School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We are currently enrolling for the 2015-16 school year. Please contact the school office for a tour. Many classes are full as class size in limited. Summer camp is almost full! We have openings in select grades. Students who have completed Kindergarten-5th grade are eligible to attend camp. Middle School students may apply as Junior Camp Counselors.
April 27, 2015

Parkridge Christian Academy 1

Posted May 27, 2015
I am saddened at the lack of leadership from the school. I am always overhearing teachers complain. No one seems happy there.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted April 27, 2015

Parkridge Christian Academy 3

Posted March 19, 2015
I have 2 children at this school who will not be returning next year. I am not going to attack or say anything negative about a particular person or event but will say many issues have come up and have not been handled with any urgency. Even speaking about the incidents on several occasions there was a feeling I was just being told what they thought I wanted to hear. As far as the comments below, yes, the teachers are loving but ALL teachers everywhere work after hours and do extra for their students. That should be a given at a christian school that accepts children with exceptionalities. I also know reading below this was a direct response to a particular situation with one family and child. I am saddened a christian school would use this forum to lash out against what should have been a private conversation. That does show me gossip is rapid. Last I checked the God I serve would not find the behavior or responses very Christ like. I am leaving the school because there is no library,sports, media center, second language classes, or much of a PE. God is important but so are all the things the do not offer.

Posted March 14, 2015
I teach at Parkridge Christian Academy and I can assure you, none of us are sitting around complaining about our principal and we are not running blind in regards to teaching! The teachers, administration, and staff are DEDICATED each and every day to providing a strong academic and Christ honoring environment. Why do we do it every day? Very simple...we ALL love the Lord and we ALL love these children like they were our own. I have taught there for 3 years and all 3 of my children attend and I could not ask for a more nurturing, God-fearing, God-loving environment. PCA has educated my children academically and most importantly, spiritually. Teachers, administration, and staff have loved on my children, guided and directed them, and disciplined them appropriately when they needed it! I could not possible put into words how special this place is to me. If you are looking for a school that nurtures the WHOLE child...then I highly recommend Parkridge Christian Academy! Go Panthers!!!!!

Posted March 14, 2015
I have taught at Parkridge for five years and can say that I have not encountered a more dedicated and caring group of teachers in my 15 years of teaching. The teachers care deeply about each student, both academically and spiritually, and go above and beyond to meet individual needs. They spend hours outside the classroom preparing materials they think will best meet the needs of different learning styles. They pray regularly for their students, and teach them about the grace and love of Christ. Our students forge lasting relationships with the faculty and other students. In response to a comment about lack of guidance, I can say that our principal does indeed offer guidance and support to her staff. She has an open door policy and always stops what she is working on to listen. There are twice weekly grade-level staff meetings, and a monthly school-wide staff meeting. No school is perfect, and there is always room for improvement. Parkridge is dedicated to improving regularly. The administration asks for candid responses from teachers on what they think works and does not work at PCA, and they listen. Great small school with personalized attention!
4 people found this helpful

Parkridge Christian Academy 2

Posted February 02, 2015
This once was a great school. It no longer is. The teachers sit around complaining because there is no leadership or direction. They do their best but are running blind. The numbers keep falling every year and yet there has been no wake up call. Meeting after meeting and nothing gets done. A school cannot function with a principal who is part time at best and a secretary.The principal makes promises and does not follow through. This school once was a gold mine and it has been run straight into the ground. Look at other school's the mass exit every year is proof this is not a place for children.

Parkridge Christian Academy 1

Posted June 14, 2014
I am so disappointed in the lack of ESE support. If an ESE student fails in multiple subject areas, that just proves the teachers have no support or proper training in making the accommodations needed in the ESE area. The school has A LOT of growing to do.

Parkridge Christian Academy 4

Posted June 04, 2014
When we began this school year for VPK, I was not impressed. However, after a full year of preschool, I must say that this has been a great school with excellent teachers who go above and beyond. They had chapel performances and Mother's day celebrations that were adorable. My child matured and learned very much this year. I am glad we attended a Christian school that focused on the love of Christ. We will miss the teachers as we leave for Kindergarten now.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 24, 2014
From a students point of view regarding middle-school, the teachers go over beyond what's necessary. They are genuinely incredible teachers. I got attention and care in every subject. Any problem I had spiritually, education and friends/family I would have guidance from a Christian point of view. I'm not lying when I say that my teachers are one of a kind, I could see myself still talking to them after I leave. The principal- mrs.wicker - is one of the kindest principals I ever had. She is stunning from the inside out. Mrs.wicker is kind-hearted,loving,interactive and funny(not lying). I feel as if PCA is my other family. The small classes are a huge benefit, they taught me to be more myself. But with all I said, don't assume its a easy free going school(if you know what I mean). It still has discipline and rules/consequence. -a happy student

Posted March 12, 2014
PCA is a GREAT school, it has a very friendly and Christian environment. The teachers are phenomenal, each one of them is outstanding at what they do, the administration is amazing and the principal, Mrs. Wicker is wonderful. My daughter is in 8th grade and her experience at PCA has exceeded all expectations.The teachers are always helping her to reach her full potential academically, socially, spiritually and emotionally through Christian values. We have been part of the PCA Family for 3 years and I'm extremely pleased with the level of education, love and commitment of the teachers and staff.
2 people found this helpful

Parkridge Christian Academy
5600 Coral Ridge Drive, Coral Springs, FL  33076
Last modified Parkridge Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Parkridge Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top