Coral Gables Senior High School 2

Posted October 10, 2014
The are some good teachers but way too many students. There are lots of resources for the IB program but the rest of the students, especially the non achievers are neglected. Even if it is a magnet IB school, all students need to be challenged. Another regular non charter high school needs to open in the area so there will be less students at CGHS. Also, stressing good English grammar will help the students later on in college, more than speaking Spanish. One teacher even teaches part of the class in Spanish. even though it is not a bilingual class.

Coral Gables Senior High School 1

Posted September 14, 2014
Horrible across the board-/ AVOID! Look at FCAT scores with an average of 50% operating below grade level standards-- that speaks for itself.

Posted August 13, 2014
In response to the parent that posted a comment on Aug 12th about Gables not being "Great" anymore. Well, it seems to me that perhaps you should find a new school for your child. I'm a proud parent of two Gables graduates. My daughter graduated Class of 2009 and my son just graduated May 2014. This is still a great Public School, yes it's not perfect but it offers great learning and athletic experiences for those who want to take the challenges. I hope you, as a parent are involved with the schools PTSA that has a great group of parents that work really work hard to provide much needed funds. If you're not involved, i suggest you do, it's a great way to find out what's going on with the school and have you voice heard. As for the kids in the attendance office, that's is part of the school's program to introduce students to office work, those students are "Office Aids". Gables is still a GREAT School and, in my opinion, the school doesn't make the students, the students make the school. GO CAVS. Vania Vincent, proud Gables Parent, PTSA Member, former Cavaliers Band Treasurer, former Cavalier Football Booster Club President.

Posted September 27, 2013
Coral Gables senior High School is a great school because it offers many avenues for the kids to succeed later in life. The IB program is an outstanding program.

Posted October 06, 2012
This is my childs first year at Gables and so far we are very happy with the school. I found it to be one of the few High Schools where an adult actually answers the phone. The staff is very attentive and speaks to the kids. My daughter is enjoying the school and clubs. They have all types of programs and activities for the kids. They don't only concentrate on their magnet IB but they also pay attention to the rest of the students. All students have an opportunity at the school. This is what High School is all about. Also the academics is top notch. They have honors, gifted-honors, IP, AP, dual enrollment, etc. When I went to open house, I saw the principal and vice-principal interacting with parents and teachers. The are very proud of their school. She is really enjoying the school. I hope this remains like this for the rest of high school. Also, before school started and I did not know anyone, I emailed a PTA member out of the website, she was great, answered my questions and helped me out. The PTA is great!!!

Posted May 26, 2012
Good teachers always bring forth good professionals, I graduated in 1987 and what I learned during those 3 years has been a great base for my professional life.

Posted March 26, 2012
As a Coral Gables High Alumni I can say that this is an amazing school! Excellent AP/IB/Honors Program. The teachers are great. However, there are some teachers that shouldn't be teaching... they have great programs such as the Gablettes and Cheerleaders. Only downfall is how personal the teachers can get with their students... like, no- its not cool for you too be involved in high school gossip...

Posted February 05, 2012
A great all around school. It is one of the mid-sized ones in Miami and the school is run well. There are some great teachers at Gables (not all are, but there will be bad teachers at every singe school). Most of the teachers are caring and knowledgable and wonderful to work with. The new administration does a great job of running the school. Teachers have academic freedom and there is not the over-focusing on testing that you find at some schools. The students are generally well behaved and follow the rules. IB/AP/Honors program is awesome! I love working here and have happily done so for 5 wonderful years.

Coral Gables Senior High School 2

Posted November 10, 2010
2 stars - Recently my son had his cell phone stolen. The administration behaved quite apathetic about the whole incident and almost seemed to not want to do anything about it. I e-mailed the principal who never responded. My son's father got a response after a pressing e-mail, however again, the principal never followed through. This is simply unacceptable.

Posted August 25, 2010
Coral Gables is still the best school in Miami ! And with a Primo IB Program, and the best Advanced Placement program in Miami as well. The teachers are very involved and committed. Excellent Security as well. I only wish they offered more computer courses--but they only have One computer teacher.

Coral Gables Senior High School
450 Bird Road, Coral Gables, FL  33146
Last modified Coral Gables Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coral Gables Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top