Coral Springs, FL

Riverside Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2015
Just went to meet and greet with my second and third grade children. I was impressed with the school as well as their teachers. I am looking forward to the first year at Riverside!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 08, 2015
The teachers are great - there is open communication between them and the parents - I always felt like they understood my son and helped him learn as much as possible - in 2nd grade he had a hard time with spelling and his teacher really worked with him to overcome it.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 08, 2015
During 5th grade they really help the kids get ready for middle school - from the type of work they are given to switching their science class to a different room and teacher so they start to get ready to understand how it feels to move through several classes a day

Posted August 08, 2015
This is a great school - my son attended K through 5th grade - they have the best gifted program in Broward - the teachers are caring, dedicated, and hard working. My son also attended the after care program from K through 5 and he loved it.

Posted May 08, 2015
I have no idea what these negative reviews are about. I've been a parent there for 15 years, since my three oldest kids are each four years apart. The front desk ladies aren't the nicest in the world. Hey - the job sucks. But that's not what I care about. The teaching there is excellent, the PTO there is beyond amazing, and everyone there goes way above and beyond. They did afterschool clubs two years ago with everything from sewing, to legos, outdoor sports, and computer games - all run by teachers. These people stayed after school 1 to 2 times a week to spend even MORE time with children, and for a meager bonus, if that. They do great events (book fairs, science fair, history fair, People fair, talent shows, Boosterthon Fun Run) and countless fundraisers at various local restaurants and eateries. My twins will be starting there in two years and I chuckle to myself that I'll be a 20 year veteran of one school. And I couldn't pick a better school.

Riverside Elementary School 3

Posted May 06, 2015
I love the school and my daughter is doing very well since she's started going there. Her teacher cares for her well being and she likes to be there. My only issue is its hard to get in contact with the principal or even the counselors. That's a problem for me. I feel as if you should contact a parent back if they say it's important. Can't reach them by email nor voice mail either.

Riverside Elementary School 1

Posted March 04, 2015
Smart kids stay away! Riverside is full of incompetent teachers, incapable of properly educating children. Teachers "teach the test" to get a high rating, but they have no personal integrity. Too lazy to redirect children towards positive behaviors, so they simply they play the blame game - blame the parents or blame the children themselves -but never, ever take any responsibility. Aftercare is full of the absolute worst; hypocrites just want to heap complaints on families out of pure malice. Riverside is full of old teachers who are burned out and bitter and younger teachers who believe they're entitled to behave just as carelessly - happy to label your kid as a problem child, moan and complain with apathy, then use paperwork to attack the students and mothers and fathers out of self-righteous laziness. I've heard nothing but complaints about my child, who is gifted, for years from this school. Failing to challenge my kid, failing to encourage my kid, instead these slothful teachers and admins label my kid's boredom as a behavior problem and strike out at the parents to try and hurt us. Meanwhile my kid excels at academics and athletics and they treat it like a problem. Avoid RES!

Posted May 18, 2014
Riverside Elementary is one of the best schools in Coral Springs! The new Principal has brought multiple innovative programs to the school. The new multiage program is fantastic and the teachers are wonderful. Not to mention all of the teachers are hard working dedicated individuals who care about children. The parent involvement is like no other. The PTO works closely with school staff to support the needs of the school. I would recommend this school to anyone moving to Florida!

Posted July 09, 2013
Riverside El. is the best kept secret in Coral Springs! Beautiful small school in the southwest area of the city. Amazing teachers, families and most important-wonderful children! My 3 children are receiving an outstanding education and adore their school. Some teachers were better than others by far but that is everywhere. Stay involved with your child's education. The technology each year increases and this coming year will be even stronger! Riverside is a wireless interactive school. Any family looking into attending Riverside will be thrilled. Administrators doors are always open and ready to listen. The best way as a new parent to jump in is to join the PTO. I found that was an easy way to meet other parents and jump in to volunteer . What a great school!

Posted May 02, 2013
This is a great school. It's private school quality. The new principal has made many positive changes. I did not like the principal before her and I'm not thrilled about the vice principal. The teachers I have dealt with are wonderful. The PTO is the best. You have a great group of volunteers. It is very family oriented. I am happy my kids go to this school.

11450 Riverside Drive, Coral Springs, FL  33071
Last modified Riverside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top