Coral Springs, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted May 18, 2014
Riverside Elementary is one of the best schools in Coral Springs! The new Principal has brought multiple innovative programs to the school. The new multiage program is fantastic and the teachers are wonderful. Not to mention all of the teachers are hard working dedicated individuals who care about children. The parent involvement is like no other. The PTO works closely with school staff to support the needs of the school. I would recommend this school to anyone moving to Florida!

Posted July 09, 2013
Riverside El. is the best kept secret in Coral Springs! Beautiful small school in the southwest area of the city. Amazing teachers, families and most important-wonderful children! My 3 children are receiving an outstanding education and adore their school. Some teachers were better than others by far but that is everywhere. Stay involved with your child's education. The technology each year increases and this coming year will be even stronger! Riverside is a wireless interactive school. Any family looking into attending Riverside will be thrilled. Administrators doors are always open and ready to listen. The best way as a new parent to jump in is to join the PTO. I found that was an easy way to meet other parents and jump in to volunteer . What a great school!

Posted May 02, 2013
This is a great school. It's private school quality. The new principal has made many positive changes. I did not like the principal before her and I'm not thrilled about the vice principal. The teachers I have dealt with are wonderful. The PTO is the best. You have a great group of volunteers. It is very family oriented. I am happy my kids go to this school.

Posted August 15, 2012
I beg to differ with the parents below this was my daughters last year at Riverside and I am confident that she received everything she needs to be successful in Middle School. I have never met a more dedicated, hard working and professional group of teachers. Talking about the paycheck they have not received raises in 7 years although the school has stayed an A unlike other schools. The new principal came to the school in January and is very child focused. I am sorry that the parent s below had such a bad experience but I LOVE this school and awe are sad that we had to move to Middle school. Riverside has a family atmosphere and both my children went to the school K-5. The teachers were like an extension of me withe them. I felt confident that they were loved and cared for as well as instructed. They were always approachable and available to all my needs. My kids both have disabilities and I can not say enough about their ESE department. They were the greatest. Like the kids say "RIVERSIDE ROCKS" I challenge anyone to find out for themselves about the school and they will be very happy they did.

Posted April 11, 2012
Its sad to say this, but I have to agree with the parents below. My neighbors all spoke highly of Riverside, one of them specifically with 2 boys of whom the oldest is now attending UCF and the youngest is currently attending JP Taravella. I bought my house up here because of the wonderful things I heard about this school and I must say, my child's teacher is excellent, however, like the parents below say, the administration is the worst. They could care less about the students and the teachers, you walk in and the first two people you see are 2 ladies that seem to be mad at the world every single day. You walk in there and you say good morning and its like no one heard, then you're leaving and say have a nice day, no response. They are there only to collect their paycheck and nothing else. This has been a sad experience for me but my child only has next school year at Riverside and I will be so thankful when that year is over and he moves to middle school. I would not recommend this school to anyone until I know that they have done a clean sweep of the administration and hire people who cares about our kids and our teachers.

Posted March 08, 2012
My daughter is in 2nd grade at this school and you can easily tell which teachers are just there for a check! I am so tired of begging a teacher to let me know my child's conduct so I can help! I wish there were more teachers who actually care there is definitely not enough programs or help for children having a hard time learning.

Posted October 19, 2011
The whole reason we bought our house a few years ago is because we had heard so many great things about Riverside. Unfortunately, I am HIGHLY disappointed. Not only are the classrooms over crowded despite the state cap of 18, the school leaders would rather pay the fine vs hiring additional teachers. This makes it extremely difficult for the current teachers when they have so many students with no extra help in the classroom. Luckily, parent involvment is high but the administration is TERRIBLE!! They don't support the teachers, they don't support the parents, they seem to only care about their bottom line. The teachers do the best they can considering the circumstance but they're spread out way too thin. Parents are frustrated and seem to have no choice as to what goes on in the school; our only hope is to remain involved for the sake of our kids. Had I known all this before buying this house, I wouldn't have bought my house here. I would have bought a much smaller house in Parkland where the school system is supposedly much better. I think Riverside was GREAT back in the day. My neighbor's children, all my age now, all went to Riverside & they swear by the school. I beg to differ

Riverside Elementary School 3

Posted July 26, 2011
I couldn't agree more with the last post. My oldest (in college now) experienced a very different Riverside than the Riverside my youngest now attends. Although there are still great teachers and parental involvement, the Administration has gone steadily downhill. The current administrators make most everything difficult for teachers, parents and, sadly, the kids. There are still a good number of outstanding teachers but you must take the initiative to insure your child is placed with the right one. Be your child's advocate if what you're hearing from an administrator doesn't sound right - it's probably not.

Riverside Elementary School 1

Posted March 30, 2011
My oldest child is in high school now but we started so many years ago right here at Riverside. Now my youngest is almost done and ready to move on up to middle school. This school is not at all what it used to be. The teachers really are good and the parent involvement is over-the-top. Wonderful parents! Unfortunately, administration has brought this school to it's knees. It's such a shame. I am very happy to be saying goodbye in three more months. I was reading over the reviews and I do have to say that it is very interesting that the week of Dec. 2nd to Dec. 6th, there are five excellent reviews. All the prior reviews are spread out over Aug, Jan., May, April and then Nov. Five in the span of four days? How stupid do you think we are? People don't like to be played for a fool and if this is the kind of thing you have to do to stay in the game, you have bigger problems than you realize. We don't have blinders on, as parents, we see it all very clearly and it isn't pretty.

Riverside Elementary School 4

Posted December 06, 2010
My 2 children and my 2 Nieces go to Riverside Elementary. We have all had only the best experience with the most dedicated and amazing teachers. I am an active volunteer in the school so, I see first hand the wonderful way the administration and staff interact with the kids. I am thrilled that my kids go to this school and are getting a quality education in a positive environment. They are learning way above grade level and excelling and feeling confident in all that they accomplish!

Riverside Elementary School
11450 Riverside Drive, Coral Springs, FL  33071
Last modified Riverside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top