739 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 08, 2016
Thank you both Mrs Kitman and Mrs Barker for being amazing teachers and working diligently with my son.

Posted June 08, 2016
Awesome teachers, very caring and you can tell they love to teach. Mrs Kitman and Mrs Barker are the best, both really cared not just about educating the child but also cared about reaching out to the inner child. My son was shy and they both really put in time working to get him to participate more. He has done so well because of them. Aftercare has also been great, wonderful aftercare staff, esp the girls at the front desk. I have not had much experience wit the office staff except for a few times and they have been helpful and attentive each time.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted March 01, 2016
two bad teachers out of 5 years attending this school…somewhat effective. My daughter had 3 great teachers whom she won't ever forget, also she won't forget the bad ones. Teachers always are a great impact in our kids lives.

Riverside Elementary School 2

Posted March 01, 2016
The staff of the school really don't care about your child, doesn't matter what problem you have good luck on getting help from them.

Riverside Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2015
Just went to meet and greet with my second and third grade children. I was impressed with the school as well as their teachers. I am looking forward to the first year at Riverside!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 08, 2015
The teachers are great - there is open communication between them and the parents - I always felt like they understood my son and helped him learn as much as possible - in 2nd grade he had a hard time with spelling and his teacher really worked with him to overcome it.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 08, 2015
During 5th grade they really help the kids get ready for middle school - from the type of work they are given to switching their science class to a different room and teacher so they start to get ready to understand how it feels to move through several classes a day

Posted August 08, 2015
This is a great school - my son attended K through 5th grade - they have the best gifted program in Broward - the teachers are caring, dedicated, and hard working. My son also attended the after care program from K through 5 and he loved it.

Posted May 08, 2015
I have no idea what these negative reviews are about. I've been a parent there for 15 years, since my three oldest kids are each four years apart. The front desk ladies aren't the nicest in the world. Hey - the job sucks. But that's not what I care about. The teaching there is excellent, the PTO there is beyond amazing, and everyone there goes way above and beyond. They did afterschool clubs two years ago with everything from sewing, to legos, outdoor sports, and computer games - all run by teachers. These people stayed after school 1 to 2 times a week to spend even MORE time with children, and for a meager bonus, if that. They do great events (book fairs, science fair, history fair, People fair, talent shows, Boosterthon Fun Run) and countless fundraisers at various local restaurants and eateries. My twins will be starting there in two years and I chuckle to myself that I'll be a 20 year veteran of one school. And I couldn't pick a better school.

Riverside Elementary School 3

Posted May 06, 2015
I love the school and my daughter is doing very well since she's started going there. Her teacher cares for her well being and she likes to be there. My only issue is its hard to get in contact with the principal or even the counselors. That's a problem for me. I feel as if you should contact a parent back if they say it's important. Can't reach them by email nor voice mail either.

11450 Riverside Drive, Coral Springs, FL  33071
Last modified Riverside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.