J. P. Taravella High School 2

Posted August 24, 2014
Not a lot of communication between teachers/ students/ parents. Go to Douglas There are not a lot of rules, at pickup see random kids making out, happens during the school day too, per my child. No enforcement

Posted July 25, 2014
My daughter goes to Taravella and the guidance counselor had no concern that she was failing math. Also, a girl at her school made up complete lies about my daughter and the girl told the guidance counselor the lies and believed the girl over my own daughter about stuff about my daughter. My daughter told me that her math teacher didn't teach her anything, that she just wrote notes on the board. Maybe the teachers and staff should pay more attention to students grades and help them pass.

Posted June 03, 2014
Don't believe the hype. We bought a home in this neighborhood because people raved about the school system. We found out that they were a good year or two behind in both Math and Science compared to our previous school system. Parents don't have the same resources as they do in other districts, and trying to break through the red tape is an exercise in futility. You can do better for your child. Much better.

J. P. Taravella High School 3

Posted April 29, 2014
Although J.P.Taravella High School has some amazing programs in Fine Arts (Drama, Music, Art, etc) and Business (DECA, Academy of Finance), and some outstanding teachers, we can improve in our communications with parents. So many of my fellow teachers treat parents as the enemy, when in fact, parents and teachers must work TOGETHER for the success of our students! My parents are my greatest asset in helping me teach to the best of my ability. THANK YOU JPT parents!!!

J. P. Taravella High School 5

Posted April 28, 2014
So far, so good. Much better than middle school. Lots of clubs and teams for those who are interested. Diversified programs which enable the students to focus on their areas of interest and future careers.

J. P. Taravella High School 3

Posted August 03, 2013
Im a student and Taravella was a good school but for some reason it's getting bad and bad every year, the staff are starting to not care anymore, the students are getting rude, and the teachers don't teach how they use to teach. It's just not the same.

Posted August 27, 2012
Taravella was the worst school my child ever attended. Total lack of teacher communication and lack of concern by faculty. The discontentment of the staff is evident.

Posted August 01, 2012
My daughter attends Taravella.. I'm very disturbed by their lack of involvement and concern about the students. I have on several occasions left messages and emailed her counselor with specific concerns, with no response. When in class it seems acceptable for students to sleep. When school was missed, I wasn't contacted. If it was an excused absence, she was told that it wasn't necessary to make up work, nor was past work explained. I'm terribly disappointed in the Broward County School District as a whole,having had to try to deal with them for 6 years now.

Posted April 02, 2012
Today is April 2012...and I can not believe HOW RUDE THE Office People are...they do not smile, they do not help, the lady at the attendance complains ..she gets a hundred of calls at day and it is too much for her ...why the Principal does not do a better job for her NOT to MAKE Mistakes. ???.it only takes one to be the one that makes a difference...The school does not get a good job with parents...I avoid to go there...I do not need rude people in my day....

Posted July 17, 2011
I felt the staff of this school, especially the teachers, were very unprofessional. They did not communicate effectively with parents, treated the students terribly (through a paper at a student), and did not provide a rigorous curriculum. The administration was only concerned with athletics and their football field being built.

J. P. Taravella High School
10600 Riverside Drive, Coral Springs, FL  33071
Last modified J. P. Taravella High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J. P. Taravella High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews.