Coral Springs, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted November 17, 2014
I am a parent, new to the school this year in the middle school. We were very nervous about the public middle school, so we brought our child here. We have been incredibly happy with our experience. The staff is incredibly helpful - very concerned about the safety and well-being of the children. There is a strong curriculum based in faith. Lots of clubs and sports activities. Everyone knows the children by name! Wonderful experience and highly recommended!

St Andrew Catholic School 1

Posted November 08, 2014
This school is terrible. Don't let the fact that it's private fool you. The children are being bullied and deprived of self pride by the teachers and faculty. My child is very unhappy in this school and so am I. The teachers believe giving detentions for doing incorrect homework. This is irrational. This makes kids afraid to go back. My child is afraid to back to school because she is afraid of the teachers. I am removing her from the school because I am unsatisfied with this school. The class she's in is very disruptive. She was getting bad grades because if they didn't finish the lesson they would get homework and the test. I do not recommend this school to anyone.
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 26, 2014
I am very happy where St. Andrew Catholic School is. Our family has been there for quite sometime. Our Leadership and Foundation are wonderful. . We are greeted very well everywhere we go. The school offers many programs. The children have mass every Wednesday and Families are welcome. Children are learning both their Faith and Spiritual awareness. We have Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball, and Track. The school also offers and ESE program, we also got presented a Title One and Study Hall that was presented to our children which made a HUGE difference in our house hold. The teachers are quality. We have other wonderful extra classes, Spanish, Media, Art. You have to take a tour and just ask questions. Come visit our school. A plus at our school, we have a Chef who makes quality meals for our children.

St Andrew Catholic School 4

Posted May 20, 2014
I don't normally post reviews on websites but after reading the last person's post, I just had to write something. This is my child's first year at St. Andrew (not St. Andrew's) and we have had a wonderful experience. Interesting contradiction in the last post, attendance is lower yet class sizes are bigger, huh? We toured the school last year and I know enrollment was around 220 students and this year it is 250. We have been to both public and other catholic schools and can't help but be impressed at the behavior of the children, especially when we see middle schoolers greeting us at the front door for special events. The school uses facilities on campus and Mullins Park for athletic events and they are simply wonderful. The administration and office staff have been more than helpful - the principal herself worked for the Archdiocese schools for years before coming on board. This school is a hidden gem in Coral Springs and we couldn't be happier! The previous poster sounds like they have sour grapes.

St Andrew Catholic School 2

Posted May 19, 2014
Unfortunately St Andrews has not been the school we had hoped for. Poor leadership by various prinicpals and the Pastor/Monsignor have the school on the brink of collapse. In the years we have attended, attendance has not risen and class size has increased. Families receiving financial aid has continued to increase (to over 40% of families that attend St Andrews). Tuition paying parents are much better off finding another Catholic school where their educational return on investment will be much higher. The school lacks resources to provide educators with the tools to properly prepare students for higher education. The school refuses to disclose overall school ITSB scores as they indicate how poorly the students are prepared relative to other Catholic schools. They are not forthcoming with results of fundraising efforts and the use of those funds in the school. There are no programs for gifted students and sub-par athletic facilities - basic staples of a public (free) education. I would not characterize the administration as parent friendly at all.

St Andrew Catholic School 4

Posted May 08, 2014
Over the last three years, Saint Andrew seems to be going through a positive period of change and growth. My family is proud to be involved and participating in this process while trusting the proven track record of the administration and the experienced teachers. My children participate in fun hands on activities while learning and making lifelong bonds with their classmates. Our family has attended other local Catholic schools, but none compares to the obvious strong knowledge base we've experienced at Saint Andrew.

Posted April 20, 2014
Both my kids study at this school and they both love going there and the school atmosphere is just great which includes the staff and other students

Posted September 08, 2013
Both of my boys attend St. Andrews. Great Staff, and great education academically, morally, and spiritually.

St Andrew Catholic School 1

Posted March 20, 2012
Called main # asking for information on the school, woman said, "this is not a good time" and hung up on me. I will not be calling back.

Posted February 09, 2012
BEST SCHOOL ....SECOND TO NONE!. My family moved here from up north and we couldn't have found a better school to call our home. Our two children have fit right in. This is not a school but a family. The teachers are awesome and so kind, caring, young, energetic and knowledgeable. I love all the afterschool activities for my kids and all the family outings to meet the other families. The Principal is great and he exudes Catholic Values. If you want not just a school but an environment of true faith and Catholic Values, this is for you. I highly recommnd this school to all families.

St Andrew Catholic School
9990 Northwest 29th Street, Coral Springs, FL  33065
Last modified St Andrew Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Andrew Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top