1,176 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There are good ones and ok ones, haven't experienced any bad teachers. My child seemed to like all of them and she seemed to be learning fine

Amount of homework: Disagree

for the most part, the reading, math and history seem ok, but the science teacher although involved seemed to think she was the only subject the kids had to work on. They would get 2 assignments a day most of the time.. would be a great High School teacher but way overboard for middle school I think.

Develops character: Disagree

Haven't seen that.. The good students are good, as long as they don't become victims of the over aggressive students they'll be ok.. Always while I wait to pick up my child students are cussing like drunken soldiers while teachers are around and no one says anything about it.. Pretty sad...

The teachers seem to be good and seem to be engaged. The atmosphere is somewhat slack and my child experienced bullying as there seems to be little or no concern for the ones who are being bullied and no one wants to acknowledge the problem or discipline the students who are acting like little gangsters.... The school has promise, but needs to be more involved in the Bullying that is going on. If there were a better school nearby I would send my child there.. We'll see how this year goes.

TBH I would give it a 3.5. I am a substitute teacher so I see kids at their worst. But even the students' worse at this school is nothing compared to the bad schools. Every school has their problem children and this school doesn't have a lot of bad kids. I've subbed advanced and regular, of course advanced is better in behavior, but even their worst regular students are better than some good students from bad schools. The staff is helpful and friendly as well. This is overall a good school.

This school may not be perfect but it is awesome. The teachers even though they seem mean, are doing all they can to teach us everything so we are prepared for later years.

This school is a very bad school the teachers are very bad they are rude the principal is very rude the kids are rude the school is just not a school you should not your child in

This school is the worst school. The principal is never seen by the students. He really doesn't care about the students is what my daughter and her friends. The parents are disgusted that a teacher arrested with a DUI is teaching advanced classes at the school. What kind of example is this for the children? Disappointed in this school.

The fact that the administrators have children sitting outside the buildings in the morning until 9:30 a.m. in all Florida weather conditions (which is either scorching hot or rain) gives you an indication that they really aren't catering to students and parents. In my experience, most of the teachers are excited to be there and motivated to teach. Let's clarify...most of the core class teachers are great. There are not enough programs or extracurricular activities for children to get involved in. The few programs that are there have so many stipulations attached to them to say who can not join....I don't see how they benefit the entire student population.

I have a 7th grade at Coral Springs Middle School and it has been a wonderful experience so far. The teachers are phenomenal and my son is doing well and enjoying his classes. He actually LIKES language arts now!!! He has always been a math kid but his language arts teacher has made his class really fun and interesting for him. The principal, Mr. Murray, is friendly and approachable and readily answers any of my questions or concerns. The AP's for 6th and 7th are great people and very concerned and involved with all of their students (I don't know the 8th grade AP as we haven't gotten there, yet). We had a small issue with a potential bully, but Mr. Argent nipped in the bud immediately. I really appreciate the responsiveness and attention to matters like this. It IS middle school, and things do happen, but the staff are very, very good at their jobs and take care of any parent and student concerns. I have always felt welcome at this school. The PTA is also very nice and works hard to do nice things for the school. I have not been very involved in the PTA there, but I have a 5th grader who will be coming to CSMS next year, so I hope to be a little more involved then.

Last modified Coral Springs Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.