Coral Springs, FL

Posted March 29, 2015
Center Academy was the best change I ever made for myself. I graduated in 2014. If I did not attend this school I would not be were I am today in college and passing all my classes. The school is like family. Everyone is kind and friendly. It's overall the best experience I ever had. Public school was not for me. I could not pass the FCAT and socially I was not happy. Mrs. Cooper is an amazing person and is involved and on top of everything going on. The staff is outstanding and I want everyone to know how this school can really make a difference. -ilissa

Posted March 23, 2015
I love Center Academy I love teachers and everybody help children to develop I love Mrs. Cooper she really made big different Everybody I talked Doctors they feel the same. Thank you

Posted February 10, 2015
Center Academy is a fantastic school that is sensitive to the child s individual needs. The school goes above and beyond to develop my child s strengths (they even purchased more advanced books specifically for him) and work hard with him to overcome his weaknesses. They focus not only on the curriculum for each child, but also on the emotional, physical and social well-being. The teachers and Ms. Cooper are amazing. This school provides the perfect setting for my child to have a positive school experience.

Center Academy 1

Posted February 09, 2015
Very disappointed. Be very careful when choosing this school. It is not for everyone. There are a few things that are alarming about this school. Safety is one of them. Also, it is very hard for students to learn given the environment. I've been told this by several different students of it being hard to learn when there are students who have more severe disabilities that are constantly shouting out. If you're looking for a good school, sorry this isn't one I'd recommend.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 16, 2014
Wish I could give more stars. Center Academy in Coral Springs understands my daughters challenges. Unlike Public school happy to let her waste away. Center Academy understands what it takes to teach a child with cognitive and AD challenges. She enjoys school, and is now reading on grade level and understanding math too. Her self esteem is sky high. She is getting A's and B's in algebra :) The Principal is very involved too.

Posted October 27, 2014
Great for my son learning math finally, the teacher are so caring about my son education very greatful for this school

Posted June 02, 2014
My son just graduated from Center Academy. 2 years ago we were getting hopeless. He was failing in public school. We found out he had a slight processing disorder and public school was just overwhelming for him. Center Academy was a life saver. He graduated with all A's & B's and is very excited about going to college.

Posted May 22, 2014
Center Academy has been a true blessing for my son, Michael. Michael Began Center Academy 2 years ago, after failing at 2 other high schools. This May, 2014, He is graduating! Before he began Center Academy, we were afraid he would never graduate from high school. He has become a confident, goal oriented, young man and I attribute that to the nurturing and positive environment we found at Center Academy. Mrs. Cooper, the director, and Mr. Nelson, his primary teacher, have been wonderfully supportive and without them I do not think he would be where he is today. I am so proud of him and so happy with Center Academy!!

Center Academy 4

Posted May 02, 2014
An interesting setting designed to assist special needs children. I would recommend this school for children who are unable to keep up in the regular school system.

Posted April 24, 2014
Second to none for us! To begin with Mrs. Cooper, the school's Director/Principal "gets" our kids. She has bent over backwards for my son & my family :) The teacher's are extremely patient & kind yet at the same time, consistent & great educators. My son, like most, has very strong points & some weak. Reading,Spelling, Vocabulary are easy for him, as he loves it! Math is another story. The complexity, multisteps, & his lack of interest in this subject have taken a toll on him (and me) in the past. Not anymore:) He said, "Mom, you know the fractions I was struggling for months to understand ( at his prior A rated, top FCAT rated school ) to add, subtract, multiply them?" Well, he said to me, " I learned it all in one day from my teacher at Center Academy!!" Not to say the prior school didn't try but, Center Academy accomplished. I drive, on average, roundtrip to & from this school 3 hrs. a day. Why? Because this school is so worth it. Thank you Center Academy!!

Center Academy