Forest Hills Elementary School 2

Posted October 19, 2014
Having previously worked at this school, the first thing I have to say is that the majority of the teachers at this school are extremely hardworking and care very much about their students. They spend hours and hours of their personal time, and large amounts of their own money on their students. The morale of the school, on the other hand, is terrible. The administration is highly ineffective and cares more about looking good on paper than the education of the students. They do not listen to the input of their staff, who are the ones directly interacting with the students, and implementing the numerous new programs and lessons being mandated. The principal is more concerned with PR and making herself and her school look good on paper than with the students attending the school. She has also done many things to try to divide the staff by choosing "favorites" and allowing teachers to "tattle" on each other. Although the morale is extremely low, as a stranger coming into the building, you would never know. The teachers are extremely professional and will always put on a smile and treat outsiders with the utmost kindness because that is the kind of people they have working there

Posted October 16, 2014
I have been a teacher at Forest Hills Elementary for over a decade. I have always found the staff to be especially helpful,friendly and supportive. Teachers and Teacher Assistants work tirelessly way beyond the seven and a half hour day. Support staff, office staff, administration, teachers, teacher assistants, custodians, and cafeteria staff are all working together to assist students and families in any way possible. We are a child centered school, helping each student to access the curriculum and make learning gains. We also as a school, try our best to support each child's individual needs and any family concerns.

Posted October 16, 2014
I am a new staff member this year at Forest Hills Elementary . I can only speak from my own experience. EVERYONE here has been welcoming and supportive. The administration, office staff, teachers, custodial staff, cafeteria staff, parents, volunteers have always been friendly and caring. The team at this school is working tirelessly in support of children and education. I have met other new and veteran teachers and I have never felt anything negative. I am happy to be a part of this school.

Posted October 15, 2014
I have two children at this school. I am very happy with it. I cannot believe that one of our teachers would have written such a vile, poorly written review. The teachers really care about their students and work very hard. The principal is always there to greet parents and do what she can to help them.

Posted October 15, 2014
I too am a teacher at Forest Hills. I truly believe that the comment by the previous teacher is referring to a different Forest Hills. The situations described are not occurring at this school. We have teachers with many years experience working right beside and along with teachers just stating their teaching careers. The veterans are able to guide the new teachers as well as learn from them. I would like the teacher with all the concerns about Forest Hills truly identify themself so we can offer them the opportunity to learn the true Forest Hills. Together we are working to ensure that all our students receive the best education possible and to succeed in all their education endeavors.

Posted October 13, 2014
Unprofessional administration, staff, unethical enviroment. No integrity or well being for the students or new employees. This school lack confidentiality, ethical, and moral practices and teamwork. Unorganized structure with extracurricular fun play being top priority on many of the school's focus. Parents are deceived, new employees are bullied and administration is frighten to make change due to office staff and senior employees runing the program the way they desire. Employees gossip and speak negative about students among themself in front of other staff. Parents are deceived by the image acted out by those in the front office. Office manager also follows principal's example of not apologizing when errors are committed either by her or the school system, teachers are stubborn, prideful full of arrogance. If you substitute or consider working stay away. They have their own clicks of old wine, no new ideas, youthful teachers unwelcomed. Demons run the air of this school. No one says good morning or even try to help as a team only if you are part of a group of staffs. Administration will speak private affairs in front of students, parents

Posted October 08, 2014
I pulled my child in Dec because of the teaching methods they use as well as bullying. I now homeschool and had to literally start from scratch. My child is learning faster with me at home then stuck in a classroom. Everyone has something to say about socialization HAHA I'm laughing now because my child is going to the park 2 times a week and going on several field trips a month. We have our own homeschool group. We do a lot together and have built a stronger relationship. I allows relied on schools to teach my children well things have changed because all they focus on is the FCAT

Posted August 18, 2014
Where did all the teachers go? I've been at this school for 3 years and most of the teachers from before are gone. Why won't anybody tell me? The school has a website that is from last year with no information on it. Sad

Posted June 22, 2014
Our children have flourished at this school. Dedicated teachers and administration. Great communication between school and parents.

Forest Hills Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2014
Forest Hills has a problem... There is reoccurring issue with teachers waiting till the end of the year, with no time left, to address issues with your kids. By that time is a crunch to help your child pass the FCAT. There is no leeway in test environment unless your child is special needs. My son as struggled since the day he had to enter this school. Add to it that they have no extra programs. It's very disappointing.

Forest Hills Elementary School
3100 Northwest 85th Avenue, Coral Springs, FL  33065
Last modified Forest Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top