309 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Broward Community Charter West 2

Posted August 04, 2013
I totally disagree about the PTO. The PTO is a one woman show and has been for 7 years. That woman has done ALL of the Fundraising for the school without very much help from parents. I never had a problem with either Admi is traction (old or new) getting an appt. to speak with them. If you can't get through by telephone etc. you simply email them. There is also a Governing Oard of Directors and a School Liason if need be. Not for anything but I also did take my children out of the school this year . But, the Administration and PTO were awesome and for the most part the teachers as well. Parent involvement is very welcome in a Charter School and the parents in this school need to get more involved.

Broward Community Charter West 2

Posted July 20, 2013
My daughter started KG at this school in 2011. I enrolled her expecting a very high quality education. The teachers were great but the administration is very unapproachable, the PTA is non existent and is very disorganized. I reenrrolled my daughter for first grade thinking maybe I was wrong and they need it one more chance... Totally wrong!!! Again, the teacher was excellent! And I mean EXCELLENT! But again the disorganization and unapprochability won... From the front office to the new principal was impossible to talk to someone... I ask for a principal appointment and they all gave me a different excuse and I was not able to meet with her or talk to her on the phone...the AYP was not met again this year and apparently it dropped to a C school. I did not enroll my daughter at this school for 2013-14.

Posted August 26, 2011
Expecting the best this school year, this is my daughter's second year in broward community charter and we are very pleased with the education, the communication and everything in school. Strongly recommend this school

Broward Community Charter West 5

Posted July 26, 2011
My 2010-2011 experience en this school has been excellent, very good teachers, very good communication w/ the principal, teachers and office staff. My daughter is super happy and learning a lot and will not change schools for nothing. !!!!

Broward Community Charter West 1

Posted October 04, 2010
This is my 6th year in this school. I started here when the school was at the east campus. I must say that there has been a lot of changes since and most not good. The school grade has gone from an A to a C. That is very disappointing. I'll definitely pull my children out at the end of this school year. It will be a big change for all of us but we'll deal. The principal was easily approachable before but now, it's like he is avoiding facing parents and what the school has become. Some of us need some assurance or explanation as to how things are going to be improved upon. I expected more but any how, it's a shame that it has to come to this.

Posted September 06, 2010
Very good School, My daughter is going to Kindergarten, Very good communication with the teachers, the principal and the front office. My daughter is very happy.

Posted May 01, 2010
Horrible!!!! This school is completely disorganized. No communication!! teachers are ok at best!! I was completely disappointed!!! They always have openings which is no surprise at all!!!

Broward Community Charter West 5

Posted October 21, 2009
I have had my child in this wonderful school since kindergarden she is know in third grade, and if I had to choose again I wouldnt think twice about it..being able to comunicate with everyone in the school is great.There is alot of parent,teacher,student involvement.. I coudn't be happier. Antoinette

Posted September 26, 2009
They have the greatest teachers who really work with your child and teach them a lot!

Posted October 11, 2008
As a parent at BCCS-West I am truly happy with the teachers at this school. They are dedicated, supportive and committed. It is too bad that administration is not. Administration is more concerned with their idle chit chat than supporting the very reason they are in existence, the students and teachers. Administration allows a parent to offer car detailing once a week and charge $15.00 for the service. Half supposedly goes back to the school, but I am sure that barely covers the water and electric usage for this service. Since when do parents get to run businesses out of their child's school? Please get your priorities together and put the students and teachers first.

11421 Northwest 56th Drive, Coral Springs, FL  33076
Last modified Broward Community Charter West is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.