Coral Springs, FL

Posted May 08, 2015
I have no idea what these negative reviews are about. I've been a parent there for 15 years, since my three oldest kids are each four years apart. The front desk ladies aren't the nicest in the world. Hey - the job sucks. But that's not what I care about. The teaching there is excellent, the PTO there is beyond amazing, and everyone there goes way above and beyond. They did afterschool clubs two years ago with everything from sewing, to legos, outdoor sports, and computer games - all run by teachers. These people stayed after school 1 to 2 times a week to spend even MORE time with children, and for a meager bonus, if that. They do great events (book fairs, science fair, history fair, People fair, talent shows, Boosterthon Fun Run) and countless fundraisers at various local restaurants and eateries. My twins will be starting there in two years and I chuckle to myself that I'll be a 20 year veteran of one school. And I couldn't pick a better school.

Riverside Elementary School 3

Posted May 06, 2015
I love the school and my daughter is doing very well since she's started going there. Her teacher cares for her well being and she likes to be there. My only issue is its hard to get in contact with the principal or even the counselors. That's a problem for me. I feel as if you should contact a parent back if they say it's important. Can't reach them by email nor voice mail either.

Riverside Elementary School 1

Posted March 04, 2015
Smart kids stay away! Riverside is full of incompetent teachers, incapable of properly educating children. Teachers "teach the test" to get a high rating, but they have no personal integrity. Too lazy to redirect children towards positive behaviors, so they simply they play the blame game - blame the parents or blame the children themselves -but never, ever take any responsibility. Aftercare is full of the absolute worst; hypocrites just want to heap complaints on families out of pure malice. Riverside is full of old teachers who are burned out and bitter and younger teachers who believe they're entitled to behave just as carelessly - happy to label your kid as a problem child, moan and complain with apathy, then use paperwork to attack the students and mothers and fathers out of self-righteous laziness. I've heard nothing but complaints about my child, who is gifted, for years from this school. Failing to challenge my kid, failing to encourage my kid, instead these slothful teachers and admins label my kid's boredom as a behavior problem and strike out at the parents to try and hurt us. Meanwhile my kid excels at academics and athletics and they treat it like a problem. Avoid RES!

Posted May 18, 2014
Riverside Elementary is one of the best schools in Coral Springs! The new Principal has brought multiple innovative programs to the school. The new multiage program is fantastic and the teachers are wonderful. Not to mention all of the teachers are hard working dedicated individuals who care about children. The parent involvement is like no other. The PTO works closely with school staff to support the needs of the school. I would recommend this school to anyone moving to Florida!

Posted July 09, 2013
Riverside El. is the best kept secret in Coral Springs! Beautiful small school in the southwest area of the city. Amazing teachers, families and most important-wonderful children! My 3 children are receiving an outstanding education and adore their school. Some teachers were better than others by far but that is everywhere. Stay involved with your child's education. The technology each year increases and this coming year will be even stronger! Riverside is a wireless interactive school. Any family looking into attending Riverside will be thrilled. Administrators doors are always open and ready to listen. The best way as a new parent to jump in is to join the PTO. I found that was an easy way to meet other parents and jump in to volunteer . What a great school!

Posted May 02, 2013
This is a great school. It's private school quality. The new principal has made many positive changes. I did not like the principal before her and I'm not thrilled about the vice principal. The teachers I have dealt with are wonderful. The PTO is the best. You have a great group of volunteers. It is very family oriented. I am happy my kids go to this school.

Posted August 15, 2012
I beg to differ with the parents below this was my daughters last year at Riverside and I am confident that she received everything she needs to be successful in Middle School. I have never met a more dedicated, hard working and professional group of teachers. Talking about the paycheck they have not received raises in 7 years although the school has stayed an A unlike other schools. The new principal came to the school in January and is very child focused. I am sorry that the parent s below had such a bad experience but I LOVE this school and awe are sad that we had to move to Middle school. Riverside has a family atmosphere and both my children went to the school K-5. The teachers were like an extension of me withe them. I felt confident that they were loved and cared for as well as instructed. They were always approachable and available to all my needs. My kids both have disabilities and I can not say enough about their ESE department. They were the greatest. Like the kids say "RIVERSIDE ROCKS" I challenge anyone to find out for themselves about the school and they will be very happy they did.

Posted April 11, 2012
Its sad to say this, but I have to agree with the parents below. My neighbors all spoke highly of Riverside, one of them specifically with 2 boys of whom the oldest is now attending UCF and the youngest is currently attending JP Taravella. I bought my house up here because of the wonderful things I heard about this school and I must say, my child's teacher is excellent, however, like the parents below say, the administration is the worst. They could care less about the students and the teachers, you walk in and the first two people you see are 2 ladies that seem to be mad at the world every single day. You walk in there and you say good morning and its like no one heard, then you're leaving and say have a nice day, no response. They are there only to collect their paycheck and nothing else. This has been a sad experience for me but my child only has next school year at Riverside and I will be so thankful when that year is over and he moves to middle school. I would not recommend this school to anyone until I know that they have done a clean sweep of the administration and hire people who cares about our kids and our teachers.

Posted March 08, 2012
My daughter is in 2nd grade at this school and you can easily tell which teachers are just there for a check! I am so tired of begging a teacher to let me know my child's conduct so I can help! I wish there were more teachers who actually care there is definitely not enough programs or help for children having a hard time learning.

Posted October 19, 2011
The whole reason we bought our house a few years ago is because we had heard so many great things about Riverside. Unfortunately, I am HIGHLY disappointed. Not only are the classrooms over crowded despite the state cap of 18, the school leaders would rather pay the fine vs hiring additional teachers. This makes it extremely difficult for the current teachers when they have so many students with no extra help in the classroom. Luckily, parent involvment is high but the administration is TERRIBLE!! They don't support the teachers, they don't support the parents, they seem to only care about their bottom line. The teachers do the best they can considering the circumstance but they're spread out way too thin. Parents are frustrated and seem to have no choice as to what goes on in the school; our only hope is to remain involved for the sake of our kids. Had I known all this before buying this house, I wouldn't have bought my house here. I would have bought a much smaller house in Parkland where the school system is supposedly much better. I think Riverside was GREAT back in the day. My neighbor's children, all my age now, all went to Riverside & they swear by the school. I beg to differ

Riverside Elementary School
11450 Riverside Drive, Coral Springs, FL  33071
Last modified Riverside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top