Imagine Charter School Of Broward

Charter | K-5 | 660 students

Posted October 6, 2010

I totally agree with the recent reviews regarding the disappointments of parents towards the changes that have been made in this school under the direction of the new Principle. Last year, it was great due to the involvement of the whole staff, the reason why I decided to change my kids to this school. This year they put a middle school there, however the building is not large enough to fit the increased number of students. Not mentioned the small parking lot and horrible traffic during dismissal! And where is the principal now ? In an extended European vacation, while the rest of the staff are trying to run the school with problems and unsatisfied parents! The PTO lacks fund to support some educational programs and poor initiative to resolve problems.The teachers are great though , they deserve all the credit and also the parents who have volunteered in various programs!

Posted October 4, 2010

This is my 1st year here and I did not meet or know who the principal was for the first month. That's not good. She should be more approachable and greet people as they come in and also the adminstrative staff are very rude and unwelcoming. The parents and the children are the ones that make up the school and therefore should be treated better. I know that some parents can be a pain but deal with it as it comes and do not put everyone in the same category. The pick up and drop off situation has to be addressed immmediately. Children should not seat outside in the hot sun (winter is coming soon too) for 20 to 30mins waiting to be picked up. There has to be another way to do this.

Posted September 22, 2010

My second yr. here, new administrative staff is unwelcoming, cold, seem uncaring, short tempered. All what you don't want your school environment to feel like, they don't care, thanks to the poor lidership and lack of judgment from thecharter regional Management. The past principal (Mr. Sawyer) he was really great, I'm not taking my kids out just because they has 3 wonderful teachers. 5 starts for the teachers

Posted September 17, 2010

My second yr. here, new administrative staff is unwelcoming, cold, seem uncaring, short tempered. All what you don't want your school environment to feel like, they have it now, thanks to the poor hiring choices from management. The former/past principal (Mr. Sawyer) and administrative staff (Cheryl etc.) provided a welcoming, "open door" feeling to everyone, which is a vital element in the overall learning/school/community environment. The pick up situation is a nightmare, especially if your child is in the red wing, and has to sit on the hot weather on the sidewalk, waiting to be picked up. Oh, not to forget that dismissal is at three and some parents arrive at around 1;45PM just sitting there in their car to try address this. With students out so long in the heat/sun with no shade it is a health hazard and obviously Management doesn't care, nothing has been done.

Posted September 10, 2010

This school used to be an amazing school with a great principal who cared about the children, parents and staff. Previously, I would highly recommend it to everyone I knew - Now, I discourage discussion about the school. The new principal is awful. She has no feelings of compassion towards the kids, she is condesending to the staff and at this point many of the parents want her gone. It is a shame when children no longer want to go to a school that they so much enjoyed for two years. Where life becomes a constant battle. And where you feel as though you are no longer a part of a family (that which Imagine was built on) but rather just a number in a a business.

Posted August 19, 2010

My child passed the FCAT, so I believe it's up to the parents to work with their kids, and to communicate with the teachers. This is a great school. The new principal is amazing and they have all been working hard, since it opened.

Posted August 14, 2010

My child hasn t got to the point of FCAT yet, but I think as parents we should read the signs that take to a possible 'failure'. If we seat with them everyday through homework and talk to find out if there is anything they find difficult, you can tell if they need more help or not. We should be attempt to that, and if there is an issue, address it to the school and teachers. We can't wait until the end of the year to complain that our kids failed a test. Our involvement is at essential. Teachers on the other hand need to be more proactive and call for conferences from the moment they notice the child is not improving. It's a collectively effort. We all need to be part of the process so our children can succeed. Hopefully we all learn from that.

Posted August 8, 2010

FCAT's are in and my daughter failed!!! We are absolutely horrified. We knew things weren't going so well through the school year, 3rd grade, but she has friends and we didn't want to upset her with a move. Well, we should have followed our instincts. She will be going back to Country Hills and she is doing 3rd grade all over again. She'll probably have needed to because I have this feeling that she wasn't where she should have been. Very sad situation. Think about education, we thought about her emotions. Big mistake.

Posted May 27, 2010

Well the 3rd grade FCAT scores were released today and surprise surprise the percentage of Imagine students that passed the reading test (69%) was lower than the Broward County average (72%). Imagine barely beat the county in math: 82% vs. 80%. It's great that the students are excited to go to school and the parents feel all warm and fuzzy about the experience but what about the education? You can't possibly believe your child is getting a fabulous education by watching TV and completing worksheets day in and day out. Unfortunately the ones to suffer your ignorance will be your children. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

Posted May 14, 2010

I absolutely LOVE working here. My co-workers are dedicated, caring professionals who support each other. The children are happy here and I find at the end of the day, they never want to leave. They are having fun while they learn. My class parents are wonderful and supporting of the children and their classes. Teachers are treated as professionals and their input in helping to govern the school is valued and sought out by Administration and parents. I am so happy that I left the public system to be a part of this school!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 13, 2010

The Imagine Charter School at Broward opened last year, and no one knew if it would stay open, much less succeed as much as it has. The teachers, administration, families, and most importantly, the students, make this school an amazing place to be. The principal and his staff go above and beyond to make sure that the children are learning and that they are happy coming to school every day--which is the most important thing. I love Imagine Broward and I'm so happy my children can call it their school!

Posted May 10, 2010

Imagine at Broward is the greatest school. Way better than the A school my children are zoned for. The people who are complaining need to educate themselves to learn how children learn best. Then, if you are still not happy, you should take your child to another school and stop complaining about this one. Public schools should learn from Imagine! Our education system would be so much better off!

Posted May 10, 2010

I highly recommend Imagine Charter School at Broward for anyone looking for a school with a great principal and loving teachers. This is the second year my children have been enrolled at Imagine and I couldn't be happier. I've told tons of people about the best kept secret in Coral Springs and they are trying to get in for next year. Unfortunately they are on the waiting list. Anyone who is complaining about Imagine on this website should take their children elsewhere so everyone who wants to be here can get in! My children have learned so much and are far more knowledgeable than their friends who are not at Imagine.

Posted May 7, 2010

I think it's great people are happy with this school, but having been here my first hand experience is that most of the positive ratings on this site are from parents who like a daycare rather than a school or they are school employees trying to artificially inflate the ratings. Be warned, the school administration does NOT want to hear any bad news; that is shunned. As for Project CHILD - great stuff, it's implemented so poorly at this school though it does CHILD a disservice.

Posted May 5, 2010

If EDUCATION is your focus, Imagine is NOT for you. We *chose* this school because of the unique instructional methods touted at Open House. The school has not followed through on those promises. They do NOT differentiate instruction based on each student's needs. Teachers use a one-size-fits-all approach. My child watches TV in the classroom AT LEAST once a week and watched hours of fluff programming during the holidays (Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown) instead of planned instruction. Teachers do not read-aloud or suggest vocabulary-rich literature. In reading, readers of all levels are given the same reading selections and assignments. Math homework is careless, vague and irregular, and a fair indication of classroom instruction. Children complete fill-the-blank worksheets in writing vs. frequent opportunities for unbridled writing. Instead of hands-on science labs children sit glassy-eyed in front of Magic School Bus episodes. Be warned: this school is NOT focused on setting or achieving high academics goals.

Posted April 26, 2010

I had my son there for 4th grade. The teachers really don't teach, the project CHILD is a joke...they move kids from station to station to do meaningless tasks...write in their passport and tell how they felt about the task. BORING. There is no classroom instruction, no one standing at a board instructing a class or teaching. No one standing over a child, making sure they are completing the work. Not good. Yes, some children will enjoy this type of teaching, but to allow 3rd graders and 4th graders to complete their 'passport' on their own, with little or no teacher involvement in absurd. ESE involvement is slim to none. Not enough people working on staff. The classrooms are mixed with 3rd, 4th and 5th graders, in the 'cluster'. Lunch was $5 a day. My son is back in a public school that is 1000% better.

Posted April 11, 2010

School is disorganized and FCAT scores are average and below. Does not offer anything for above average students. Behind public schools

Posted March 10, 2010

We moved our son this year from a private to Imagine Charter because of the Principal leadership. He fosters an atmosphere of cooperation, respect, and leadership. He is genuine in caring for our children and fostering the best learning environment. My son loves the school and the environment. The teachers are open and receptive and provide my son with a great learning experience. Our attendance here is by choice. If any parent or child finds that they are not satisfied or the school does not meet their needs, other options are available. They were for us and we are so grateful that we made the move.

Posted March 9, 2010

We love Imagine Charter!!! Our Principal is very involed in all parts of our school, that might mean he sometimes has to wipe down tables or he might be be directing traffic, but to me that is a sign of a great principal because he is willing to do whatever he has to do for his school and his students. Charter schools are parent volunteer based so when we do not have enough parents he steps in and gets the jobs done. We have more than doubled our enrollment from our first year, that says alot to me!!! My child loves her school and her teachers and so do we!!!!

Posted March 9, 2010

Imagine Charter at Broward is my choice for my child. We all make choices! My child has been there since the beginning. it's amazing to see the growth, not only in the students, but in the parents and teachers. We have all learned together. The teachers and staff have an open door policy. I am an involved parent and the PTO has always welcomed parent suggestions and help. The school has acommplished a lot in only a year and a half. With all of Broward County School cuts, Imagine at Broward has managed to keep the great learning enviroment for our children without losing the personal touch.. It's not without challenges, as all schools are at this time in our country, but we continue to strive for excellence. My Middle schooler still speaks about her experience at Imagine with excitement. I continue to choose to be at Imagine Charter at Broward.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

91 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

91 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

156 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

156 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

157 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

88 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "B".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

9001 Westview Drive