1,208 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Westchester Elementary School 3

Posted August 25, 2015
Your child will not receive individual attention unless they are lucky enough to get one of the truly interested teachers, but thankfully there are quite a few. Your child will be just another face in the crowd, unless you somehow manage to break into the "PTA Mom" clique. You could meet the Principal or AP ten times & they would still not know you. A great number of the parents are rude, especially in the car line, which really prevents any feeling of "community". I have very little confidence that my child is being challenged to reach her full potential. It is not surprising to me that Westchester's "Great Schools" score has dropped to a 7 from an 8 last year.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted August 22, 2015
This school seems to be effective only if your child receives one of the teachers who show genuine interest.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted August 22, 2015
My child is not challenged and it does not seem the environment at this school encourages this.

Posted July 05, 2015
I definitely love love love this school. My daughter came from Imagine Charter School below the grade level standards and low self esteem, thinking she wasn't able to have good grades. Ms Loaiza is the best teacher my daughter could have in 2nd grade, she helps her to improve her grades, and gave her confidence on herself. My husband and I were in constance communication with her because my daughter needed a lot of help.. In my opinion because the previous school didn't help her at all. In contrary with the Charter School this School have amazing programs to help the kids improve. The staff very good and the principal excellent. I nothing bad to say about this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 05, 2015

Westchester Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2015
I've been at this school for a few years and and nothing but issues. This school is good about keeping issues under the rug. I have to agree with the other parent who commented about the bullying because my child has been a victim to it. Three times in 2 months and absolutely nothing was done. Aftercare is a joke the kids HAVE SUPERVISION. When you pull up to pick up your kids the "counsellors" are either on their phones or they have their backs turned toward the children. My experience with two of the teachers were horrible. They were rude, unsupportive and went out of their way to insult children will learning disabilities. I experienced it first hand when I volunteered. It's so sad! The principal and vice principal are good at either looking away or covering it up.

Posted March 12, 2015
We have only been going there a few weeks, but the experience has been very good so far. The school is very engaged, and the teacher takes personal interest in success of the child. The classroom seems to have required facilities like enough iPads, computers, stationary, etc. The lunch provided seems healthy and adequate

Westchester Elementary School 2

Posted March 11, 2015
Its a good school but there are so many kids that bully and the school administration does not help.

Posted December 15, 2014
I have 3 kids that went to Westchester Elementary. We had to relocate because of my husbands job, we were all excited except for my son who had to leave his school. Now, my kids are all high achievers and can function in any situation. Remember that no matter what you are faced with teachers work with you when you gave them the opportunity to do so. Always gave them the opportunity to help. I have always been fortunate to get wonderful teachers. Special mention to my son's teacher to Ms Dowling, if your child is going to third grade request her. She's strick but kind, in her class your kids can dream, there imagination is peeked. They are taught to become the best. My son's new school is a 9/10 and very nice teacher. Ms Dowling KEEP BEING AN INSPIRATION TO OUR KIDS, KEEP BEING A TEACHER. WHEN YOU LEAVE A SCHOOL LIKE WESTCHESTER YOU SEE THE REAL BENEFITS AND LEARN TO APPRECIATE A LITTLE MORE WHAT YOU HAD IN TEACHERS. I missed all those wonderful projects.

Posted August 04, 2013
Westchester is a great neigborhood school! My son is going in to 2nd grade, and we couldn't be happier with our experiences thus far. Principal Gerraine is open to new ideas and very open and friendly with parents. The school does not rest on its "A" they are always trying to improve. There is a small group of teachers that are very active with the PTA which is nice!

12405 Royal Palm Boulevard, Coral Springs, FL  33065
Last modified Westchester Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.