Coral Springs, FL

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 06, 2015
My kid completed 2nd grade at Ramblewood elementary. I have to say I am disappointed in the advancement and training so far. The teacher was regularly absent at least every other week. More often than not I would hear that a sub was teaching. When the teacher was there I had complaints that recess was revoked for the whole class when one student misbehaved. This happened several times. To revoke recess for an entire 2ndgrade class is unconscionable for a growing child! Although my kid is an avid reader the kid seemed to be intimidated by the teacher and became a shy introverted kid. Also there seem to be no programs at Ramblewood for art and drama and no musical production programs or school plays. Also we did not receive regular communication from the school or teacher regarding activities, learning, and projects except for report card time. What I’ve determined is my kid is way too driven and intelligent for such a mediocre school. He's being pulled back by lackluster, unmotivated union paid teachers. We pay a lot of taxes in Coral Springs with the hopes that the school system will do their part to educate and train my kids in Coral Springs. Coral Springs Elementary is now at a 6 rating, declining and it’s a disappointment in so many ways.

Ramblewood Elementary School 3

Posted July 06, 2015
My kid completed 2nd grade at Ramblewood elementary. I have to say I am disappointed in his advancement and training so far. The teacher was regularly absent at least every other week. More often than not I would hear that a sub was teaching. When the teacher was there I had complaints that recess was revoked for the whole class when one student misbehaved. This happened several times. To revoke recess for an entire 2ndgrade class is unconscionable for a growing child! Although my kid is an avid reader he seemed to be intimidated by the teacher and became a very shy introverted kid. Also there seem to be no programs at Ramblewood for art and drama and no musical production programs or school plays. Also we did not receive regular communication from the school or teacher regarding activities, learning, and projects except for report card time. What I’ve determined is my kid is way too driven and intelligent for such a mediocre school. He's being pulled back by lackluster, unmotivated union paid teachers. We pay a lot of taxes in Coral Springs with the hopes that the school system will do their part to educate and train my kids in Coral Springs. Coral Springs Elementary is now at a 6 rating, declining and it’s a disappointment in so many ways.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 06, 2015
Often there is "no homework." Often again, the homework brought home is worded confusingly, even I have trouble figuring out what the questions are. THere are basically no projects, just basic mathematics and some spelling. Hope next year is better!

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted July 06, 2015
I have no idea about it. I never receive any reports on this matter from the school or the teacher, thus my rating is neutral.

Develops respect: Neutral

Develops empathy: Neutral

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted July 28, 2014
Ramblewood is a great school and after two years, I've had a great experience with the teachers and staff. I've had the opportunity to get involved with PTA and volunteer in classrooms, and I see first hand how the staff is working really hard to continue to make it a great school. The teachers I've had, have been perfect for my son. The new principal has been there 2 years, and she is continually looking for opportunities to improve - the aftercare has been revamped, she's worked to update the school technology. PTA works really hard as well, although they could use more parents to volunteer. :) There's a new Lego club that goes and competes against other schools- really great program. I encourage any parents who are in this school community to check it out, and most of all, get involved!

Posted January 29, 2014
Ramblewood elementary is a great school. My daughter loves it, mr. Thornberry the asst principle is fantastic with the kids and parents. Her 1st grade teacher Mrs. Nak is a breathe of fresh air the kids are learning and passionate about what they learn. Her teaching skills are very interactive and tries new or updated teaching methods.

Posted March 28, 2012
My dear readers i am only disapointed at the fact that there hasn't been a review in in 2 years.My children attended this school up until 6th grade and it was the most remarkable experience,the Principle is a dame above dames the asst. principles have been patient, kind and caring.Great teachers impact a childs performance and self esteem and by the grace of God this school exceeded my expectations in all those areas. Thank you !Thank you!Thank you! I love ya. p.s. writing this made me very nostalgic.

8950 Shadow Wood Boulevard, Coral Springs, FL  33071
Last modified Ramblewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ramblewood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top