Coral Springs, FL

Center Academy 3

Posted April 29, 2015
I agree with the other parent about this school not being for everyone. My kid went there and we had to take them out. When you're paying as much as you do for this school, you expect so much more than it offers. Also, not a whole lot of hands on learning going on. The teachers, whom are very nice don't get me wrong, are just putting on videos for them to watch. I'm not paying for my kid to watch a video all day long. Not what we signed up for.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 20, 2015
My son was struggling in middle school. He could not keep up academically and he was overwhelmed with anxiety. He would come home from school and do homework until 11:00 at night. I knew I had to do something to help him quickly. I had researched private schools before and didn't have much luck. I started researching again and found Center Academy. I spoke with Mrs. Cooper for 10 minutes and set up an interview. I knew 5 minutes into the interview that I found the perfect place for my son. I got very emotional on my way home, that I cried. I just felt so relieved and I had hope again that my son would be happy again. He is now in his 2nd year and it has changed his life. He has made some great friends and loves going to school. He found a place that he fits in!! His grades have improved greatly. The teachers are patient and take the time to help him when he needs it, so hes not afraid to ask for help. I love Center Academy.

Posted March 29, 2015
Center Academy was the best change I ever made for myself. I graduated in 2014. If I did not attend this school I would not be were I am today in college and passing all my classes. The school is like family. Everyone is kind and friendly. It's overall the best experience I ever had. Public school was not for me. I could not pass the FCAT and socially I was not happy. Mrs. Cooper is an amazing person and is involved and on top of everything going on. The staff is outstanding and I want everyone to know how this school can really make a difference. -ilissa

Posted March 23, 2015
I love Center Academy I love teachers and everybody help children to develop I love Mrs. Cooper she really made big different Everybody I talked Doctors they feel the same. Thank you

Posted February 10, 2015
Center Academy is a fantastic school that is sensitive to the child s individual needs. The school goes above and beyond to develop my child s strengths (they even purchased more advanced books specifically for him) and work hard with him to overcome his weaknesses. They focus not only on the curriculum for each child, but also on the emotional, physical and social well-being. The teachers and Ms. Cooper are amazing. This school provides the perfect setting for my child to have a positive school experience.

Center Academy 1

Posted February 09, 2015
Very disappointed. Be very careful when choosing this school. It is not for everyone. There are a few things that are alarming about this school. Safety is one of them. Also, it is very hard for students to learn given the environment. I've been told this by several different students of it being hard to learn when there are students who have more severe disabilities that are constantly shouting out. If you're looking for a good school, sorry this isn't one I'd recommend.
5 people found this helpful

Posted December 16, 2014
Wish I could give more stars. Center Academy in Coral Springs understands my daughters challenges. Unlike Public school happy to let her waste away. Center Academy understands what it takes to teach a child with cognitive and AD challenges. She enjoys school, and is now reading on grade level and understanding math too. Her self esteem is sky high. She is getting A's and B's in algebra :) The Principal is very involved too.

Posted October 27, 2014
Great for my son learning math finally, the teacher are so caring about my son education very greatful for this school

Posted June 02, 2014
My son just graduated from Center Academy. 2 years ago we were getting hopeless. He was failing in public school. We found out he had a slight processing disorder and public school was just overwhelming for him. Center Academy was a life saver. He graduated with all A's & B's and is very excited about going to college.

Posted May 22, 2014
Center Academy has been a true blessing for my son, Michael. Michael Began Center Academy 2 years ago, after failing at 2 other high schools. This May, 2014, He is graduating! Before he began Center Academy, we were afraid he would never graduate from high school. He has become a confident, goal oriented, young man and I attribute that to the nurturing and positive environment we found at Center Academy. Mrs. Cooper, the director, and Mr. Nelson, his primary teacher, have been wonderfully supportive and without them I do not think he would be where he is today. I am so proud of him and so happy with Center Academy!!

Center Academy