No rating

Saint Andrew Catholic School

Private | PK-8 | 250 students

Living in Coral Springs

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $56,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,260.

Sweep tile

Posted Sunday, April 20, 2014

Both my kids study at this school and they both love going there and the school atmosphere is just great which includes the staff and other students

Posted September 8, 2013

Both of my boys attend St. Andrews. Great Staff, and great education academically, morally, and spiritually.

Posted August 31, 2013

Our family has been with St. Andrews for many years. We have a special school because we have a special bond with everyone. Administration is very welcoming and compassionate to all whom visit our school. Our teachers are incredible and teach our kids to reach their potential. They are very firm, but warm and caring teachers. Our school has a variety of specialty classes. We have an ESE program, Sports, Media Center, Spanish, Art, Music , Science Lab, and Special Clubs through our the year. Our Parish and School have mass every Wednesday. We have Early Drop off for parents who work early and Aftercare for parents who work later. We are a different school because we also have our own Chef who makes sure our kids have a nutritional meal. Our parents are great volunteers. The best way to see for yourself is to visit and take a tour. The school speaks for itself.

Posted March 20, 2012

Called main # asking for information on the school, woman said, "this is not a good time" and hung up on me. I will not be calling back.

Posted February 9, 2012

BEST SCHOOL ....SECOND TO NONE!. My family moved here from up north and we couldn't have found a better school to call our home. Our two children have fit right in. This is not a school but a family. The teachers are awesome and so kind, caring, young, energetic and knowledgeable. I love all the afterschool activities for my kids and all the family outings to meet the other families. The Principal is great and he exudes Catholic Values. If you want not just a school but an environment of true faith and Catholic Values, this is for you. I highly recommnd this school to all families.

Posted October 26, 2011

Phenomenal School from top to bottom. The principal is a take charge guy and has done wonders. The teachers are new, young, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and caring Catholic teachers. The students are well behaved and well mannered. The parents are generous and giving. I cannot say enough about the education my children are getting at the school. The curriculum is fully integrated and the technology is the latest for educational classroom. The afterschool enrichment programs are also well rounded and challenging and fun for the kids. This is not a school it is one big family. Stop by and see what everyone is talking about.

Posted March 3, 2011

Five stars!! My two children are thriving at this school. The teachers are excellent, the principal leadership is outstanding and they have a great team with wonderful committed parents. This Catholic school has mass once a week on Wednesday and the children participate in the choir and also serve as lectors and ushers. Science Fair, talent show, television studio, after-school golf program, band, cheerleading, sports, chess club, Latin club, culinary club and more are offered here. There is something for everyone.

Posted February 23, 2011

OK!!! Major overhaul and long over due. For the first time in 5 years there is a sense hope and real change. Catholics acting like catholics. There is true leadership going on and it is inspiring. The school has been going through a rebirth. The school has introduced virtual classrooms and the latest technology. Yes there were some tranisitional problems. I am happy to say those problems were worked out and the children are ingaged academically. The children have both a virtual classroom and a teacher in their classroom to help enrich their learning experience. All advanced math classes are taught by our #1 teacher of the year. Another huge improvement this year is a comprensive recess program was introduced for all grades k-8. The school has made so many improvements and I am proud to send my children to St. Andrew Catholic School. I am also proud to be part of the positive change. God bless our school and our children.

Posted February 21, 2011

Oustanding academics, excellent teachers, loving environment, committed parents and Catholic values make for a winning environment for the children. I'm impressed with the new administration and new teachers. When some of the teachers left to follow their husband's to new jobs in different states, the administration acted quickly to replace them with excellent educators. In addition, the administration was compassionate toward the teachers who wanted to be with their families and let them break their contracts in order to move wtith their husbands. The new teachers got right to work not only teaching excellent academics but sponsoring clubs and helping the children prepare for the science fair. The new language arts teacher sponsored a Latin Club and our children are learning Latin after school. All we had to do was buy the book! My one son is on the track team and is being coached by excellent parent volunteers who were track stars themselves. The commitment of the parents here is phenominal and there is a real family atmosphere.

Posted February 1, 2011

GREAT CARNIVAL..., but horrible school. The school is going to online classes, guess we don't need actual teachers anymore........ IOWA test scores are very very low, enrollment is way down, no structure. School is a joke. They have an advanced math class that is an online program anyone can get into for a small fee, school charges way above that and says it has advanced math....

Posted December 20, 2010

The kids are amazing, but there is something wrong witht he administration when they can't keep teachers. This place is like a revolving door. The administrations seems to keep starting over.

Posted March 19, 2010

This is a our first year at the school and we are very satisfied with the curriculum and the teachers are great. The offer Spanish, Music, and Computer even in Kindergarten. Come join the family at St. Andrew's School.

Posted March 16, 2010

Wow, I just attended their brand new ,latest technology digital classrooms and I can say these will really enhance my children's learning. This is cutting edge education. I am really excited about this and the curriculum attached to it. Definitely a huge positive. Couple that with warm and caring teachers who are so hands on, I can see why my children have always scored extremely high on their IOWA's. Thanks St. Andrew!

Posted February 22, 2010

Two of our three children attend this school and our youngest will start next year. We couldn't ask for a better school for our children. The Catholic enviroment, love, care, disipline and high academic standards along with excellent teachers and staff make this school a wonderful experience for both children and parents.

Posted February 21, 2010

My two children started this year. We have come from another private school and I am amazed at what the school has to offer. The teachers are caring and have really challenged my children. I am glad I made the move. The other parents are real friendly. I would highly reccomend

Posted February 3, 2010

I thought it was a 'big' school. I'm disappointed by the art of teaching, financial pressure received in all kind during every day school, therefore the parents involvement is so high.

Posted January 13, 2010

I have two children that go to St.Andrew & we are very happy. I have seen a noted improvement in leadership & a positive growth in technology that I feel will prepare our children for the future. The music and media programs are great. The teachers & families make the school warm & caring.

Posted January 11, 2010

We love the school and Pre-school! My children are very happy ! Every morning when we drop off our children we have the security that they are in a loving and caring place, and that they are learning and having fun.

Posted December 19, 2009

St. Andrew is a terrific school, which offers both academic and spiritual enrichment. I credit the school with providing a safe and comfortable learning environment for my children. Recent improvements include more emphasis on digital learning with upgraded computer technology.

Posted December 17, 2009

Excellent school with a loving environement and fabulous academics. I have had four children attend here. My two youngest are thriving there now. Clean, excellent facilities and awesome computer classes. The basketball court is a recent addition and is very nice. A nice family school.

Two or more races 9% N/A
Asian 3% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Special education / special needs

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Speech and language impairments

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Core knowledge
  • Honors track
  • Virtual school
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Computer lab
  • Library
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Miami

Performing arts
  • Creative writing
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper