No rating

Coral Springs Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 876 students

Living in Coral Springs

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $56,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,260.

Posted October 15, 2008

We found the teachers to be very caring and the school community as a whole to be very friendly. Our daughter was there for 5 years; our son for 10. I did not find the campus to be dirty, it's just an older facility. Parents are given a great deal of 'voice' in the way things are done, but then if their kid gets disciplined there are sometimes 'sour grapes.' In my opinion, that's why some of these reviews are so negative...

Posted April 28, 2008

As parents who were looking for the best educational and christian facilty for our child, we were highly disappointed when CSCA failed to meet our expectations. Thankfully, we took a big leap of faith and severed our ties from this school. The facility and staff have a lot to be desired, it is dirty and the teachers seemed to have lost their love of teaching. The moral standards do not seem to be followed by the entire student body with the punishment system not being equal for all. Although it is true that no one school is perfect, your expectations are higher for a Christian school that professes to develop the whole child. Our child is now excelling in a public school setting and for the first time enjoying school. In closing, I would just say take a really close look at this school before getting involved. The facade is nice...and then that's it.

Posted April 26, 2008

My children have been at CSCA for 5 years. Both my children and us are very pleased with their progress. They are well rounded and inspired both acadeically and spiritually. This school offers a warm family atmoshphere. Everyone from the staff to fellow students and parents are approachable. Your child is a person not a number in this school. We look forward to our children graduating from CSCA.

Posted April 25, 2008

Our family has been at CSCA for 8 years and 2 years at the preschool before that. We couldn't be happier with the education our children are receiving both academic and spiritual. The teachers are highly qualified and use their individual creativity to be able to teach children at all different levels. We find that the administration is extrememly approachable and have personally experienced a situation that needed to be handled immediately and were quite happy to see that our concerns were taken seriously and the situation handled quickly. I would highly recommend this school. As a parent, one of my favorite things about CSCA is the true feeling of being a part of a school family.

Posted April 25, 2008

My husband and I never thought we would have to take our child out of a Coral Springs public school and go private but that is exactly what we had to do when my oldest son was in first grade. The public school was not meeting our child's needs so we looked to Coral Springs Christian for his education and spritual needs and could not be more happier. The teachers and staff made my son feel right at home and loved and his accomplishments have soared. He has grown into a honor student through the love and care of teachers and staff. My younger son attendes CSCA as well and also has grown into a honor student. I don't think many parents can say that their kids like to go to school but both my kids look forward to going to school because the teachers make learning fun.

Posted April 25, 2008

We have 3 children who are attending CSCA. When we moved to S. Fla. 5 years ago, I was extremely apprehensive and did not feel this was the best environment for raising children. CSCA was and is what has made the difference. It has been a blessing for our family. Our oldest son is graduating this year and was accepted to 5 excellent colleges. I feel he has thrived in this environmment and is totally prepared for college. We also have a middle schooler and previously an elementary student, so we have experienced all aspects of the school. I will be the first to tell you it is not perfect. I don't think any school is perfect, but I think CSCA offers some amazing opportunities in a Christian, family atmosphere. I also think they are continually striving to improve.

Posted April 8, 2008

I pulled my children out of this school. My sister and four of my friends have as well. School has gotten to be all about money and not about the students. Staff is uncaring & teachers are burned out. Campus is unclean. Not much good I can say about it at all. My daughter came home with hives every day because she hated the school so much. I have found that children attend because they can afford to go rather than for a Christian education. My children are now receiving a better education in public school & are now interacting with Christian students more than at CSCA as they are involved in First Priority, Meet at the Pole, etc. I wouldn't waste my money sending your children to this school. A better alternative is Highlands Christian Academy for private or public school if you live in the boundaries for one.

Posted February 15, 2008

The fact that this school claims to have higher academic standards than public school is a farce. The teachers are uninspiring and any complaints to the administration fall on deaf ears. I also agree with a previous reviewer that the 'spiritual' aspect leaves much to be desired.

Posted February 13, 2008

i think this school is excellent for my daughter. she has alot of friends and she loves to go to school. she loves her teachers and she learns alot there. she is in alot of sports too. This school is great for my daughter!!!

Posted January 13, 2008

I would have to rate this school as mediocre at best. The academics are not as great as the school claims. My kids get A's without studying. There is rarely any homework, the kids are not welcoming to newcomers, the parents are wrapped up in their own cliques, and the conditions on campus are dirty. I know it is an outreach school, but the spiritual environment is appalling and my kids tell of students being downright disrespectful to teachers, including using curse words in class. Most teachers seem fairly qualified but are not good at passing along their knowledge to inspire the kids or even get them to learn.

Posted January 8, 2008

Second best to a ghetto school? In life, our children will be expected to follow the rules and laws of our society, or there will be consequences - as a parent, I want my child to realize this. Stealing, cheating, disrespect, lying, drugs, bullying, etc. should not be tolerated in any school setting. The beauty of private school, is that they can expel students that refuse to live up to the school's moral standards.

Posted November 21, 2007

This school has been a blessing. I couldn't have asked for a better school for my son to be in. The education is exceptional, but it's the nuturing and caring environment that sets them apart.

Posted October 19, 2007

I think that this school below mediocre. I have seen public schools with a better education, a cleaner campus, and nicer teachers. This school is second best to a ghetto.

Posted August 29, 2007

We were disappointed with the cold intolerant attitudes and overly strict disciplinary policies of the school. Overall teachers were experienced. If you want a Christian education that also encourages tolerance and promotes ability to think critically, you may want to seek other options.

Posted May 19, 2007

Coral Springs Christian Academy is overall a truly mediocre school. The administration seems to care more about the raising of tuition, or ridiculous disciplinary points than actually choosing qualified, caring teachers. I am entirely unsatisfied with the education, and contradictory punishment methods. The faculty is extremely close-minded and not understanding at all.

Posted March 3, 2007

If you are looking for quality, then I ask you to search for a more suitable environment. The quality of this school is below mediocre and I advise you to take your child to a better, more sophisticated school.

Posted October 22, 2006

We have been at CSCA for over 5 years and love it! The faculty, teachers and parent involvement are excellent. The campus is warm and inviting and my children have felt as if it were their second home.

Posted August 27, 2006

My child is a new student to the 9th grade. So far, we couldn't be happier. Good parental involvement, friendly and helpful staff, most teachers are of a high quality. Love the small classes, although enrollment is increasing every year due to the fact that there arent' many choices for private high schools locally. I moved to the area for the public schools, and found that I wouldn't send my child to any of them! This school has a wonderful and diverse student body, school spirit, high academic expectations, and they expect you to live up to their standards of morals and character. The religion is not 'over the top' - and discipline issues are taken seriously. A great experience so far. I highly recommend this school.

Posted November 8, 2005

Excellent quality education from elementary through high school. This school educates both academically and spiritually. My daughther has been a student from Kindergarten through seventh grade and I am pleased with the education she has received. I would highly reccommend this school!

Posted November 11, 2004

Coral Springs Christian Academy has been a second home for our children with teachers and administrators who care for them. High academics, outstanding sports programs, good suucees in college as a result of preparation are all part of what we like about CSCA.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Honors track
College preparation / awareness resources offered
  • College presentations or information sessions
  • Community college courses

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Core knowledge
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom