3,104 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 22, 2016
Mrs. Smith in the student affairs office. That is all. She's the only person who treats us with respect.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted May 22, 2016
I think that a lot of students are left to their own devices, teachers are more worried about retiring and summer than their education.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 22, 2016
I feel that the school backs up the teachers and never the students. Sometimes students are treated rudely, because the administrators expect all of the students to be rude. Instead of treating everyone as individuals, they are treated like second class citizens.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted May 22, 2016
This school has really changed. It is not the school it used to be and really more hood than I ever knew. I am so sorry and afraid to be a part of this school community.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted May 22, 2016
There was just an incident where an administrator Mrs. Pinazzo took flags from students who were doing nothing wrong. It was disrespectful.. Respect everyone.

J. P. Taravella High School 5

Posted December 14, 2015
Every since my daughter been at JP Taravella High School I have had no problems. Every staff there is very helpful and very nice!

J. P. Taravella High School 4

Posted February 13, 2015
As much as I'd love to give Taravella 5 stars, I can't. Taravella has amazing activities and clubs such as HOSA, JROTC, DECA, BAND, and Debate just to name a few. There are also many after schools sports with great coaches and staff such as Football and Cross-Country. Almost all of the teachers are extremely helpful and knowledgeable (the math teachers could be improved). Mr. Cerra (principal) is very involved and energetic about our schools activities. I can't give my schools 5 stars for a few reasons. The school is very dirty.There is a lot of trash around such as cafeteria food left in stairwells. There's not much of a dress code (no uniform policy) so many students dress provocatively. Students have sex on campus. The school has also become a bit dangerous. This school year there were two fires set by students in the same week. We unfortunately don't have the best security for example as students walk around smoking cigarettes or e-cigs and get away with it. The staff (such as the librarians and office workers) can be rude and unhelpful sometimes. Overall, Taravella is still an excellent school to attend.

Posted November 17, 2014
i am being generous with one star, this school is terrible. there are so many fights and bullies in this school. i wish i could go to another school and not this one. i absolutely hate it here. the teachers and staff don't care about us students and don't even teach us anything. i wish i could get a better education because im not getting a very good one here at all.

Posted November 06, 2014
I am so very disappointed. We moved before my son started middle school and we were careful to purchase a home in an area where my children would be able to attend a great high school. People have raved about what a great school this is, but I can not agree. I have found some of the teachers to be rude and uncaring (some of them downright hositle and/or crazy), administration borderline. We are now looking for a different school :(

Posted July 25, 2014
My daughter goes to Taravella and the guidance counselor had no concern that she was failing math. Also, a girl at her school made up complete lies about my daughter and the girl told the guidance counselor the lies and believed the girl over my own daughter about stuff about my daughter. My daughter told me that her math teacher didn't teach her anything, that she just wrote notes on the board. Maybe the teachers and staff should pay more attention to students grades and help them pass.

10600 Riverside Drive, Coral Springs, FL  33071
Last modified J. P. Taravella High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.