740 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Beware !!, look somewhere else. It seems that most of the staff including the principal only cares about is money and not helping the students succeed. The ESE program in particular is absolutely terrible, in the cluster program they have students with all kinds of disabilities all together. That's a mayor mistake. They should have ESE and "Gifted" separately. Is common sense people!!, You can't have a none verbal child in the same classroom with a student that is Asperger's. The ESE director is mean and all they want is more funding for each child they can keep in the cluster, so trust me they don't have any intentions in getting your child out to mainstream and they will lie to you.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Ever since kindergarten , my Chid is now in third grade her teachers have always pushed her to do her best and always updated me in how good she was doing or what she needed work on. They always made her feel like they know she can do an ama I got job. Which in turn gives my child confidencial

The school is awesome the principal knows each child by name and I love the teachers. I would score it as a great experience if the front staff didn't always have an attitude or answer the phone as if they have better things to do. You can just see annoyance on their faces. There's one woman in particular who always has a bad attitude I've seen a few times when the children are late In the mornings and she has to get each child's name she just has no patience and speaks with such a bad attitude. Of course not everyone in the front office behaves this way, but the ladies who do give a bad experience to the awesome school that is parks side elementary.

I do not know how, but my daughter landed a Fabulous, Gifted teacher 2 years straight; with both educators able to appeal to my child's learning style. We started the 2014-15 year from a Miami-Dade school, and it has been an invigorating change! Praise Yeshua for an above caring faculty and teachers at Parkside Elementary. Peace

Develops character: Strongly agree

the teachers use their weekends and rest time to reach out about their students. They don't rest until there is resolution in matters concerning the child. This is a very commendable act.

My daughter has been in Parkside Elementary since 2013-2014 year and she loves the school. She has been in the Compass Program since the beginning (kindergarten) and she really likes the "Project Base" system of learning. She is excelling in her grades and is very engaged in her class. My son will be starting next year in this program. I can wait to see him succeed and grow in this amazing environment. We all love this school!

Wonderful staff and administration is so supportive!! Very thankful for having found them this year.

Parkside Elementary School My child attends Parkside and has been there for 3 yrs. I find that for the most part, the teachers are very good. I have had positive feed back from my child's teacher. But she now has left. I think that the administration is very lax in their handling problems that may occur between students. I have met the new principal and find her to be less than what I would expect from a principal. A bit stand-offish an not approachable. I felt as if she wanted not to be bothered. I do hope things will improve. I may have to consider a change. Very unimpressed. New PTA board this year and hoping we can do more for the school. One thing is I would like to see more physical activity for the children.

My child has been at Parkside Elem. Now for 3 years. Once they started Compass Program (project base) my child has excelled and loves going to school because they do "fun" learning. The Compass teachers are amazing and caring, always trying to get the kids to think outside the box. Parkside has a new principle this year 2013-2014 the jury is still not out.

Both my boys are excelling this year and very engaged in the project based program they have at Parkside. Their teachers are wonderful and they communicate with the parents all the time, office and administrative staff work really hard to keep the kids safe. Our 2nd year there and we love it.

Last modified Parkside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.