3,104 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My daughter and son have had great experiences at Taravella. My daughter's JPT experience prepared her to receive her Master's Degree in four years and our son will graduate this year.

Awesome school. Very happy tohave my son there.

The only reason why I give them 2 stars is due to their office staff. They are horrible and have no respect for the parents requests. They never try to meet you half way with even dropping lunch to your own child. My daughter drives and they would not even allow me to dismiss her from school to go home, even by me stressing i was out of town and could not make it there. They need to get rid of every office personnel there that has any communication with parents. Every time I have any type of encounter with them I have to walk away to calm myself down. They love to aggravate you, as if you were a minor. uurrggh cannot wait until my daughter graduates and my son will NOT be attending Taravella unless from here and then, there office staff changes.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I think that a lot of students are left to their own devices, teachers are more worried about retiring and summer than their education.

Every since my daughter been at JP Taravella High School I have had no problems. Every staff there is very helpful and very nice!

As much as I'd love to give Taravella 5 stars, I can't. Taravella has amazing activities and clubs such as HOSA, JROTC, DECA, BAND, and Debate just to name a few. There are also many after schools sports with great coaches and staff such as Football and Cross-Country. Almost all of the teachers are extremely helpful and knowledgeable (the math teachers could be improved). Mr. Cerra (principal) is very involved and energetic about our schools activities. I can't give my schools 5 stars for a few reasons. The school is very dirty.There is a lot of trash around such as cafeteria food left in stairwells. There's not much of a dress code (no uniform policy) so many students dress provocatively. Students have sex on campus. The school has also become a bit dangerous. This school year there were two fires set by students in the same week. We unfortunately don't have the best security for example as students walk around smoking cigarettes or e-cigs and get away with it. The staff (such as the librarians and office workers) can be rude and unhelpful sometimes. Overall, Taravella is still an excellent school to attend.

i am being generous with one star, this school is terrible. there are so many fights and bullies in this school. i wish i could go to another school and not this one. i absolutely hate it here. the teachers and staff don't care about us students and don't even teach us anything. i wish i could get a better education because im not getting a very good one here at all.

I am so very disappointed. We moved before my son started middle school and we were careful to purchase a home in an area where my children would be able to attend a great high school. People have raved about what a great school this is, but I can not agree. I have found some of the teachers to be rude and uncaring (some of them downright hositle and/or crazy), administration borderline. We are now looking for a different school :(

My daughter goes to Taravella and the guidance counselor had no concern that she was failing math. Also, a girl at her school made up complete lies about my daughter and the girl told the guidance counselor the lies and believed the girl over my own daughter about stuff about my daughter. My daughter told me that her math teacher didn't teach her anything, that she just wrote notes on the board. Maybe the teachers and staff should pay more attention to students grades and help them pass.

Don't believe the hype. We bought a home in this neighborhood because people raved about the school system. We found out that they were a good year or two behind in both Math and Science compared to our previous school system. Parents don't have the same resources as they do in other districts, and trying to break through the red tape is an exercise in futility. You can do better for your child. Much better.

Last modified J. P. Taravella High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.