Coral Springs, FL

Forest Hills Elementary School 2

Posted February 11, 2015
My child is the third generation in my family to attend this school. I loved as a student and so did my father. I understand that with time there is change and that teachers retire. Unfortunately I would have to say that things have changed for the worse. The first day of school upon taking my daughter into the school the first thing I noticed was an immediate concern. The gates leading out of the school on school street were CHAINED and had pad LOCKS on them. This goes against fire code and you cannot tell me that every teacher has a key to unlock these should there be a fire. Another issue I have had since this is an unorganized teacher. The first parent/teacher conference is scheduled and then cancelled 30 min before the scheduled time, it is then rescheduled for the next morning. The next morning the teacher is more than 15 minutes late to the rescheduled conference. The second parent/teacher conference is scheduled and upon arrival to class for the scheduled conference I am informed that the teacher has left property for the day. This is ridiculous. That's 3 days i had to rework my work schedule. Then there is the issue of the school bus. The kids act like wild animals.

Posted February 08, 2015
Forest Hills is an AWE SOME school! They have a great focus on technology. S.t.e.m programs for all the students! The principal is GREAT! The p.t.o host alot of FUN events. The teachers and staff are so caring and go out of the way for the kids! Both my kids are in quantum leap for high achiver's and are getting a outstanding base for their education!!

Posted February 08, 2015
I give them an A+++! I am so happy to be a part of the Forest Hills family. My kids love it! Great teachers, staff and principle!!!! They offer so many after school activates: ie karate, chorus, cheerleadling and so much more. The school has a garden and the kids get to eat what they grow!

Posted February 05, 2015
Both my daughters attend FHE one in 3rd and one in Kinder. I could not ask for a better school!!! The staff and principle go above and beyond to make sure the students have all the resources they need to succeed. They are very tech savvy and have so many great clubs ie... chorus, chess, robotics, planters, Spanish. Most of our students have accesses to new laptops which help them with great programs like I-ready, achieve 3000, raz kids, brain pop and much more. I strongly believe that the students have a great head start to there academic life.

Forest Hills Elementary School 2

Posted October 19, 2014
Having previously worked at this school, the first thing I have to say is that the majority of the teachers at this school are extremely hardworking and care very much about their students. They spend hours and hours of their personal time, and large amounts of their own money on their students. The morale of the school, on the other hand, is terrible. The administration is highly ineffective and cares more about looking good on paper than the education of the students. They do not listen to the input of their staff, who are the ones directly interacting with the students, and implementing the numerous new programs and lessons being mandated. The principal is more concerned with PR and making herself and her school look good on paper than with the students attending the school. She has also done many things to try to divide the staff by choosing "favorites" and allowing teachers to "tattle" on each other. Although the morale is extremely low, as a stranger coming into the building, you would never know. The teachers are extremely professional and will always put on a smile and treat outsiders with the utmost kindness because that is the kind of people they have working there

Posted October 16, 2014
I have been a teacher at Forest Hills Elementary for over a decade. I have always found the staff to be especially helpful,friendly and supportive. Teachers and Teacher Assistants work tirelessly way beyond the seven and a half hour day. Support staff, office staff, administration, teachers, teacher assistants, custodians, and cafeteria staff are all working together to assist students and families in any way possible. We are a child centered school, helping each student to access the curriculum and make learning gains. We also as a school, try our best to support each child's individual needs and any family concerns.

Posted October 16, 2014
I am a new staff member this year at Forest Hills Elementary . I can only speak from my own experience. EVERYONE here has been welcoming and supportive. The administration, office staff, teachers, custodial staff, cafeteria staff, parents, volunteers have always been friendly and caring. The team at this school is working tirelessly in support of children and education. I have met other new and veteran teachers and I have never felt anything negative. I am happy to be a part of this school.

Posted October 15, 2014
I too am a teacher at Forest Hills. I truly believe that the comment by the previous teacher is referring to a different Forest Hills. The situations described are not occurring at this school. We have teachers with many years experience working right beside and along with teachers just stating their teaching careers. The veterans are able to guide the new teachers as well as learn from them. I would like the teacher with all the concerns about Forest Hills truly identify themself so we can offer them the opportunity to learn the true Forest Hills. Together we are working to ensure that all our students receive the best education possible and to succeed in all their education endeavors.

Forest Hills Elementary School 1

Posted October 13, 2014
Unprofessional administration, staff, unethical enviroment. No integrity or well being for the students or new employees. This school lack confidentiality, ethical, and moral practices and teamwork. Unorganized structure with extracurricular fun play being top priority on many of the school's focus. Parents are deceived, new employees are bullied and administration is frighten to make change due to office staff and senior employees runing the program the way they desire. Employees gossip and speak negative about students among themself in front of other staff. Parents are deceived by the image acted out by those in the front office. Office manager also follows principal's example of not apologizing when errors are committed either by her or the school system, teachers are stubborn, prideful full of arrogance. If you substitute or consider working stay away. They have their own clicks of old wine, no new ideas, youthful teachers unwelcomed. Demons run the air of this school. No one says good morning or even try to help as a team only if you are part of a group of staffs. Administration will speak private affairs in front of students, parents

Forest Hills Elementary School 1

Posted October 08, 2014
I pulled my child in Dec because of the teaching methods they use as well as bullying. I now homeschool and had to literally start from scratch. My child is learning faster with me at home then stuck in a classroom. Everyone has something to say about socialization HAHA I'm laughing now because my child is going to the park 2 times a week and going on several field trips a month. We have our own homeschool group. We do a lot together and have built a stronger relationship. I allows relied on schools to teach my children well things have changed because all they focus on is the FCAT

Forest Hills Elementary School
3100 Northwest 85th Avenue, Coral Springs, FL  33065
Last modified Forest Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top