Posted September 02, 2014
Atlantis Academy is home to my son. We have looked for a school that could understand his needs for many years and we have finally found it! Atlantis Academy is such a nurturing and well rounded school. The director and assistant director are a dynamic duo. They get things done and with love and honesty. The school conducts monthly assessments and benchmark assessments to help them and us understand our children's educational needs. Homework is given and its not just busy work the homework reinforces the class work. The teachers are caring. I cant say enough good things about Atlantis Academy. They teach our children they don't just sit them in front of a computer and hope that they learn. It is all direct instruction. Thank You Atlantis Academy!!!! My sons friends went on to college, what a wonderful testament to the school!

Posted June 25, 2013
Atlantis Academy was our families saving grace. My husband and I researched and continued to put off making and educational move for our son we continued to believe that the public system was going to do right for our child. It never happened and we received so much positive feedback from others in the community about Atlantis Academy. Atlantis Academy met all of our son's needs and then some! The small individual class sizes and groups really meet the students needs, The monthly assessments that are conducted provide so much feedback and the results are reinforced by the teachers. The director and assistant director are the best team of administration that our family has ever worked with. You won't find a more caring and nurturing environment. The classwork and homework match up and positive reinforcement is always provided.

Posted May 27, 2013
I to can not let the comment made by an immature and irrational ex student go without a rebuttal. Atlantis Academy is an awesome private school for students who don't learn by the standards of public school. The teachers are so understanding and come up with lessons that make you want to learn. They give up their own time to tutor and help with extra assignments. They are not miracle workers and they must have the help of the students and their parents to pull everything together. The student that wrote the negative comment was in my class and we had to put up with constant interruptions from her and the teachers were so very patient. That student bragged that she visited another school and they wouldn't accept her. Atlantis Academy staff members kept on working with her on her social skills and she learning disabilities. If I remember correctly she was guided to go into a vocational program but chose to go against that suggestion. I am so proud to be an Atlantis Academy graduate they remained on my side and pushed me when needed and assisted me when I didn't understand something. I now have an associate degree and I am now a manager. Choose Atlantis you won't be sorry.

Posted May 06, 2013
I can't let the previous comment/review go without a rebuttal. I graduated in 2010 and I have received my associate degree and i am carrying it over to a bachelors. Atlantis Academy is and was a fantastic school that did teach by effort and ability. If it wasn't for the mentioned math teacher I wouldn't have passed my entrance exam to Palm Beach State. He taught in such a hands on way that I got it. He wouldn't move forward unless we understood. The English teacher was awesome and again her teaching style was what we needed. She made language arts bearable. The PE teacher made health class something that you didnt want to miss. Unfortunately we all had to put up with Kathy's antics. She stalked our English Teacher by calling her at home and she sent letters to other teachers. she bit the heads off of geckos and was extremely immature. It is obvious that there are other issues here and blaming the school and her after school tutor is a cop out and not fair to all of the students that have graduated and are about to graduate and received a great hands on education. I know of four students this year that have been accepted to college and have passed the entrance exams thanks to AA.

Posted January 01, 2013
Our family has found the perfect school for our son, Atlantis Academy. Atlantis Academy is a great school for children with mild to moderate disabilities. The teachers are caring and their effort is always at 100%. The students at Atlantis Academy are assessed every month and these scores are used for placement and other evaluations. The students recently attended a national college fair and are currently filling out their college applications. For students that might not be college bound for academic or ability reasons, the Assistant Director works with these students and helps find post high school placements for them. Currently she has placed students in the ARC Program and job Corps. Last year during their accreditation I was able to sit down and review the training schedule that the teachers and staff participate in, and as a Broward County school teacher myself I was very impressed with all of the ESE and special education training and classes that the staff attend. These teachers are so dedicated towards our students its wonderful to see. The school has a news and radio program that ALL students participate in, Its so wonderful to witness learning disabled reading on tv. A++

Posted October 28, 2012
Our family has finally found a school that accepts our son for what he is. Atlantis Academy has what it takes to service children with special needs, a caring group of teachers, excellent administrations and academics that allow our children to grow. They use SRA Reading, Saxon Math and many other suppliments to make academics fun. They have a wonderful broadcast class, WAACS, that turns our children into stars. The special need children of the school are writing stories, reading stories off of a teleprompter and are using state of the art equipment. The broadcast teacher allows the students to "run the show". What a great sense of accomplishment Atlantis Academy should be so proud of him and his students. I do think that they could use some additional technology in the school but other than that the homework is challenging, classes are challenging and the teachers are great. It is also great to see the number of students going off to college, what a great accomplishment. The graduating seniors have been invited to a college fair this year. Thank you Atlantis Academy for all that you do!

Posted August 31, 2012
Atlantis Academy is a fantastic school for children with mild to moderate disabilities. WAACS is their student run news and radio program, what a phenomenal elective class I was allowed to go in and watch a broadcast from start to finish, amazing! Highschool and middle school students in complete control of the production with the teacher close by for assistance if needed and constantly offering praise. Did I mention that the students have learning dissabilities! My autistic son wrote his own story and then was able to read it off of a teleprompter looking straight at the camera. The self confidence level of the students is overwhelming. They are all treated like stars. My son is struggling in math and now is taught at a level where algebra is fun and he gets it not to mention the teacher made a beautiful framed photo of my son and his completed algebra test that was done on the white board. The proof is in the picture. You can't find a more dedicated caring and trained group of teachers. The assistant director is such a great woman who cares for our students and will go the extra mile to help them succeed. Thank you Atlantis Academy.

Posted May 15, 2012
It is unfortunate that the person on February 12th wrote such a negative comment. I have had the honor to be part of the recent Accreditation Team as well as being a long time parent. I was able to look into all of the paperwork that is submitted for accreditation and was surprisingly pleased at the amount of Special Education training that all of the teachers as well as the staff have. It doesn't take a Special Ed Certified teacher to teach our students, it takes a well trained compationate teacher that cares for and supports our children that are a little different. Atlantis Academy could use more technology within the classrooms and they recently aquired some IPADS, which helps, but more technology would be better. The teachers are awesome and they replaced a PE teacher that was lazy with a new PE teacher that teaches awesome lessons and the health classes now rock! The multimedia program is fabulous it teaches all of the students writing, public speaking and technology. They have a great educational program taught by dedicated teachers. I just asked today and there are five students graduating and three have been excepted to college. Choose Atlantis Academy you will be happy.

Atlantis Academy 3

Posted May 07, 2012
To the most recent post by a parent. I am considering Atlantis Academy for my son going into the 6th grade. If you feel strongly about your opinion, ANY type of justification would be appreciate other than run far away. It does a disservice to the school and to those wanting TRUE feedback. From what I have seen thus far, and the interactions, it is still an option on my list.

Atlantis Academy 1

Posted February 17, 2012
run as fast as you can get this school is not what it appears to be teachers are not ese qualified please if you love your child look else where so many bodies to step over think TWICE OR U WILL BE SORRY

Atlantis Academy