 2013
I'm a student who just graduated carver and I have to say going to carver was the best decision I've ever made In my life. I have made the best friend ships with students and even teachers and administrators and the security guards! There was little to no bulling in all my 3 years which is amazing and everyone was friends with everyone of course there were many different social groups but at the end of the day all the students were very respectful. You could tell that the kids came from good and loving homes and it was a perfect learning environment as well. Carver is very challenging, rigorous and there are hours of home work but in the long run it definitely pays off. If you are even thinking about sending your kid to carver do it and I know for a fact you won't regret it. If they make it through 6th grade they're good. Don't let them quit before then! I will remember this school forever and how wonderful it was the carver family is an amazing one!!!

George Washington Carver Middle School
4901 Lincoln Drive, Coral Gables, FL  33133
Last modified George Washington Carver Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Washington Carver Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top