Broward Community Charter School 5

Posted February 21, 2014
BCCS West campus is lead by Ms. Pommels, a principal with an open door policy, well prepared to run this school, and very respectful of parents requests. My child was in regular public school and I had her transferred to BCCS West Campus in October last year due to my frustration with lack of quality in education, negligence with my child's health, and much more. In three months my child (in Kindergarten) is adding and subtracting, reading books from cover to cover (K level, of course), understands who an author, illustrator, the characters, and the scenery of a story. The music and art programs are fabulous! Curriculum in science and social studies are also exceptional with hand-on learning. The new administration has helped this school move from average to excellent. keep it up!

Broward Community Charter School 5

Posted December 28, 2013
School is wonderful, my child loves it. Would definitely recommend to any others. No complaints.

Posted September 05, 2013
This school will never improve. It has a poor managerial company and they only care about making money off the students and parents. It is a horrible place to send your child, I suggest moving your child to a regular public school, at least they won't go without a lunch there.

Broward Community Charter School 2

Posted September 04, 2013
My child started grade K here just 3 days ago. I transferred him from a different school hoping that he would get a better education here. I am pleased with certain aspects of the school; it seems to be very informative and they encourage parent participation. What I do not like is the blatant lack of communication between members of staff and between staff and parents. In his first week, due to errors and poor communication on the school's part he has been denied lunch and left without a meal or drink for the day. They failed to communicate this with my husband and I. Today my child was yelled at for spelling his name incorrectly (he was actually spelling it correctly; the teacher was spelling it according to how she pronounces it due to her accent). I'm not sure where the breakdown in communication is but this school demands a lot from the parents which is fine; but I feel that they also need to commit to their side of the agreement. Obviously it is early days and I am hoping that once the headteacher responds to my request to meet; these issues can be resolved and the school will live up to its expectations of a charter school.

Broward Community Charter School 3

Posted August 04, 2013
I have to disagree with the last post. The current School Leader has a Masters Level and certified Principal and currently working on her Doctoral Degree. All Charter School teachers have to be certified and ESOL endorsed which at this school they are.PLEASE check before you post.

Broward Community Charter School 4

Posted February 25, 2012
I am not sure that the previous post was for the right school. This is Broward Community Charter School West. My son attends this school and is in Kindergarten. Since attending this school he has grown in leaps and bounds in his academics. He is reading, and doing math. His teacher, the same one for the whole year, is very responsive and attentative, and has worked with my son. As another person stated no school is perfect as no person in perfect. We are going to be moving and will travel just to have our child still attend this school.

Broward Community Charter School 4

Posted August 16, 2010
I was a little scared of placing my daughter to this school, probably the reviews are not the best but I know that this world is full of different expectations and different personalities. At the end after a lot of thought my daughter is enrolled 2010-2011 year and I"m very comfortable about it. Very organized and Mr Drag is a very good principal, Everytime I contact him, he always answers back and always willing to help us as parents. Looking forward for next year and I know that I'm going to put all my effort for this year to be the best, We shouldn't been in the position of judging in the other hand help this school to be better. We should take advantage of parent involvement program and be involved in our kids' lives.

Posted May 25, 2010
This school is a joke. Doesn't seem to be any overarching plan for student achievement. Even the teachers of the same grade don't know what the others are doing or why. There's no follow through, no high expectations of the kids. My daughter cries because she's bored and there's no discipline or structure. I feel like the whole year was wasted. Stay away from this place. If the principal spent as much time developing a sound academic program as he spends directing traffic in the parking lot, it might be a good start. We're going back to private school next year. Hopefully my daughter won't be behind and we can forget this whole year ever happened.

Broward Community Charter School 3

Posted January 20, 2010
Have we as parents ever wonder that schools are not a babysitting environment? Yes some of us parents feel that way because we drop our children there in the mornings and pick them up in the evenings. Its a learning institution and we need play a more important role in our childrens lives. My daughter has been in this school for the past almost two years, and yes i had concerns regarding organization, but overall it is a great school especially the kindergarten building. The teachers are great. There is no school that is going to be perfect. But if we want good results from our children we have to play a role in their school life as well. Teachers cannot do it all. Help with their homework etc. Overall the school is a good school.

Posted June 12, 2009
Unfortunately when the leadership in a school allows discipline and instruction to fall to the lowest common denominator, the result is a disruptive, undisciplined bunch of crazies. My advice: apply discipine and remove the worst offenders; pretty soon, the parents will shore up their children and the children will finally feel safe to learn instead of having to keep up the charade to survive the madness. I do believe Mr. Drag will restore order. But for now, I am removing my kids.

Broward Community Charter School
11421 Northwest 56th Drive, Coral Springs, FL  33076
Last modified Broward Community Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Broward Community Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews.