3,104 students|Broward

Bad
Good

J. P. Taravella High School 5

Posted December 14, 2015
Every since my daughter been at JP Taravella High School I have had no problems. Every staff there is very helpful and very nice!

J. P. Taravella High School 4

Posted February 13, 2015
As much as I'd love to give Taravella 5 stars, I can't. Taravella has amazing activities and clubs such as HOSA, JROTC, DECA, BAND, and Debate just to name a few. There are also many after schools sports with great coaches and staff such as Football and Cross-Country. Almost all of the teachers are extremely helpful and knowledgeable (the math teachers could be improved). Mr. Cerra (principal) is very involved and energetic about our schools activities. I can't give my schools 5 stars for a few reasons. The school is very dirty.There is a lot of trash around such as cafeteria food left in stairwells. There's not much of a dress code (no uniform policy) so many students dress provocatively. Students have sex on campus. The school has also become a bit dangerous. This school year there were two fires set by students in the same week. We unfortunately don't have the best security for example as students walk around smoking cigarettes or e-cigs and get away with it. The staff (such as the librarians and office workers) can be rude and unhelpful sometimes. Overall, Taravella is still an excellent school to attend.

Posted November 17, 2014
i am being generous with one star, this school is terrible. there are so many fights and bullies in this school. i wish i could go to another school and not this one. i absolutely hate it here. the teachers and staff don't care about us students and don't even teach us anything. i wish i could get a better education because im not getting a very good one here at all.

Posted November 06, 2014
I am so very disappointed. We moved before my son started middle school and we were careful to purchase a home in an area where my children would be able to attend a great high school. People have raved about what a great school this is, but I can not agree. I have found some of the teachers to be rude and uncaring (some of them downright hositle and/or crazy), administration borderline. We are now looking for a different school :(

J. P. Taravella High School 2

Posted August 24, 2014
Not a lot of communication between teachers/ students/ parents. Go to Douglas There are not a lot of rules, at pickup see random kids making out, happens during the school day too, per my child. No enforcement

Posted July 25, 2014
My daughter goes to Taravella and the guidance counselor had no concern that she was failing math. Also, a girl at her school made up complete lies about my daughter and the girl told the guidance counselor the lies and believed the girl over my own daughter about stuff about my daughter. My daughter told me that her math teacher didn't teach her anything, that she just wrote notes on the board. Maybe the teachers and staff should pay more attention to students grades and help them pass.

Posted June 03, 2014
Don't believe the hype. We bought a home in this neighborhood because people raved about the school system. We found out that they were a good year or two behind in both Math and Science compared to our previous school system. Parents don't have the same resources as they do in other districts, and trying to break through the red tape is an exercise in futility. You can do better for your child. Much better.

J. P. Taravella High School 3

Posted April 29, 2014
Although J.P.Taravella High School has some amazing programs in Fine Arts (Drama, Music, Art, etc) and Business (DECA, Academy of Finance), and some outstanding teachers, we can improve in our communications with parents. So many of my fellow teachers treat parents as the enemy, when in fact, parents and teachers must work TOGETHER for the success of our students! My parents are my greatest asset in helping me teach to the best of my ability. THANK YOU JPT parents!!!

J. P. Taravella High School 5

Posted April 28, 2014
So far, so good. Much better than middle school. Lots of clubs and teams for those who are interested. Diversified programs which enable the students to focus on their areas of interest and future careers.

J. P. Taravella High School 3

Posted August 03, 2013
Im a student and Taravella was a good school but for some reason it's getting bad and bad every year, the staff are starting to not care anymore, the students are getting rude, and the teachers don't teach how they use to teach. It's just not the same.

J. P. Taravella High School
10600 Riverside Drive, Coral Springs, FL  33071
Last modified J. P. Taravella High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J. P. Taravella High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top