PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Enrollment for the 2016-17 school year will open on March 1, 2016. All prospective students are encouraged attend Family Science Night on Thursday February 25, 2016. All student who tour the campus prior to Family Science Night will receive free tickets for the event. Please contact Julie Rivera for more information at jrivera@parkridgeca.com Selecting a school for your child is an important decision and you have many educational options in the surrounding area. Whether you are a first time parent trying to decide on a preschool for your child or a family exploring Elementary or Middle School options, we are here to serve you through the "information gathering" process and to later assist you through the admissions process if you choose to apply at PCA. PCA is a ministry of Parkridge Church, reaching children 12 months old through 8th grade. PCA seeks to meet students’ individual needs through excellent education while also placing an emphasis on equipping students with skills and knowledge to change the world for Christ. In Proverbs 22:6 it states “Start children off on the way they should go , and even when they are old they will not turn from it.” It is our desire to partner with parents in the development of students spiritually, academically, and socially so that they will think from a biblical worldview as they launch into God’s plan and purpose for their lives. Once again, I thank you for your interest in our program. I know it is a sacrifice to enable our children to attend private school, but I also know the amazing benefits of Christian education. With our ACSI accreditation, newly resurfaced playground, utilization of RenWeb and ParentsWeb which enables homework and progress report viewing, and better communication between the Academy and home, it is clear the Lord’s favor has been upon us. It is my hope that our office will provide the attention, information and support that you need to make one of the most important decisions of a lifetime.
November 29, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted November 29, 2015

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The first teacher she had was ok. The second teacher she had was completely horrible.

Amount of homework: no rating

Does not apply.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm child is too young. child is too young. child is too young

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The teachers and directors are always right and do not listen to valid concerns. They are heavy handed and do not ask for or listen to feedback. They look down on parents and students and they are not even that educated or organized themselves.

When my daughter first started the school, they had a really sweet administrative assistant who knew a lot about the curriculum and cared about the parents relationship with the school. At first my childs teacher seemed pretty nice although she complained about every little thing. The good thing was that she was educated and had a bachelors degree. Over the next few months the really nice administrative assistant left siting "family issues" Her next instructor was horrible. She had an AA degree and her bio says she goes to a "community church" The woman wrote long notes about how my toddler is "oppositional" and said my child is hyper. She was far from a loving, educated christian woman. Anyone in education knows that labeling is wrong without a correct assessment and that negative perceptions on children that young are harmful. The assistant was also very harsh and looked for any negative thing to say about my child. When I told the director she totally sided with the teachers and said no one else said anything about this teacher and she understood if I wanted to leave. Other things to consider: You can only drop off your child until 9:30Am and cannot pick up during naps or visit. They charge the parents for all holidays and take a lot of days off. They do not provide school calenders and as a result my child was not able to participate in many activities they had for the kids. They make you feel like the worse parents on earth with the "feedback" they give and of course it is never their fault. A couple times they said my child had a fever and when she went to the doctor she did not have one...anything to get them out of work.

I am saddened at the lack of leadership from the school. I am always overhearing teachers complain. No one seems happy there.

I have 2 children at this school who will not be returning next year. I am not going to attack or say anything negative about a particular person or event but will say many issues have come up and have not been handled with any urgency. Even speaking about the incidents on several occasions there was a feeling I was just being told what they thought I wanted to hear. As far as the comments below, yes, the teachers are loving but ALL teachers everywhere work after hours and do extra for their students. That should be a given at a christian school that accepts children with exceptionalities. I also know reading below this was a direct response to a particular situation with one family and child. I am saddened a christian school would use this forum to lash out against what should have been a private conversation. That does show me gossip is rapid. Last I checked the God I serve would not find the behavior or responses very Christ like. I am leaving the school because there is no library,sports, media center, second language classes, or much of a PE. God is important but so are all the things the do not offer.

I teach at Parkridge Christian Academy and I can assure you, none of us are sitting around complaining about our principal and we are not running blind in regards to teaching! The teachers, administration, and staff are DEDICATED each and every day to providing a strong academic and Christ honoring environment. Why do we do it every day? Very simple...we ALL love the Lord and we ALL love these children like they were our own. I have taught there for 3 years and all 3 of my children attend and I could not ask for a more nurturing, God-fearing, God-loving environment. PCA has educated my children academically and most importantly, spiritually. Teachers, administration, and staff have loved on my children, guided and directed them, and disciplined them appropriately when they needed it! I could not possible put into words how special this place is to me. If you are looking for a school that nurtures the WHOLE child...then I highly recommend Parkridge Christian Academy! Go Panthers!!!!!

I have taught at Parkridge for five years and can say that I have not encountered a more dedicated and caring group of teachers in my 15 years of teaching. The teachers care deeply about each student, both academically and spiritually, and go above and beyond to meet individual needs. They spend hours outside the classroom preparing materials they think will best meet the needs of different learning styles. They pray regularly for their students, and teach them about the grace and love of Christ. Our students forge lasting relationships with the faculty and other students. In response to a comment about lack of guidance, I can say that our principal does indeed offer guidance and support to her staff. She has an open door policy and always stops what she is working on to listen. There are twice weekly grade-level staff meetings, and a monthly school-wide staff meeting. No school is perfect, and there is always room for improvement. Parkridge is dedicated to improving regularly. The administration asks for candid responses from teachers on what they think works and does not work at PCA, and they listen. Great small school with personalized attention!

This once was a great school. It no longer is. The teachers sit around complaining because there is no leadership or direction. They do their best but are running blind. The numbers keep falling every year and yet there has been no wake up call. Meeting after meeting and nothing gets done. A school cannot function with a principal who is part time at best and a secretary.The principal makes promises and does not follow through. This school once was a gold mine and it has been run straight into the ground. Look at other school's the mass exit every year is proof this is not a place for children.

Last modified Parkridge Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8