787 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Excellent teachers and staff! This is my sons 3rd year in this school! My son loves his school !

Mrs. Fagen is a phenomenal teacher who goes above and beyond to maximize student success. As a volunteer I saw, firsthand, how she individualized to help every student mask the most of every lesson. Mrs. Perez and Mr. Thornberry are awesome as administrators. They were both at every event we attended, which says a lot! The author's night at Barnes and Noble was the highlight of my experience, as a parent at this school. Keep up the great work!

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

My kid completed 2nd grade at Ramblewood elementary. I have to say I am disappointed in the advancement and training so far. The teacher was regularly absent at least every other week. More often than not I would hear that a sub was teaching. When the teacher was there I had complaints that recess was revoked for the whole class when one student misbehaved. This happened several times. To revoke recess for an entire 2ndgrade class is unconscionable for a growing child! Although my kid is an avid reader the kid seemed to be intimidated by the teacher and became a shy introverted kid. Also there seem to be no programs at Ramblewood for art and drama and no musical production programs or school plays. Also we did not receive regular communication from the school or teacher regarding activities, learning, and projects except for report card time. What I’ve determined is my kid is way too driven and intelligent for such a mediocre school. He's being pulled back by lackluster, unmotivated union paid teachers. We pay a lot of taxes in Coral Springs with the hopes that the school system will do their part to educate and train my kids in Coral Springs. Coral Springs Elementary is now at a 6 rating, declining and it’s a disappointment in so many ways.

My kid completed 2nd grade at Ramblewood elementary. I have to say I am disappointed in his advancement and training so far. The teacher was regularly absent at least every other week. More often than not I would hear that a sub was teaching. When the teacher was there I had complaints that recess was revoked for the whole class when one student misbehaved. This happened several times. To revoke recess for an entire 2ndgrade class is unconscionable for a growing child! Although my kid is an avid reader he seemed to be intimidated by the teacher and became a very shy introverted kid. Also there seem to be no programs at Ramblewood for art and drama and no musical production programs or school plays. Also we did not receive regular communication from the school or teacher regarding activities, learning, and projects except for report card time. What I’ve determined is my kid is way too driven and intelligent for such a mediocre school. He's being pulled back by lackluster, unmotivated union paid teachers. We pay a lot of taxes in Coral Springs with the hopes that the school system will do their part to educate and train my kids in Coral Springs. Coral Springs Elementary is now at a 6 rating, declining and it’s a disappointment in so many ways.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Often there is "no homework." Often again, the homework brought home is worded confusingly, even I have trouble figuring out what the questions are. THere are basically no projects, just basic mathematics and some spelling. Hope next year is better!

Develops character: Neutral

I have no idea about it. I never receive any reports on this matter from the school or the teacher, thus my rating is neutral.

Ramblewood is a great school and after two years, I've had a great experience with the teachers and staff. I've had the opportunity to get involved with PTA and volunteer in classrooms, and I see first hand how the staff is working really hard to continue to make it a great school. The teachers I've had, have been perfect for my son. The new principal has been there 2 years, and she is continually looking for opportunities to improve - the aftercare has been revamped, she's worked to update the school technology. PTA works really hard as well, although they could use more parents to volunteer. :) There's a new Lego club that goes and competes against other schools- really great program. I encourage any parents who are in this school community to check it out, and most of all, get involved!

Ramblewood elementary is a great school. My daughter loves it, mr. Thornberry the asst principle is fantastic with the kids and parents. Her 1st grade teacher Mrs. Nak is a breathe of fresh air the kids are learning and passionate about what they learn. Her teaching skills are very interactive and tries new or updated teaching methods.

My dear readers i am only disapointed at the fact that there hasn't been a review in in 2 years.My children attended this school up until 6th grade and it was the most remarkable experience,the Principle is a dame above dames the asst. principles have been patient, kind and caring.Great teachers impact a childs performance and self esteem and by the grace of God this school exceeded my expectations in all those areas. Thank you !Thank you!Thank you! I love ya. p.s. writing this made me very nostalgic.

Ramblewood has been fantastic with both of my children. They have always given my children the best of everything and have been nurturing and encouraging. Awesome teachers!

Last modified Ramblewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.