870 students|Broward

Bad
Good

This school is exceptional in quality of education, parent communication, challenge, and responsiveness. This is the second year that our kids attend Country Hills and they love it-not because it is easy, but because it is a friendly and an educational environment that prides itself on continuously challenging the children. They also reward well. If you're looking for a school that gives A's to kids just because it makes them feel good, this isn't it. I would recommend this school to any parent.

I have to agree with the parent's comment on 6 June 2012 and 30 April 2015. My daughter is African American and was retained after her first year at Country Hills. I did not find out my daughter was behind until March of 2013; The last parent teacher conference. During the conference the teacher presented a test that was 2 points away from passing, she also showed me her reading level, which was low compared to their standards. With anger, I went back and forth with my daughter's teacher, her teacher did not care. It is all about keeping ratings/numbers up at Country Hills, so if your child falls behind the teachers leave them behind. Her teacher was very unprofessional, as she started naming children and behaviors that could have been a factor as to why my daughter fell behind (BS excuses) My daughter passed her math with flying colors. Prior to this conference I never received incomplete classwork, notification or communication from the teacher that my child was not on target for promotion. As a parent I made sure my daughter completed all of her homework and reading assignments on time, and yet I had no clue she was not doing well in class. I don't understand why I was never notified. I was speaking with a parent who also had the same issue at Country Hills (She took her daughter out of Country Hills, and her daughter is now in the grade she should be in). It looks like the norm for this school based off the comments I mentioned above and word of mouth. I asked if I would have been notified in advance what could have been done...this school doesn't even offer tutoring for children falling behind, instead they want to send a packet home for you to fill out to evaluate your child for mental - behavioral issues; This is what they tried to give me after my daughter was retained; I did not fill this packet out, and her doctor said "the school is nuts." If you are an African American - minority parent do not bring your child here.

This school is overcrowded. The black children, especially boys are labled as failures; common 6 and 7 year old behavior is blown out of proportion. The teachers will tell you your child reads below grade level (but at home reads perfectly fine); when teachers are confronted, excuses are made and another issue arises. If you are a parent that works 9-5 and are not involved in PTA because you do not have the time to take off, your child does not matter to the school. I suggest communicating with your childs classmates parents - they will really help you discover the truth of these teacher's lies. Teachers lack communication with parents; stay on these teachers. Someone needs to look into the statistics of how many children have been wrote up and held back, and how many are minorities

This is the 1s year that our son has attended the school. He just finished 3rd grade and his teacher was one of the best teachers that he has had. Mrs. Head is a teacher in the true sense of the meaning. She is very professional yet she created an atmosphere where the students were very comfortable and eager to learn. My son loved going to school and enjoyed learning! The school has an immense sense of community and encourages parents involvement which is paramount in the success of any school community. We are very impressed and look forward to another great year as our daughter joins the CHE family as well in kindergarten in August.

County Hills has been a great school for my kids. We've been there for many years now and my children are doing well. They love their teachers and have many friends. The school has a great sense of community and has very nice family events like BINGO and a 5K walk. The teachers and staff really care about all the kids and put a lot of effort into getting to know the parents. The school PTA has a lot of opportunities for volunteering and is always lots of fun. Great school!

Our family has had a wonderful experience at CHE. Every teacher has been extremely committed to the success of my child; the administration is responsive and always trying to be fair, and definitely committed to following the rules. Staff members seem to really enjoy the children and be at our service. The PTA is strong, raising a great deal of money to enhance the kids' experience and education - including providing wireless access for the school. It's always a bit uncomfortable to be the outsider amongst a group of people who already know each other and have worked together. But as I'm teaching my own child, when one takes the time and initiative to get to know people and let them know you, friendly working relationships with most, and great friendships with some will develop. I found that amongst the parents, teachers, staff and PTA. No matter how good the school, it is also important to remember that you are the best advocate for your child, and not be afraid to speak up when necessary. I highly recommend this school for the elementary education experience as a whole. We will be very sad to move on...

The school is phenomenol. This is our last year as our youngest is going to middle school. I was shocked to read the previous comment as the PTA has always been warm and welcoming. In fact they do an over the top job with all of their fundraisers, including their auction. The teachers and administration are extremely fair and do not cave into the demands of irrational parents

Country Hills has been a fantastic school for my children. The staff is top notch and the educational needs of my children have far exceeded my expectations. I don't agree with the negative comments regarding the PTA, as everyone has always been kind and open to new members who are willing to volunteer their time. The principal and vice principal have taken parent bullying complaints very seriously and as a previous reviewer said, they do not bend to the demands of the "irrational parents."

Country Hills Elementary is a fantastic school that I am happy to say my children attend. The school leadership is exemplary, the teachers are clearly dedicated and the overall parent involvement is amazing. We have had one of our children in that school for 10 years now and all of them have benefited from the education provided. My wife and I have always been members of the PTA and find that group as a whole to be an amazing group of parents and grandparents. I would strongly recommend this area and school to anyone.

Last modified Country Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.