716 students|Broward

Bad
Good

This school on average might be good but when my daughter reached the 5th grade the full effect of the social justice agenda was very apparent. My daughter was pigpen holed and downgraded for the sole purpose of equalizing the grade for everyone. They promoted under achievers and didn't recognize those who achieved well. Now with the Trump administration I hope that we can correct this deep problem.

Maplewood is a great school! My daughter started there last year in 3rd grade. The teachers are very caring and compassionate. They love parent involvement. Ms Bees and Ms Phillips (principal and asst principal) are wonderful, as are all of the office staff. My daughter's teachers are outstanding! Sadly, we are moving this year and have to leave them.

So far it is so unorganized to me.. Specially my son book calendar ,I have to search for is homework everything mix up , I don't see no math books, all I've been see is drawing Etc.. It is not VPK, It is kindergarten, please I need to see math. Later if I see progress my reviews will be better

This school cares about the students. They take the time to make sure each child is learning and cared for.

I must admit that I was disappointed at our FCAT scores; however, I do not believe it is because of the teachers, for my son has had the most amazing and caring teachers. They go above and beyond. My son is in third grade now and we decided to stick it out. I believe with more parent involvement, our principal, assistant principal, teachers and staff commitment and determination, we will bring our school back to "A" standards.

Maplewood is a great school and a great environment for learning. The teachers are very passionate and dedicated to teaching, guiding and nurturing our young students.

I know that the staff in this school is caring and wonderful with the children. This is where my A+ standard goes for this school. Where I would say I am concerned is the level of sweets and treats that they give the children. I have Juvenile Diabetes and perhaps this makes me more sensitive but every single day my kids talk of cookies, cupcakes, and candy "rewards". By giving kids candy as the "gold standard for behaving well or performing well", are we not propogating a potentially food reward seeking and obese next generation? Is this sweets fetish pervasive in other schools? I am concerned. Otherwise, the hearts of the staff are totally in the right place, just misguided in this one area for me.

I have 3 children. Twins that graduated last year and 1 that is now going into 2nd grade. This school has been wonderful in getting my kids on the right track after having bad experiences in previous schools. The teachers kept me updated and informed on evrything relating to my children and thier performance. The principal took time out to discuss with me my concerns. I actually do not live in the area where this is the assigned school for my 2nd grader, but I travel every morning to make sure my child has a great school experience, where he will learn and be taught.

Their scores are not the best on the FCAT because of their diverse population which includes special needs students. It does not reflect the classroom experience for the many children who attend the school. The teachers, principal, and parents really try. The quality is there for most of the kids and everyone is warm and tries their best to educate all of the children.

I was a student here now im in Th grade , ive been there since 4th grade and i loved it their, nice teachers they helped me when i was struggling . Love the school period

Last modified Maplewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.