Coral Springs, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted September 15, 2014
Maplewood is a great school! My daughter started there last year in 3rd grade. The teachers are very caring and compassionate. They love parent involvement. Ms Bees and Ms Phillips (principal and asst principal) are wonderful, as are all of the office staff. My daughter's teachers are outstanding! Sadly, we are moving this year and have to leave them.

Posted April 29, 2014
This school cares about the students. They take the time to make sure each child is learning and cared for.

Posted September 03, 2013
I must admit that I was disappointed at our FCAT scores; however, I do not believe it is because of the teachers, for my son has had the most amazing and caring teachers. They go above and beyond. My son is in third grade now and we decided to stick it out. I believe with more parent involvement, our principal, assistant principal, teachers and staff commitment and determination, we will bring our school back to "A" standards.

Posted September 03, 2013
Maplewood is a great school and a great environment for learning. The teachers are very passionate and dedicated to teaching, guiding and nurturing our young students.

Posted August 31, 2013
I know that the staff in this school is caring and wonderful with the children. This is where my A+ standard goes for this school. Where I would say I am concerned is the level of sweets and treats that they give the children. I have Juvenile Diabetes and perhaps this makes me more sensitive but every single day my kids talk of cookies, cupcakes, and candy "rewards". By giving kids candy as the "gold standard for behaving well or performing well", are we not propogating a potentially food reward seeking and obese next generation? Is this sweets fetish pervasive in other schools? I am concerned. Otherwise, the hearts of the staff are totally in the right place, just misguided in this one area for me.

Posted August 28, 2013
I have 3 children. Twins that graduated last year and 1 that is now going into 2nd grade. This school has been wonderful in getting my kids on the right track after having bad experiences in previous schools. The teachers kept me updated and informed on evrything relating to my children and thier performance. The principal took time out to discuss with me my concerns. I actually do not live in the area where this is the assigned school for my 2nd grader, but I travel every morning to make sure my child has a great school experience, where he will learn and be taught.

Posted February 22, 2013
Their scores are not the best on the FCAT because of their diverse population which includes special needs students. It does not reflect the classroom experience for the many children who attend the school. The teachers, principal, and parents really try. The quality is there for most of the kids and everyone is warm and tries their best to educate all of the children.

Posted July 03, 2012
I was a student here now im in Th grade , ive been there since 4th grade and i loved it their, nice teachers they helped me when i was struggling . Love the school period

Posted April 16, 2012
Maplewood is an A+ school with an excellent administration and staff. It is a team effort and when parents choose to be part of the solution then everything works smoothly. I have been a parent at this school for many years and the first priority is SAFETY!! As a parent, whenever I have a concern I am contacted immediately and work together on a solution! I know times are tough everywhere - and it is very easy to complain and be negative but it is just as easy to work on a solution. Join the SAC, SAF, PTO and be part of this wonderful school!

Maplewood Elementary School 1

Posted April 11, 2012
Completely agree with the 2nd,3rd and 4th, comments. LOTS of covering up!! Safety is a major issue. No accountability. A new principal and administration is needed to get this school back on track.

Maplewood Elementary School
9850 Ramblewood Drive, Coral Springs, FL  33071
Last modified Maplewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maplewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top